• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Private party sales

Jarod44588

imported post

Just looking for Arizona based sites. Need to get a bigger caliber gun and i have no ideea of where to go to buy one, or to sell mine , ive tried Backpage.com, no good.
Any information would be greatly appreciated

Jarod44588

imported post

Thanks, but no matter how hard i loook i cant find the "for sale" section or anything similar? i dont know if im looking in the wrong sections or what.

Jarod44588

imported post

I registered and everything, but it says "You are not authorized to view this forum"
I dont get what else i need to do?

me812

imported post

Just looking for Arizona based sites. Need to get a bigger caliber gun and i have no ideea of where to go to buy one, or to sell mine , ive tried Backpage.com, no good.
Any information would be greatly appreciated

Try Topix. There's lots of gun ads there.

Anyway, what's wrong with Backpage? I was just there and there was tons of gun ads.

Jarod44588

imported post

Whats the topix site URl? tried googleing it, got nothing but junk.
As for backpage, i dont really know the guns i would like are too pricey, and the people whose guns ive inquired about dont seem to respond.

me812

imported post

Whats the topix site URl?

Topix sports equipment classifieds for Phoenix:

http://www.topix.com/search/classified?q=&section=forsale%3Asports&zip=85004&radius=50

Note that you can change the zip code. I used 85004, which is the ZIP for downtown Phoenix.

As for backpage, i dont really know the guns i would like are too pricey, and the people whose guns ive inquired about dont seem to respond.

That's odd, I've never had that problem before. The guns are a bit pricey, but I'm willing to pay a little extra to maintain my privacy.

Jarod44588

imported post

Yea see what im doing is trading my 9mm, i want a 40 or 45, and all the offers people ake want a cash addition anywhere from 100-300. but im just looking for a straight trade, since i have other things i need to spend my money on right now.

GWbiker

imported post

Do try a gun store where you might get around $250 in trade on a more e$pensive 40 or 45. Assuming that you have the box, two magazines, etc...etc.

Jarod44588

imported post

that is like wayy to low for me, this gun i just got for 450, with tax, no way im letting it go for 200 bucks less than what i paid like a month ago. Thats why i hate gun store trade ins, they offer practically nothing

Jarod44588

imported post

I have had offers for 2 sigmas, a custom sks with T6 stock, a glock, (the genius wanted 400$ cash+gun), a ruger p95 and a ruger p89. Anyone have advice on one thats a good trade? I just dont want to get stuck with a trade thats no good, but i dont know alot aobut the weapons offered.

GWbiker

imported post

Jarod44588 wrote:
that is like wayy to low for me, this gun i just got for 450, with tax, no way im letting it go for 200 bucks less than what i paid like a month ago. Thats why i hate gun store trade ins, they offer practically nothing
Whoa....much of the Taurus line is considered to be not top quality.

Two years ago in a private deal with a friend I purchased a Taurus 745PRO in .45ACP. (6+1) Box, IB, cleaning kit, holster, some ammo and two magazines for $300. IMO, that's all the gun was worth.

After filing down the front sight and using 185 gr .45acp CorBon, I could hit a target at POA within 21 feet. I use it as a OC or CC piece.

Now, to your problem. If you had come here before overpaying for the Taurus, I could have turned you on to a Rock Island Armory 1911 in .45ACP for less than you paid for the Taurus. The RIA 1911 is a Colt 1911 clone that is very reliable, accurate and a lot less expensive. I own two that are not for sale.

*IF* I were in your shoes, I would keep the PT111PRO, break it in, clean and lube the frame rails with a light coating of grease. Keep the magazines clean, too.

One plus.....9mm ammo is a lot cheaper than .40S&W of .45ACP.

Sometimes you kids just have to listen to us old farts!!:cool:

GWbiker

imported post

Check out the Colt detective special clone, under revolvers.........clicky-click.....

http://www.armscor.net/

Armscor USA is in Nevada. One of their senior techies hangs out (or used to) on the 1911 web site.