Thread: Gunsmith in Richmond

Post imported post

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Richmond area? I have used Bob's before with success, but he had a wait time of over a month.

Post imported post

Dales guns is here in Powhatan. He's a gunsmith that goes to all the shows. I don't have any other info but his website is WWW/Dalesguns.com

Post imported post

do NOT go to ashland firearms service. Don't get me wrong, the guy does pretty good work, but if he tells you it'll be done in 3-4 weeks, you can expect to have to hassle him for 3-4 months to actually get it done.

Post imported post

vt357 wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Richmond area? I have used Bob's before with success, but he had a wait time of over a month.
    Chris give charlie or jarrett a call at wehunt&sodan 804-267-0943 or 804-403 3097 they both work at degoffs and have their own gunsmithing business located in powhatan.

joe

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

builtjeep wrote:
    do NOT go to ashland firearms service. Don't get me wrong, the guy does pretty good work, but if he tells you it'll be done in 3-4 weeks, you can expect to have to hassle him for 3-4 months to actually get it done.
    Probably the best smith is KC Young. But...I don't think he works on them anymore. If you want a good show, ask KC what he thinks of Ashland Firearms Service and stand back

Post imported post

Craig is the young smith/armorer at Dominion. While I have not thrown him any really difficult problems, he has done very good with the things I have sent his way.

Check him out.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

also try al smith 804 556 4297 located in Goochlandhe did an excellent job on my colt officers model.

Post imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
    also try al smith 804 556 4297 located in Goochlandhe did an excellent job on my colt officers model.
    Is that the guy who lives on Fairgrounds? If so, my gunsmith has had to fix his work...:?

Barry Twigg 405-7934, also a dealer. : )

Great guy, does private classes and lessons too. : )

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

rchjr wrote:
    Dales guns is here in Powhatan. He's a gunsmith that goes to all the shows. I don't have any other info but his website is WWW/Dalesguns.com
    Was less than pleased with his work on my 1100.

ata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
    67GT390FB wrote:
    Is that the guy who lives on Fairgrounds? If so, my gunsmith has had to fix his work...:?

yes al smith is on fairgrounds. I've only used him the one time but he was quick and he fixed what Colt never manufactured correctly. And the gun has functioned flawlessly since he fixed it. So I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with his work.

Post imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
    ClumsyCandy wrote:
    67GT390FB wrote:

yes al smith is on fairgrounds. I've only used him the one time but he was quick and he fixed what Colt never manufactured correctly. And the gun has functioned flawlessly since he fixed it. So I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with his work.

It was not my gun, just what I was told by my gunsmith. Everyone has different experiences, it's all about finding a good fit : ).

Post imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:

It was not my gun, just what I was told by my gunsmith. Everyone has different experiences, it's all about finding a good fit : ).
    you are correct.

Post imported post

Not Richmond but:
    http://clementscustomguns.com/

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin