Thread: Tea Party 2009

Post imported post

I'll be attending the Colorado Spring Tea Party on the 15th, OCing my 1911 and all. Anyone else going to their local Tea Parties?

http://taxdayteaparty.com/

Post imported post

I'm going to the one in Denver, sadly without my gun

"There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Post imported post

I was planning to go to the one here in COS if I'm in town at the time.... remains to be seen at this point.

Post imported post

It's extremely unlikely I'll be able to make it.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Post imported post

I'm going to try to make it. City Hall - around Noon -right. What is the exact location/venue?

Post imported post

SANDCREEK wrote:
    I'm going to try to make it. City Hall - around Noon -right. What is the exact location/venue?

Pioneers Museum

Post imported post

I'm pretty sure the Colorado Springs Tea Party has been changed to Acacia Park at 1200. And I'll be OC.

Post imported post

Hope you all made it. Have any report for how it went? I made going to work in Boulder, saw some tea party stuff going on. Not much, but some.

Post imported post

I went to the one in Denver. It was really good. There were way more people than I anticipated considering the last one consisted of only 300 people. I've heard different figures, but between 3500 and 5000 people were there.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Post imported post

I was there too I heard between 5000-6000 all I know is that there were a lot of people, and I stood mostly on the sidewalk at the main step area because i was packing and there were a lot of state police around the place, and I didn't want to take any chances of them seeing my weapons, it just seems to me that no matter how well they are concealed they can pick them out. So at least i'm not in jail, I was sweating a couple of times when the police got a little to close even though I have a ccw permit. Got to remember it is DENVER and it's time they change there there laws to open carry.

Post imported post

I attended the COS Tea Party in Acacia Park. I arrived at 11:00 AM and the folks were still streaming in when I left about 1:30 PM. A very good turn out. It's hard to estimate numbers - but compared to a 2A Rally I attendedin Austin in 1994 where the official estimate was at least 3,000........I'd put the number at 4,000 + several "Democrats with buyer's remorse".

The media estimate was "over 1,000" but that wasn't even close. No - I didn't OC. Didn't think it would be a very good idea. I did wear my "Homeland Security" T-shirt over the S & W. I met another "Homeland Security Volunteer"(right-wing extremist) If the Marxists can computate the total numbers across the nation - we got their attention.

Post imported post

Sandcreek..just curious why you didn't feel comfortable carrying openly....

My thought was that it's totally legal here in Colo. Springs so I did OC. I even had to locate a bathroom for my boys and walked up to five officers from CSPD to ask where I could find one. They were very polite and helpful and didn't seem to care about my OC status...although I'm sure they noticed.

Post imported post

Izod wrote:
    Sandcreek..just curious why you didn't feel comfortable carrying openly....

My thought was that it's totally legal here in Colo. Springs so I did OC. I even had to locate a bathroom for my boys and walked up to five officers from CSPD to ask where I could find one. They were very polite and helpful and didn't seem to care about my OC status...although I'm sure they noticed.
    A judgement call . My hat is off to you, Izod.