Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Is there a magazine capacity limit for CC?

  1. #1
    Regular Member Hendu024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    Does anyone know if there is a limit for magazine capacities for CC and OC?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    143

    Post imported post

    From what threads have said on here for OC yes 20 rnds unless you have a CHP and for CC no there is no limit. I will try to find the thread and put the link to it.



    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/23145.html



    Semper fi



    editto add link.








  3. #3
    Regular Member Hendu024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    Thanks for the info. Just got a 29 rounder for my Glock 23 and thought about sporting it in my Galco shoulder rig.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lorton, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    77

    Post imported post

    § 18.2-287.4. Carrying loaded firearms in public areas prohibited; penalty.

    It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a loaded (a) semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time of the offense with a magazine that will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock or (b) shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered on or about his person on any public street, road, alley, sidewalk, public right-of-way, or in any public park or any other place of whatever nature that is open to the public in the Cities of Alexandria, Chesapeake, Fairfax, Falls Church, Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, or Virginia Beach or in the Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Henrico, Loudoun, or Prince William. (emphasis added)

    The provisions of this section shall not apply to law-enforcement officers, licensed security guards, military personnel in the performance of their lawful duties, or any person having a valid concealed handgun permit or to any person actually engaged in lawful hunting or lawful recreational shooting activities at an established shooting range or shooting contest. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.



    The prohibition on mag cap is limited to the places listed in blue bold bold.Note that the firearm cannont be equiped with the mag. One could carry a spare mag with as many rounds as one likes. This law section does not have an exemption for self defence and Mr. fisher got convicted because he had a 10mm pistol and the prosecutor convinced the jurry this represented malace aforethought.-Jay

  5. #5
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844

    Post imported post

    Jason Rogers wrote:
    Mr. fisher got convicted because he had a 10mm pistol and the prosecutor convinced the jurry this represented malace aforethought.-Jay

    What does Harold Fish (NOT Fisher)have to do with the OP's question?
    The G23 is 40SW.

    [line]


    Fish was convicted because his attorney was an IDIOT
    (IMHO).

    Monday morning QB,Fish might havemade a few mistakesjust prior toand after the shooting.
    Warning shots, talking freely with the police before speaking with his attorney.

    Maricopa County, the County Fish was convicted in authorizes LE to carry 10mm, iirc.
    Fisher had EVIL Black Talon ammunition, one of the least powerful 10mm loadings.

    The Jury fell for the Prosecutors tricks.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  6. #6
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    Hendu024 wrote:
    Thanks for the info. Just got a 29 rounder for my Glock 23 and thought about sporting it in my Galco shoulder rig.
    ok, I'll bite. Why on earth would you carry a 29 round mag in a G23?
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  7. #7
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    Agent19 wrote:
    Jason Rogers wrote:
    Mr. fisher got convicted because he had a 10mm pistol and the prosecutor convinced the jurry this represented malace aforethought.-Jay

    What does Harold Fisher have to do with the OP's question?
    The G23 is 40SW.

    [line]

    Fisher was convicted because his attorney was an IDIOT
    (IMHO).

    Monday morning QB,Fisher might havemade a few mistakesjust prior toand after the shooting.
    Warning shots, talking freely with the police before speaking with his attorney.

    Maricopa County, the County Fisher was convicted in authorizes LE to carry 10mm, iirc.
    Fisher had EVIL Black Talon ammunition, one of the least powerful 10mm loadings.

    The Jury fell for the Prosecutors tricks.

    +1
    It amazes me how many lawyers really give NO service. It seems to be a common practice with some lawyers, to meet their clients for the first time, at the courthouse lobby before court. I'm sure that for a serious offense such as this there was other contact...however, it doesn't look like any of the BS was challenged.


