• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing in walmart on overland tonight

headhunter09

imported post

So tonight i went to the overland walmart with my girlfriend and 3 kids to pick some things up. Well in the check out line i see these two wanna be gangstas behind me and one says to me " hey big dawg what kind of gun is that?" So i tell him it is a glock 17 9mm and he says " oh @#$% man thats cool " so then the other guy looks at me and says to me " 9 rounds in the CLIP" and at that piont i wanted to smack him for saying clip. I decided to correct him in a nice way by saying it holds 17 + 1 he then just nods at me. Sorry for the long post but i cant stand when people say CLIP when talking about a handgun, my gf even said something to me about him saying CLIP and she doesnt really like guns as much as me.

NightOwl

imported post

While it's not the correct term, it's the latest slang. Heck, in due course it'll probably even make it into the dictionary. Just be glad it's "clip" and not "binkernoodledonkie" or something even more absurd (is it possible to be more absurd than that?). Also, at least they recognized a "big dawg" when they saw one, right? :p

headhunter09

imported post

lol true i guess but i just like to be called jim lol and i dont think it could get worse then that. but also on a side note while at walmart noone ask me to leave or ask if i was a LEO so it was a good night of OCing.

NightOwl

imported post

Right on...the Walmarts around here are pretty much in line with how they should be. In general I don't care for the business, but they're certainly a role model to other businesses in how to handle open carry/firearms.

I've only been asked about oc of my firearm three timesin the Nampa area. Once at a gas station by some...let's just say a small group of guys who choose to wear exactly the same clothing as each other, once by a manager of a gas station, and a bit of friendly chat by the manager at Quizno's. Great guy at Quizno's by the way, didn't ask if I could/should/would, just what type and general chat along those lines while ringing me up fora sandwich. Gotta love that Idahoans get along so well and generally don't freak out "OMG GUN!":what:when they see OC. I originally moved here from CA, and I'll not be moving back. Not that I'll never move, just not back to CA...*shudder*.

headhunter09

imported post

Well it is good to hear of all the good OCing going on. Also what part of cali are you from? I used to live in simi valley and thousand oaks and surrounding areas. I do miss the good wheather and the beach but dont miss the people if you catch my drift lol.

NightOwl

imported post

I'm from the San Jose area, a good bit north from Simi. Lot better weather to, imo, and I do sure miss that weather.

I had some good friendsthere, but the older I get, the more I pay attention to what's going on with the government and laws, and man...it's just not right over there. To each their own, I suppose, and if it's a state of people who want to be run like that, more power to 'em, but I'm just grateful I can be elsewhere and not subject to that.

Conradm

imported post

So far I've OCed in every walmart in Boise, Cabela's, albertsons on vista and overland, Boise gun club, a couple of jacksons and all of those places have been fine. I've probably OCed in the overland walmart a handful of times. But then again, I don't have a CWP yet so I OC everywhere. :p

9Shooter

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
I'm from the San Jose area, a good bit north from Simi. Lot better weather to, imo, and I do sure miss that weather.

I had some good friendsthere, but the older I get, the more I pay attention to what's going on with the government and laws, and man...it's just not right over there. To each their own, I suppose, and if it's a state of people who want to be run like that, more power to 'em, but I'm just grateful I can be elsewhere and not subject to that.
Not to threadjack but I'm from the same area and share your opinion. Glad to be here in ID where one can exorcise their rights without a lot of uproar from the masses. I don't OC typically but I'm happy that we can!

headhunter09

imported post

Well i do agree that that state has gone down the drain as far as our rights but i am glad to not be living there anymore, i dont have to worry about what street i walk down or what colors i wear so it is nice to be here and not worry about those things.