Thread: Officer.com making nice, again

Post imported post

Opencarry.org = Just about the most anti-cop forum around. Plus, most of those there have no clue what they are talking about when they ramble on about their rights. It's even more anti-cop, anti-government, and full of tin foil hat-wearing, black helicopter-fearing constitutional rangers than thehighroad.org. I resent the fact that a link to that website was even posted here.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...p;postcount=30

Post imported post

no sir, some LEOs are anti OC, and therefore we have the unfortunate duty to do something about it. Education my friend, is a gift.

Ah, I really dont care what they have to say, because when push comes to shove, and an officer of the law violates our rights, well there is but one recourse.

Post imported post

One person's opinion isn't everybody's opinion. Here's another post from the same thread about open carry: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...mp;postcount=8

Post imported post

I'm constantly amazed how defensive people get when you ask a question about their profession.

Post imported post

It's sad.... Possibly because they don't want to face the truth? Such as, many of the cops who do stop people who are open carrying do infact infringe on that persons 4th and possibly 5th amendment rights. They (like most people) do not like being wrong and won't admit to it, even when faced with facts or the constitution.

And that gentleman who said that were "anti-cop" is wrong. We're pro-gun and pro-rights. I personally support my local PD (attending benefits such as car shows, etc).

JDriver1.8t wrote:
    I'm constantly amazed how defensive people get when you ask a question about their profession.

Banned

Post imported post

Boy, they think this place is bad? I guess they haven't been to ar15.com or sksboards.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I would respond that I am not anti-government or anti-law enforcement. I am for LESS government and BETTER law enforcement.

But I guess less= better = anti.

Its pretty entertaining to see some of there posts...The officers will be the first to laugh and make fun of suspect getting beat up by other officers for right or wrong reasons, but when some question an officer about a law and the officer knows there wrong, then watch out...haha...All they can do is bash the OP for not being in law enforcement or try to report you to the mods. Always a good time to read some of the posts there....haha

I've noticed that the most easily offended officers are actually from cities where the gun laws are very strict and the crime stats high...very interesting from an outsiders point of view.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
    I would respond that I am not anti-government or anti-law enforcement. I am for LESS government and BETTER law enforcement.

But I guess less= better = anti.
    Unfortunately I found many on this forum (although they are a minority) who feel the same. It's why I have my tag line.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 06-11-2011 at 08:11 AM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

While I might be strongly opinionated in discussions, I actually think the beat cop is mistreated, not empowered, underpaid and forced to work with people who 10 years ago couldn't pass muster, and have said so. I'm an advocate for better trained and paid LEOs, with calmer, more knowledgeable on the law application of their duties.

It all flows from the top down. Without "bad" guidance and tacit approval, half the stuff that goes down wrt MWAG calls wouldn't happen, imo.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I think the majority of their time is spent in revenue and traffic infractions our money would be better spent with volunteer senior citizens.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
    One person's opinion isn't everybody's opinion. Here's another post from the same thread about open carry: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...mp;postcount=8
    invalid post specified. pretty telling.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSuddeth View Post
    invalid post specified. pretty telling.

It's from 2 years ago. It's is interesting that even two years ago this site was considered anti-LEO.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    It's from 2 years ago. It's is interesting that even two years ago this site was considered anti-LEO.
    Dates have little to do with it. Cops who get into it for all the wrong reasons are a timeless problem.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

I am not now, nor have I ever been "anti-cop".

I am "anti-criminal."

It is a sad, and unfortunate fact that there are a TINY percentage of LEOS that just happen to be criminals--just like in EVERY other profession--doctors, teachers, farmers, fishermen, housewives, whatever...

I take no joy in pointing out this TINY MINORITY of criminals that somehow manage to slip through the cracks in these professions, ESPECIALLY in professions that purport to be "public servants" like LEOs, medical professionals, or teachers. In fact, I find such rare instances of criminality in these sacred professions to be egregious breached of the public trust, and are merely INDIVIDUAL instances of lawlessness that just happen to be associated with said professions.

However, I DO consider it the duty of ALL law-abiding citizens to make other law-abiding citizens aware of such dangerous, untrustworthy criminals when they abuse their positions of trust and authority, because it is ONLY by the systematic rooting out of these "bad apples" that the Public can feel safe, and our society can remain stable, lawful and Free.

Anyone who has a problem with the "outing" of criminals--who are in ANY line of work--should be viewed as suspect. Making excuses for criminal behavior is tantamount to complicity in said criminal behavior. It is one thing to exercise solidarity with your professional brethren--it is ANOTHER thing altogether to knowingly cover for obvious criminal, unlawful, and dangerous behavior just because the perpetrator works by your side.

Criminals are criminals, no matter WHAT clothes they wear--and should ALL be treated appropriately under the Law.

End of discussion.
    Last edited by Dreamer; 06-12-2011 at 02:24 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Tiny minority that it may be, lots of forces operate in a regime that is tantamount to Organized Crime. Graft, coverups, under the table, planting evidence, framing people, everything from rape to murder to DA, to serial murder, and people KNOW about it and it's swept under the rug and penalties are different (sometimes more severe).

