• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunsmith in Richmond

vt357

imported post

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Richmond area? I have used Bob's before with success, but he had a wait time of over a month.

rchjr

imported post

Dales guns is here in Powhatan. He's a gunsmith that goes to all the shows. I don't have any other info but his website is WWW/Dalesguns.com

builtjeep

imported post

do NOT go to ashland firearms service. Don't get me wrong, the guy does pretty good work, but if he tells you it'll be done in 3-4 weeks, you can expect to have to hassle him for 3-4 months to actually get it done.

67GT390FB

imported post

vt357 wrote:
Can anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Richmond area? I have used Bob's before with success, but he had a wait time of over a month.

Chris give charlie or jarrett a call at wehunt&sodan 804-267-0943 or 804-403 3097 they both work at degoffs and have their own gunsmithing business located in powhatan.

joe

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

builtjeep wrote:
do NOT go to ashland firearms service. Don't get me wrong, the guy does pretty good work, but if he tells you it'll be done in 3-4 weeks, you can expect to have to hassle him for 3-4 months to actually get it done.

Probably the best smith is KC Young. But...I don't think he works on them anymore. If you want a good show, ask KC what he thinks of Ashland Firearms Service and stand back:lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Craig is the young smith/armorer at Dominion. While I have not thrown him any really difficult problems, he has done very good with the things I have sent his way.

Check him out.

stay safe.

skidmark

ClumsyCandy

imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
also try al smith 804 556 4297 located in Goochlandhe did an excellent job on my colt officers model.
Is that the guy who lives on Fairgrounds? If so, my gunsmith has had to fix his work...:?

Barry Twigg 405-7934, also a dealer. : )

Great guy, does private classes and lessons too. : )

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

rchjr wrote:
Dales guns is here in Powhatan. He's a gunsmith that goes to all the shows. I don't have any other info but his website is WWW/Dalesguns.com
Was less than pleased with his work on my 1100.

ata hey

67GT390FB

imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
67GT390FB wrote:
also try al smith 804 556 4297 located in Goochlandhe did an excellent job on my colt officers model.
Is that the guy who lives on Fairgrounds? If so, my gunsmith has had to fix his work...:?

yes al smith is on fairgrounds. I've only used him the one time but he was quick and he fixed what Colt never manufactured correctly. And the gun has functioned flawlessly since he fixed it. So I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with his work.

ClumsyCandy

imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
67GT390FB wrote:

yes al smith is on fairgrounds. I've only used him the one time but he was quick and he fixed what Colt never manufactured correctly. And the gun has functioned flawlessly since he fixed it. So I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with his work.

It was not my gun, just what I was told by my gunsmith. Everyone has different experiences, it's all about finding a good fit : ).