• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what you carry?

headhunter09

imported post

I was wondering if we could get a thread about the things we carry on a day to day basis? I guess i could start and show you what i carry every day.

NightOwl

imported post

Hmm. Taurus pt-99 (9mm), pack of cigarettes (soon to be replaced with a nicotine patch, this new tax is breakin my balls), lighter, keys, cc and dl pretty well covers the always-haves. Though the 9mm is going to be taking a time-out while I'm trying to quit this weekend, and probably for a little while after. I've done it before, and I tell ya, I wouldn't want to put anybody in harms way like I know I would be doing if I carried while quitting smoking. Shakes, sweats, temper, can't stay focused on things very well...even if it was a 100% good-shoot situation, I'd be lucky to hit the target...or within five feet of the target. It'll be odd not having it on me, but...it's in everybodies best interest that I disarm for this, lol.

Vandal

imported post

I roll hard (sorry, I had to in the spirit of the most recent wally world thread) normally with my SA XD45 but my Kimber Stainless II is on it's way to becoming my favorite carry piece along with a spare Wilson Mag. I also have a Benchmade Griptillian, Cold Steel punch dagger and my uber-tacticool black Pilot G2 combat writing device :dude:

When I am on campus at U of Idaho they don't let us pack, even though the state and feds used to trust me with guns. So, I carry my two knives and cell phone. I guess that is better than nothing.

Conradm

imported post

IMG_35641024x768.jpg

Holster is a nylon uncle mikes. Not pictured because I didn't feel like taking it off of my belt.:p Probably going to order a Black Hawk serpa pretty soon.

G

imported post

Good luck NightOwl..:shock: It was truly the hardest thing I ever did... and you need a lot longer than just a weekend... 2.5 years later, I still get cravings. (dont get discouraged, though, It was also the second greatest thing I ever did for myself, too.)

AFA what I carry, 2 pens, cell phone, (I cant carry at work) a tiny lil 3" lock-back knife, then the wallet containing: debit cards,CDL, CWL, health card, and $2 cash..:( (I used to have money)

On the weekend, I get to add my Beretta PX4 subcompact (9mm) in a G&G pancake holster.

Hope to have a Pic up soon.

headhunter09

imported post

So i have updated my carry list because i got the taurus pt 1911 wit the punisher grips so this is the new pic of what i carry every day

Conradm

imported post

headhunter09 wrote:
So i have updated my carry list because i got the taurus pt 1911 wit the punisher grips so this is the new pic of what i carry every day
You open carry a 1911 with punisher grips? :lol: Thats awesome!