  8. #8
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    ProShooter wrote:
    Hendu024 wrote:
    Thanks for the info. Just got a 29 rounder for my Glock 23 and thought about sporting it in my Galco shoulder rig.
    ok, I'll bite. Why on earth would you carry a 29 round mag in a G23?
    Well....just because!:P

  9. #9
    Regular Member Virginiaplanter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    402

    Post imported post

    ProShooter wrote:
    Hendu024 wrote:
    Thanks for the info. Just got a 29 rounder for my Glock 23 and thought about sporting it in my Galco shoulder rig.
    ok, I'll bite. Why on earth would you carry a 29 round mag in a G23?
    Why do you need handicap parking at Costco? If you are so disabled that you need handicap parking, how are you going to pick up those 50lbs bags of rice?:shock:

  10. #10
    Regular Member ChinChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Loudoun County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    683

    Post imported post

    Jason Rogers wrote:
    § 18.2-287.4. Carrying loaded firearms in public areas prohibited; penalty.

    It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a loaded (a) semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time of the offense with a magazine that will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock or (b) shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered on or about his person on any public street, road, alley, sidewalk, public right-of-way, or in any public park or any other place of whatever nature that is open to the public in the Cities of Alexandria, Chesapeake, Fairfax, Falls Church, Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, or Virginia Beach or in the Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Henrico, Loudoun, or Prince William. (emphasis added)

    The provisions of this section shall not apply to law-enforcement officers, licensed security guards, military personnel in the performance of their lawful duties, or any person having a valid concealed handgun permit or to any person actually engaged in lawful hunting or lawful recreational shooting activities at an established shooting range or shooting contest. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
    Hrm. Wouldn't the section you bolded in blue be in direct violation of: Virginia Code § 15.2-915 ?

    And if so; wouldn't the locality be liable for lawyer & court costs in a suit brought against them under the new 15.2-915 subsection C which was just passed this year which reads:

    C. In addition to any other relief provided, the court shall award reasonable attorney fees, expenses, and court costs to any person, group, or entity that prevails in an action challenging an ordinance, resolution, motion, or administrative action as being in conflict with this section.

    hrmm

    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when youre serious and when youre being sarcastic. Abraham Lincoln

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lorton, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    77

    Post imported post

    ChinChin wrote:
    Jason Rogers wrote:
    § 18.2-287.4. Carrying loaded firearms in public areas prohibited; penalty.

    It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a loaded (a) semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time of the offense with a magazine that will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock or (b) shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered on or about his person on any public street, road, alley, sidewalk, public right-of-way, or in any public park or any other place of whatever nature that is open to the public in the Cities of Alexandria, Chesapeake, Fairfax, Falls Church, Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, or Virginia Beach or in the Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Henrico, Loudoun, or Prince William. (emphasis added)

    The provisions of this section shall not apply to law-enforcement officers, licensed security guards, military personnel in the performance of their lawful duties, or any person having a valid concealed handgun permit or to any person actually engaged in lawful hunting or lawful recreational shooting activities at an established shooting range or shooting contest. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
    Hrm. Wouldn't the section you bolded in blue be in direct violation of: Virginia Code § 15.2-915 ?

    And if so; wouldn't the locality be liable for lawyer & court costs in a suit brought against them under the new 15.2-915 subsection C which was just passed this year which reads:

    C. In addition to any other relief provided, the court shall award reasonable attorney fees, expenses, and court costs to any person, group, or entity that prevails in an action challenging an ordinance, resolution, motion, or administrative action as being in conflict with this section.

    hrmm
    § 18.2-287.4. is actualy a Virginia State law not a locality or subdivision of the state.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    ProShooter wrote:
    Hendu024 wrote:
    Thanks for the info. Just got a 29 rounder for my Glock 23 and thought about sporting it in my Galco shoulder rig.
    ok, I'll bite. Why on earth would you carry a 29 round mag in a G23?
    Area suppressive fire :^). Or maybe because 29 is a nice number? More is better? It sounds cool? Don't have to carry an extra mag?

    My question is how big is a 29 round mag? How far does it stick out of the end of the grip?

