• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer.com making nice, again

SenorJefe

imported post

Opencarry.org = Just about the most anti-cop forum around. Plus, most of those there have no clue what they are talking about when they ramble on about their rights. It's even more anti-cop, anti-government, and full of tin foil hat-wearing, black helicopter-fearing constitutional rangers than thehighroad.org. I resent the fact that a link to that website was even posted here.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1753631&postcount=30

thx997303

imported post

no sir, some LEOs are anti OC, and therefore we have the unfortunate duty to do something about it. Education my friend, is a gift.

Ah, I really dont care what they have to say, because when push comes to shove, and an officer of the law violates our rights, well there is but one recourse.

BhmBill

imported post

It's sad.... Possibly because they don't want to face the truth? Such as, many of the cops who do stop people who are open carrying do infact infringe on that persons 4th and possibly 5th amendment rights. They (like most people) do not like being wrong and won't admit to it, even when faced with facts or the constitution.

And that gentleman who said that were "anti-cop" is wrong. We're pro-gun and pro-rights. I personally support my local PD (attending benefits such as car shows, etc).

JDriver1.8t wrote:
I'm constantly amazed how defensive people get when you ask a question about their profession.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I would respond that I am not anti-government or anti-law enforcement. I am for LESS government and BETTER law enforcement.

But I guess less= better = anti.

usamarshal

Its pretty entertaining to see some of there posts...The officers will be the first to laugh and make fun of suspect getting beat up by other officers for right or wrong reasons, but when some question an officer about a law and the officer knows there wrong, then watch out...haha...All they can do is bash the OP for not being in law enforcement or try to report you to the mods. Always a good time to read some of the posts there....haha

I've noticed that the most easily offended officers are actually from cities where the gun laws are very strict and the crime stats high...very interesting from an outsiders point of view.

sudden valley gunner

I would respond that I am not anti-government or anti-law enforcement. I am for LESS government and BETTER law enforcement.

But I guess less= better = anti.

Unfortunately I found many on this forum (although they are a minority) who feel the same. It's why I have my tag line.

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

While I might be strongly opinionated in discussions, I actually think the beat cop is mistreated, not empowered, underpaid and forced to work with people who 10 years ago couldn't pass muster, and have said so. I'm an advocate for better trained and paid LEOs, with calmer, more knowledgeable on the law application of their duties.

It all flows from the top down. Without "bad" guidance and tacit approval, half the stuff that goes down wrt MWAG calls wouldn't happen, imo.

Dreamer

I am not now, nor have I ever been "anti-cop".

I am "anti-criminal."

It is a sad, and unfortunate fact that there are a TINY percentage of LEOS that just happen to be criminals--just like in EVERY other profession--doctors, teachers, farmers, fishermen, housewives, whatever...

I take no joy in pointing out this TINY MINORITY of criminals that somehow manage to slip through the cracks in these professions, ESPECIALLY in professions that purport to be "public servants" like LEOs, medical professionals, or teachers. In fact, I find such rare instances of criminality in these sacred professions to be egregious breached of the public trust, and are merely INDIVIDUAL instances of lawlessness that just happen to be associated with said professions.

However, I DO consider it the duty of ALL law-abiding citizens to make other law-abiding citizens aware of such dangerous, untrustworthy criminals when they abuse their positions of trust and authority, because it is ONLY by the systematic rooting out of these "bad apples" that the Public can feel safe, and our society can remain stable, lawful and Free.

Anyone who has a problem with the "outing" of criminals--who are in ANY line of work--should be viewed as suspect. Making excuses for criminal behavior is tantamount to complicity in said criminal behavior. It is one thing to exercise solidarity with your professional brethren--it is ANOTHER thing altogether to knowingly cover for obvious criminal, unlawful, and dangerous behavior just because the perpetrator works by your side.

Criminals are criminals, no matter WHAT clothes they wear--and should ALL be treated appropriately under the Law.

End of discussion.

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

Tiny minority that it may be, lots of forces operate in a regime that is tantamount to Organized Crime. Graft, coverups, under the table, planting evidence, framing people, everything from rape to murder to DA, to serial murder, and people KNOW about it and it's swept under the rug and penalties are different (sometimes more severe).

It's the organized part that is frightening, IMO.

http://www.disclose.tv/forum/police-the-largest-street-gang-in-america-documentary-t17442.html

MKEgal

usamarshal said:
when some question an officer about a law and the officer knows they're wrong, then watch out... All they can do is bash the OP for not being in law enforcement or try to report you to the mods.
In one thread, I pointed out that lots of the officers posting on that thread were breaking (or were saying they would break) the law, & maybe they should learn the law so they don't get in trouble.

I posted a stack of cites to legal decisions, as well as federal laws, & was bashed for being a "civilian" (hint, so are you officer, unless you're an MP) and a "constitutional law wannabe" (or something to that effect), as well as being dismissed as being too "absurd" to be worth replying to.

What arrogance.

most of those there have no clue what they are talking about when they ramble on about their rights
Except that most of us know more than most officers.
We don't have a badge to hide behind, nor a department/city to pay our legal bills, so we have to know more in order to protect ourselves from that small % of officers who will break the law & try to cause problems for us.

ETA:
A slightly more reasonable discussion about OC.
post #39 said:
Most people that are open carry advocates do practice on gun ranges. No they don't do police quals, but most are respectful and do practice. They aren't just ignorant rednecks that anti-gun people like to make them out to be.

And another.

Last edited: