Thread: Republican, Democrat or Other?

Post imported post

Post imported post

Great video, I wish all the kool-aid drinking morons would learn the consequences.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Oldie, but goody. . .

I watch it again now and then to remind myself. . . Sometimes I forget.

Post imported post

wow awesome video. the incorrect spectrum they showed in the video is the exact one they teach in schools:

communism------democracies------fascism

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Hmmpf, an "awesome video" with such a fundamental error as a 2-dimensional political model? Where does libertarianism fit, or conservatism? Is there no path from conservatism to libertarianism but through the left?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Hmmpf, an "awesome video" with such a fundamental error as a 2-dimensional political model? Where does libertarianism fit, or conservatism? Is there no path from conservatism to libertarianism but through the left?
    As a "small L" libertarian, I think the model was fairly accurate.

Libertarianism is the point where the government has no power beyond what is needed to protect the rights of the individual. In the video, I think they set this mark way to far up the scale... but they described it correctly.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

Libertarianism is originally "leftist". The Classical Liberal Bastiat sat on the left in the Estates-General.

However, rather than using this to align myself with the left, I use this as an example for why I believe self-alignment with duocratic partisanship to be fundamentally misguided, demonstrative of narrow understanding, and generally counter-productive as it is ultimately a tool used to manipulate those who would rather have their thinking done for them.

Why must I fall on some arbitrary "spectrum"? The philosophy behind classical liberalism and modern libertarianism is far more ancient than our present concept of a one-dimensional political spectrum from "left" to "right"..

I disagree equally with neoconservatives and neoliberals, although not with perfect overlap.

The two-dimensional model isn't much better, in my opinion. Although I suppose at least I actually could be classified on it.

Post imported post

State Researcher

Post imported post

oilfieldtrash11 wrote: Scored 100%/100%, which seems like a good score to me.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

oilfieldtrash11 wrote: that was pretty cool. scored just where i thought i would.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    actually thats a 1 demensional model in the video. it only goes left or right which is a common way of thinkingin our country if you arent red, your blue; ifyou arent blue your red with splinter in between.

the link http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html
    shown by oilfieldtrashis a 2d model because its on a graph with more choices going up, down, left or right.

not that i agree with either. when will we learn that labeling people never leads to good. politics is a parasite that has infiltrated our government. the political parties are what control our country when it has always supposed to have been the people.

where does it say in the constitution that the poltical parties shall choose the candidates for the people to choose from? sincethey're putting their own people forward it seems to me that this counrty is more of a republic infiltrated by olligarchies. We get the illusion of chosingour leader whenthe political parties put forward who they want to rule us and we dont seem to notice while they win no matter what. We need a leader to do good for his/her people, not for the good of the party.