• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tea Party 2009

ecgoin

imported post

Hope you all made it. Have any report for how it went? I made going to work in Boulder, saw some tea party stuff going on. Not much, but some.

entartet17

imported post

I went to the one in Denver. It was really good. There were way more people than I anticipated considering the last one consisted of only 300 people. I've heard different figures, but between 3500 and 5000 people were there.

zig-zag

imported post

I was there too I heard between 5000-6000 all I know is that there were a lot of people, and I stood mostly on the sidewalk at the main step area because i was packing and there were a lot of state police around the place, and I didn't want to take any chances of them seeing my weapons, it just seems to me that no matter how well they are concealed they can pick them out. So at least i'm not in jail, I was sweating a couple of times when the police got a little to close even though I have a ccw permit. Got to remember it is DENVER and it's time they change there there laws to open carry.

SANDCREEK

imported post

I attended the COS Tea Party in Acacia Park. I arrived at 11:00 AM and the folks were still streaming in when I left about 1:30 PM. A very good turn out. It's hard to estimate numbers - but compared to a 2A Rally I attendedin Austin in 1994 where the official estimate was at least 3,000........I'd put the number at 4,000 + several "Democrats with buyer's remorse".

The media estimate was "over 1,000" but that wasn't even close. No - I didn't OC. Didn't think it would be a very good idea. I did wear my "Homeland Security" T-shirt over the S & W. I met another "Homeland Security Volunteer"(right-wing extremist) If the Marxists can computate the total numbers across the nation - we got their attention.

Izod

imported post

Sandcreek..just curious why you didn't feel comfortable carrying openly....

My thought was that it's totally legal here in Colo. Springs so I did OC. I even had to locate a bathroom for my boys and walked up to five officers from CSPD to ask where I could find one. They were very polite and helpful and didn't seem to care about my OC status...although I'm sure they noticed.

SANDCREEK

imported post

Izod wrote:
Sandcreek..just curious why you didn't feel comfortable carrying openly....

My thought was that it's totally legal here in Colo. Springs so I did OC. I even had to locate a bathroom for my boys and walked up to five officers from CSPD to ask where I could find one. They were very polite and helpful and didn't seem to care about my OC status...although I'm sure they noticed.
A judgement call . My hat is off to you, Izod.