• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picnic in Traverse City

SpringerXDacp

imported post

The Friendship Park Event in Battle Creek is scheduled for May 24, 2009. Memorial Day Weekend is May 22 through May 25.

Edit for spelling

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

discerningshootist wrote:
Thinking about an OC get together/picnic here in beautiful Traverse City over Memorial Day weekend.
Thoughts? Takers?
I'm planning on a large picnic towards the end of June at Sunset park in Traverse Citynext to the Holiday Inn. I will have details soon. But I plan on a press release inviting all those that want to learn about OC to come out. I hope to be working with you (Scott) in promoting this.

Spriteman65

imported post

Venator wrote:
Thinking about an OC get together/picnic  here in beautiful Traverse City over Memorial Day weekend.
Thoughts? Takers?
I'm planning on a large picnic towards the end of June at Sunset park in Traverse City next to the Holiday Inn.  I will have details soon.  But I plan on a press release inviting all those that want to learn about OC to come out.  I hope to be working with you (Scott) in promoting this.

This would work much better for me.

Memorial Day Weekend is usually all sewn up for me.

I am a member of a local Honor Guard and have many functions and memorials to attend.

discerningshootist

imported post

Venator wrote:
Thinking about an OC get together/picnic here in beautiful Traverse City over Memorial Day weekend.
Thoughts? Takers?
I'm planning on a large picnic towards the end of June at Sunset park in Traverse Citynext to the Holiday Inn. I will have details soon. But I plan on a press release inviting all those that want to learn about OC to come out. I hope to be working with you (Scott) in promoting this.
Sounds like June it is. I was thinking F&M park because of the space and pavilion. But other than that, give me a call. Local support hasn't been a problem in the past.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

UnSeen UnKnown wrote:
I'll partake in the festivities
Update on UnSeen UnKnown's arrest for the illegal transport of a handgun in Traverse City. Below is the story as told by UnSeen:

The Judge dropped that charge and said you can't prosecute based on an out dated law (Changed in 2003)

They charged me for taking the gun to somewhere other than the range stating it was illegal for me to take elsewhere.

The judge threw it out because he stated it was a waste of time trying to charge someone with a crime based on a law that hasn't existed for 6 years (guess in 2003 the law changed to allow transport to anywhere you can carry/use).

To top it off when I was questioned I requested that they interview me in front of my girlfriend who was in the room, instead they told me to come outside so i asked for a witness to be present, they said no and told me it wasn't up for debate and if i wanted to push my luck they would arrest me for resisting.

Upon seizing my gun they handcuffed me and put me in the patrol car for transport to get fingerprinted where i was let out on PR, however the entire time they never read me my Miranda rights and told me i wasn't being charged with anything. when the charges where file my lawyer made motion to dismiss and the prosecutor said no because the officers said i had admitted to illegally carrying a gun on scene which in fact i had said nothing to anyone after being told i couldn't have a witness and had been asked to step outside with just the officers.

City already wants to settle out of court as of wedsnday night.