  13. #13
    Regular Member Hendu024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    Scherer(sp?) has come out with the hi-cap mags for Glocks, and the one for the 23 is 29 rounds. I dont know why they didn't just put 30. It sticks out about 5-6 inches out of the bottom of the grip. I got it mostly just for fun but I figured, if i can carry it, why not, right? It balances amazingly well, too. Fewer reloads at the range... I also got the best magloader I've come across yet, by a company called UpLula, makes reloading a lot easier, and it loads everything from .32 to .45

  14. #14
    Regular Member Hendu024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    Correction: Just measured the mag, 4 3/4" from the bottom of the grip.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Hendu024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    Here's a pic of the beast.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    How in the world do you CC or even OC that :^)? Of course if you really feel the need to carry 30 rounds this is my preferred CC handgun (might be problematic to OC):



  17. #17
    Regular Member Hendu024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    I can't do either with anything on the belt of course. I can OC or CC in a shoulder holster. Shoulder holsters work, magazine is vertical along the ribcage. Works great, I'm 6'5" so I have a lot of length to work with. But like I said, it's mostly just for fun... Don't have to worry about carrying extra mags either

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    125

    Post imported post

    Your minds are so poisoned by the Clinton/Brady/Obama anti-gun crowd that you are all having trouble with the concept of magazine capacity. So let's refresh:
    anything 20 rounds or more = STANDARD Capacity;
    anything less than 20 rounds = REDUCED Capacity.

    So Hendu is merely carrying a standard (or normal) magazine around. Leave him alone!

  19. #19
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    Chuckles wrote:
    Your minds are so poisoned by the Clinton/Brady/Obama anti-gun crowd that you are all having trouble with the concept of magazine capacity. So let's refresh:
    anything 20 rounds or more = STANDARD Capacity;
    anything less than 20 rounds = REDUCED Capacity.

    So Hendu is merely carrying a standard (or normal) magazine around. Leave him alone!
    I am very glad to know that I am so standard! Makes me feel all right now. Have you ever noticed that a standard 100 round mag is much, much less expensive than a standard 150 round mag? :^)

    Of course I agree with you, just pokin' fun.....

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    MILLERS CREEK N.C.
    Posts
    127

    Post imported post

    once and only once..did i carry my g17 with 3 factory 33 rd mags....plus a rnd chambered....i just wanted to know if i could conceal all of that..and yes i could....i got a big frame so it worked ok for me....help me if i had to pull the trigger once for anyting...i couldnt imagine what the DA would plan for me...:shock:but then again....maybe the right answer would work...zombies..nuff said....

  21. #21
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844

    Post imported post

    It is Harold Fish not Fisher.

    [line]
    The Op could use a G22 mag equipped with a mag sleeve install a Arrendo mag extension, that would get him 20 rounds be within the law if he doesn't have a permit and it is less bulky.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    90

    Post imported post

    ballester wrote:
    once and only once..did i carry my g17 with 3 factory 33 rd mags....plus a rnd chambered....i just wanted to know if i could conceal all of that..and yes i could....i got a big frame so it worked ok for me....help me if i had to pull the trigger once for anyting...i couldnt imagine what the DA would plan for me...:shock:but then again....maybe the right answer would work...zombies..nuff said....
    You've obviously been hanging out with Woody Harrelson...

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movi...bie/index.html

    Let us know if the defense works out.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    90

    Post imported post

    post deleted by "dolt" brother.

    I believe I owe wylde007a "thank you" for expanding my brother's vocabulary lately... :P

    ... I'm telling Mom.


  24. #24
    Regular Member Hendu024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    Crash7795 wrote:
    Agent19 wrote:
    It is Harold Fish not Fisher.

    [line]
    The Op could use a G22 mag equipped with a mag sleeve install a Arrendo mag extension, that would get him 20 rounds be within the law if he doesn't have a permit and it is less bulky.
    Lucky for me, I do have a CC permit:celebrate
    Whoops, my dolt brother left his name signed in on the work computer I do have a CC permit... 30 rounds is heavy though

  25. #25
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844

    Post imported post

    can't get the video embedded. :X
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •