• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We need a plan NOW

spy1

imported post

Okay, how about this then?

If an A.W.B or legislation like H.R. 45 do hit the floor of the Senate - instead of going to D.C, how about if all of us go directly to our State Capitol for a spontaneous protest?

Park your cars nicely where they belong, carpool as much as possible and have your "NO MORE GUN LAWS - PERIOD!" signs made up ahead of time.

Advantages -

Shorter response time for everyone (not as far to drive)

Harder to control or harass us if we're in 50 different locations rather than one

More probable coverage (and harder to block/censor coverage) if we're in that many different locations at once.

I really need input on this. Pete

http://www.alarmandmuster.com/Home.html

spy1

imported post

I guess I should have said: " I need serious input on this."

Look - so far, we haven't had the balls to march on the street about this.

I'm trying to find out if people will do a march on their State Capitol(s) if either of these bills suddenly comes to life.

Is it clear now? Pete

ufcfanvt

imported post

The Second Amendment March proposes to do exactly what you're saying as well as a march on Washington.
http://secondamendmentmarch.com/
I'm in!
My idea still stands. The NRA can probably get enough votes to kill anything like another AWB. We just have to make sure they know it's important enough to us and we don't "just care about hunting..."
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=22329&forum_id=4&jump_to=372940#p372940

Many here poo poo'ed the idea without offering their own solutions. Your ideas will be subject to the same treatment.
Grow Up. Get together. Man the battlements!

PS: DKSuddeth, it takes far too long to get to the meat of what you want to do. An abstract and/or Rallying Cry would help...

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
The Second Amendment March proposes to do exactly what you're saying as well as a march on Washington.
http://secondamendmentmarch.com/
I'm in!
My idea still stands. The NRA can probably get enough votes to kill anything like another AWB. We just have to make sure they know it's important enough to us and we don't "just care about hunting..."
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=22329&forum_id=4&jump_to=372940#p372940

Many here poo poo'ed the idea without offering their own solutions. Your ideas will be subject to the same treatment.
Grow Up. Get together. Man the battlements!

PS: DKSuddeth, it takes far too long to get to the meat of what you want to do. An abstract and/or Rallying Cry would help...
I'm all for marching, protesting, letter writing and phone calls, but my plan stands. I will not even attempt to register any of my weapons.

Decoligny

imported post

spy1 wrote:
Okay, how about this then?

If an A.W.B or legislation like H.R. 45 do hit the floor of the Senate - instead of going to D.C, how about if all of us go directly to our State Capitol for a spontaneous protest?

Park your cars nicely where they belong, carpool as much as possible and have your "NO MORE GUN LAWS - PERIOD!" signs made up ahead of time.

Advantages -

Shorter response time for everyone (not as far to drive)

Harder to control or harass us if we're in 50 different locations rather than one

More probable coverage (and harder to block/censor coverage) if we're in that many different locations at once.

I really need input on this. Pete

http://www.alarmandmuster.com/Home.html
How the hell do you plan a "spontaneous" protest?

spy1

imported post

The idea here is to prevent either of those two bills (or ones like them) from ever becoming law in the FIRST place.

That's why we've got to assemble - instantly at the individual State capitols' should either of those bills ever actually come to the floor of the Senate or House for a vote. We're NOT going to have TIME to find individual Senators offices, or their HOMES, for God's sake - but EVERYONE can easily find their State capital building.

In the end, the only thing that COULD prevent passage is a massive, determined presence right in the face of State government.

Not only will it convince them of our dedication to seeing such bills defeated - it will give a lot of them the EXCUSE they need to vote against it.

Please think this through, okay? Pete

spy1

imported post

It will if enough of us go to our State capitols if either of those two bills hit the floor of the Senate/House with placards reading "NO MORE GUN LAWS - PERIOD!" or "Punish the CRIMINAL - not the GUN!" - or how about " I'M NOT TAKING THIS CRAP ANYMORE! "

I think a lot of people are either purposely ignoring or simply overlooking the impact that news reports of all these simultaneous protests in all capitols would have on the legislators in Washington.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, remember? Pete

Overtaxed

imported post

spy1 wrote:
The nail that doesn't stick out has already been "hammered down". Pete

(*Darn that's deep - did I say that? )

My take always was: "The squeaky oil get the wheel"

YllwFvr

imported post

spy1 wrote:

I get a mental picture of a grinning Barack playing an evil game of "whack-a-mole"

Tomahawk

imported post

YllwFvr wrote:
spy1 wrote:

I get a mental picture of a grinning Barack playing an evil game of "whack-a-mole"

Isn't that the game Bush played to catch bad guys in Afghanistan?

Maybe there'll have another pointless tea party thingie. That'll show 'em!:uhoh:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
SNIP Maybe there'll have another pointless tea party thingie. That'll show 'em!:uhoh:
Oh, I don't know if it was meaningless.

When was the lasttime people got out and protested like that?

I'm thinking there is some runway between complacency and torches-and-pitchforks.

Remember, just getting people out for any form of protest is saying something.

I thinkwe're just warming up.

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
SNIP Maybe there'll have another pointless tea party thingie. That'll show 'em!:uhoh:
Oh, I don't know if it was meaningless.

When was the lasttime people got out and protested like that?

I'm thinking there is some runway between complacency and torches-and-pitchforks.

Remember, just getting people out for any form of protest is saying something.

I thinkwe're just warming up.

I agree, but there has to be a consistent message, kept to a narrow focus. Going out to protest and then deciding what to protest after you get there is kind of pointless. People yelling to get rid of the Fed and fiat currency while another bunch wants a "fair tax" (isn't that like a gentle rape?) makes no sense.

And for liberty's sake, keep out the Republican party types and the neocons. They are worse than worthless.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
And for liberty's sake, keep out the Republican party types and the neocons. They are worse than worthless.
A nice portmanteau 'worseless'.

But you are absolutely correct about GOP and neocons, they are worseless.

... Doug Huffman ...

What party do you suggest that will win the POTUS back from the aggressive progressive liberal transnationalist left wing gun-grabbers ? Losing again is a little more than worthless . As a centrist unaffiliated voter I am curious to know your winning plan for the 2010 elections .

Tomahawk

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
A nice portmanteau 'worseless'.

But you are absolutely correct about GOP and neocons, they are worseless.

... Doug Huffman ...

What party do you suggest that will win the POTUS back from the aggressive progressive liberal transnationalist left wing gun-grabbers ? Losing again is a little more than worthless . As a centrist unaffiliated voter I am curious to know your winning plan for the 2010 elections .

It doesn't matter. POTUS-Left and POTUS-Right have proven to be equally repugnant to liberty. The latter builds the FEMA camps and signs the PATRIOT Act and forms the HSD; the former usesthem against you.