• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Humorous Column

JB

imported post

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=31406

I got a kick out of this, thought I'd pass it along.

"The demand for more gun control in response to any crime involving a gun is exactly like Obama's response to North Korea's openly belligerent act of launching a long-range missile this week: Obama leapt to action by calling for worldwide nuclear disarmament. "

hellfogg

imported post

I read it also. I don't agree with everything that Coulter says, but when it comes to the issue on gun-control, she's awesome!

TFred

imported post

I just saw this column.... wow, there are some great "sound bites" in there. No wonder liberals really hate Ann Coulter!

TFred

It's something in liberals' DNA: They think they can pass a law eliminating guns and nuclear weapons, but teenagers having sex is completely beyond our control.
If the SAT test were used to determine how stupid a liberal is, one question would be: "The best defense against lawless rogues who possess _______ is for law-abiding individuals to surrender their own _______________."

Correct answer: Guns. We would also have accepted nuclear weapons.
"The shooter will eventually run out of ammo" strategy may not be the best one for stopping deranged multiple murderers.
Instead of having Planned Parenthood distribute condoms in schools, they ought get the NRA to pass out revolvers. It would save more lives.

smash29

imported post

Gun-toting Americans are clearly more self-sufficient than the sissy Europeans. This is great news for everyone except Barney Frank, who's always secretly wondered what it would be like to be taken by a Somali pirate.
I know it's not PC to laugh at this but what can you expect from a right wing extremist like me...