Thread: Penguicon

Post imported post

For anyone interested in combining their geekhood and love of firearms, here's a link to the Geeks with Guns event at Penguicon.

http://www.penguicon.org/features.php#geekswithguns

And a link to the main con website:

http://www.penguicon.org/index.php

(Note: The con itself does NOT allow functional firearms.)

Post imported post

wish I could go and run some OD&D or mongoose Traveller , but I have a previous commitment . yes dukenukem is a gamer geek .

Post imported post

While we're speaking of our gaming interests in this thread:

Using Microsoft Flight Simulator X, I fly (usually a Boeing 737-800) in avirtualpilot/ATC environment. You canbe a controller there, as well, withnice ATC software free to download. Although there is quite a learning curve, because you have to follow real-world procedures, the learning curve is an enjoyablejourney itself if youhave an interest in aviation or ATC. Learn more at<www.vatsim.net>.

I also love wargaming. At the strategic level,TripleA is a free online game modeled completely after Axis and Allies. At a much more tactical, in-the-mud level isWinSPMBT (Steel Panthers Main Battle Tank) which models a variety ofmodern individual vehicles and squads/teams of soldiers with a variety of weaponry.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Why have I never heard of this penguicon before?????

Thanks for the heads up!

also while on gaming any cs players or bf2 player about pm me for games