Thread: 19 yr old looking to buy first handgun.

Post imported post

Hi im from the appleton oshkosh fondulac area and im looking to buy my first handgun, with my dads help. I havent shot one yet but really enjoy shooting all together. I am not sure whatkind of handguns will fit me best im pretty small, but im looking at 9mms, if anyone knows any ranges around this area that "rent" guns to shoot so i can try some out before i buy one, or anyone have any guns they really like or anything they dislike to stay away from,Thanks again.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

My CCW (from SC where CC is the only legal carry) is a Heckler & Koch USPc .40 that I carried for about ten years.

My OCW is a SA 1911-A1 ol' reliable.

My first and most beautiful pistol is a new Interarms Luger in black satin. I hope that someday it can be my dress OCW.

There have been others along the way, a KelTec P-32 (too small for my hand), a Mauser P-38 (couldn't hit a barn from the inside), a .44 Mag (too small grips)...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

personally i have a S&W sigma .40 that works well for me.. also comes in a 9mm and looks/feels the same while holding it. its a nice gun and fairly cheap.. i dont know if they still have it but there was a $50 rebate a while back or 2 extra mags.

Post imported post

not sure of your area exactly but call ahead make a day trip down to deerfield they can help you there they sell most major brands , they have an indoor range and have a shoot it before you buy it policy

but call ahead they do so many things there that the range may be busy with a class or somthing.

http://www.deerfieldpistol.com/pages/index.html

Post imported post

Just remember that your dad is buying the handgun for himself and he chooses to gives it to you later.