• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer.com making nice, again

thx997303

I had thought this issue would be laid to rest a while back.

There are definitely many members of officer.com who are anti open carry. So be it.

As I stated earlier (years earlier) in this thread, they can hate open carry and open carry .org all they want, should they attempt to enforce their opinion on most members here, it will likely come back to haunt them rather quickly.

crisisweasel

The issue with police is that there's no nuance or honest discussion about the mixed bag that Law Enforcement currently is. I always like to say that I really am wary of, and not a big fan of police, but I would like to be.

A lot of things need fixing, but all it takes is for one of these guys to be gunned down chasing after some degenerate scumbag to remind you of the reality of our current civilization and the kind of risks these men and women take for a paycheck. I'm reminded of it whenever I see some meth-addled psychotic speeding down the wrong side of a highway, with cops in pursuit.

I will say that anti-cop hyperbole serves no positive purpose. It shuts minds and makes dialog impossible. What we need is a constructive movement whereby police can be regarded as the good guys again. Police have to understand that they have had a hand in causing the hostility so many have against them.

I know a lot of people who you'd describe as conservative, law abiding, flag saluting types, who themselves have become wary of police in recent years. Police need to accept this fact rather than painting with a broad brush: sometimes complaints are legitimate and police, like anyone else, are fallible. And I think the problems have become systemic -- it's far more than a few "bad apples." There are simply people on the police force who should not be there.

Drawing much stronger Constitutional lines is one possible way forward, so that police simply do not get involved in the lives of non-violent citizens, and concentrate on the bad guys. One particular problem I'd like to see more police resources allocated to (by which I mean reallocated from the drug war), is human trafficking/prostitution/slavery.

If they spent more time going after those people and less time hassling hippies and otherwise law abiding gun owners, there'd be a lot less suspicion and disdain.

since9

Campaign Veteran

Result of following the link: Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

One person's opinion isn't everybody's opinion. Here's another post from the same thread about open carry: http://forums.officer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1752155&postcount=8

Result of following this link is the same: Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

Looks like our "friends" over at officer.com are monitoring this thread and whenever we link to one of their pages, they erase the evidence. Either that or what was posted was actually appreciative of OCDO and they erased the pages to hide that evidence.

Regardless, I'll believe they've changed their tune when they restore my account.

I was banned as I had the raving audacity to help morph their 70% anti-OC poll and thread into a 51% pro-OC thread, particularly as most of those supporting OC were themselves LEOs who'd changed their mind over the several weeks the poll and thread were up. I accomplished this amazing feat by stooping to the incredibly bane tactic of using facts, logic, and sound reasoning, at which point at least one local (Colorado Springs) officer lied through his teeth as he submitted false complaints to the forum's mods and admin.

Since an LEO would *never* actually lie or distort the truth, much less submit false accusations, and since I was not an LEO, rather than deal with the matter in an appropriate manner, the admin choose the far easier route of simply banning me.

...when some question an officer about a law and the officer knows there wrong, then watch out...haha...All they can do is bash the OP for not being in law enforcement or try to report you to the mods.

Thank you for this confirmation of their tactics, usamarshal.

Needless to say, my opinion of officer.com is not favorable. However, I do not believe the mentality over there is representative of most officers at large, and for that, I am truly grateful.

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

I'm always looking for a different POV so I picked up a copy of SWAT magazine and read through one of the editorial stories about what a LEO has to put up with in his profession, from the insider perspective.

It's just like any other workforce, filled with good guys, slackers, arse-kissers (supervisors wanting to move up to admins).

I've said it before, the real problem is not the Citizens, it's the top mgmt, the pay, and the lack of empowerment. We even see them being used as puppets in the 'curb distance pink ruler case). I really feel for them. Instead of sucking up all the cheese for themselves, their admins and supervisors should send them to seminars and for more education to empower them. Give money for LEOs who do good in the form of bonuses. Have a citizen oversight group that looks not just at the beat cop but at their treatment from the top down.

For the LEOs, we, the people are not perps, and not your enemy; you can take that to the bank. And if we are OC-ing in the bank it will be safer for all.

$.02