It's the organized part that is frightening, IMO.

http://www.disclose.tv/forum/police-...ry-t17442.html

Quote Originally Posted by usamarshal
    when some question an officer about a law and the officer knows they're wrong, then watch out... All they can do is bash the OP for not being in law enforcement or try to report you to the mods.
    In one thread, I pointed out that lots of the officers posting on that thread were breaking (or were saying they would break) the law, & maybe they should learn the law so they don't get in trouble.

I posted a stack of cites to legal decisions, as well as federal laws, & was bashed for being a "civilian" (hint, so are you officer, unless you're an MP) and a "constitutional law wannabe" (or something to that effect), as well as being dismissed as being too "absurd" to be worth replying to.

What arrogance.

most of those there have no clue what they are talking about when they ramble on about their rights
    Except that most of us know more than most officers.
    We don't have a badge to hide behind, nor a department/city to pay our legal bills, so we have to know more in order to protect ourselves from that small % of officers who will break the law & try to cause problems for us.

ETA:
    A slightly more reasonable discussion about OC.
    Quote Originally Posted by post #39
    Most people that are open carry advocates do practice on gun ranges. No they don't do police quals, but most are respectful and do practice. They aren't just ignorant rednecks that anti-gun people like to make them out to be.
    And another.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 06-12-2011 at 07:16 PM.

"Officer.com. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    "Officer.com. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
    You only say that because it's true!

I had thought this issue would be laid to rest a while back.

There are definitely many members of officer.com who are anti open carry. So be it.

As I stated earlier (years earlier) in this thread, they can hate open carry and open carry .org all they want, should they attempt to enforce their opinion on most members here, it will likely come back to haunt them rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post

Awesome song. I miss the Dixie Chicks.

The issue with police is that there's no nuance or honest discussion about the mixed bag that Law Enforcement currently is. I always like to say that I really am wary of, and not a big fan of police, but I would like to be.

A lot of things need fixing, but all it takes is for one of these guys to be gunned down chasing after some degenerate scumbag to remind you of the reality of our current civilization and the kind of risks these men and women take for a paycheck. I'm reminded of it whenever I see some meth-addled psychotic speeding down the wrong side of a highway, with cops in pursuit.

I will say that anti-cop hyperbole serves no positive purpose. It shuts minds and makes dialog impossible. What we need is a constructive movement whereby police can be regarded as the good guys again. Police have to understand that they have had a hand in causing the hostility so many have against them.

I know a lot of people who you'd describe as conservative, law abiding, flag saluting types, who themselves have become wary of police in recent years. Police need to accept this fact rather than painting with a broad brush: sometimes complaints are legitimate and police, like anyone else, are fallible. And I think the problems have become systemic -- it's far more than a few "bad apples." There are simply people on the police force who should not be there.

Drawing much stronger Constitutional lines is one possible way forward, so that police simply do not get involved in the lives of non-violent citizens, and concentrate on the bad guys. One particular problem I'd like to see more police resources allocated to (by which I mean reallocated from the drug war), is human trafficking/prostitution/slavery.

If they spent more time going after those people and less time hassling hippies and otherwise law abiding gun owners, there'd be a lot less suspicion and disdain.

Result of following the link: Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
    Result of following this link is the same: Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

Looks like our "friends" over at officer.com are monitoring this thread and whenever we link to one of their pages, they erase the evidence. Either that or what was posted was actually appreciative of OCDO and they erased the pages to hide that evidence.

Regardless, I'll believe they've changed their tune when they restore my account.

I was banned as I had the raving audacity to help morph their 70% anti-OC poll and thread into a 51% pro-OC thread, particularly as most of those supporting OC were themselves LEOs who'd changed their mind over the several weeks the poll and thread were up. I accomplished this amazing feat by stooping to the incredibly bane tactic of using facts, logic, and sound reasoning, at which point at least one local (Colorado Springs) officer lied through his teeth as he submitted false complaints to the forum's mods and admin.

Since an LEO would *never* actually lie or distort the truth, much less submit false accusations, and since I was not an LEO, rather than deal with the matter in an appropriate manner, the admin choose the far easier route of simply banning me.

Quote Originally Posted by usamarshal View Post
    ...when some question an officer about a law and the officer knows there wrong, then watch out...haha...All they can do is bash the OP for not being in law enforcement or try to report you to the mods.
    Thank you for this confirmation of their tactics, usamarshal.

Needless to say, my opinion of officer.com is not favorable. However, I do not believe the mentality over there is representative of most officers at large, and for that, I am truly grateful.
    Last edited by since9; 06-27-2011 at 02:22 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I'm always looking for a different POV so I picked up a copy of SWAT magazine and read through one of the editorial stories about what a LEO has to put up with in his profession, from the insider perspective.

It's just like any other workforce, filled with good guys, slackers, arse-kissers (supervisors wanting to move up to admins).

I've said it before, the real problem is not the Citizens, it's the top mgmt, the pay, and the lack of empowerment. We even see them being used as puppets in the 'curb distance pink ruler case). I really feel for them. Instead of sucking up all the cheese for themselves, their admins and supervisors should send them to seminars and for more education to empower them. Give money for LEOs who do good in the form of bonuses. Have a citizen oversight group that looks not just at the beat cop but at their treatment from the top down.

For the LEOs, we, the people are not perps, and not your enemy; you can take that to the bank. And if we are OC-ing in the bank it will be safer for all.

$.02
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life