• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We need a plan NOW

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
SNIP I agree, but there has to be a consistent message, kept to a narrow focus. Going out to protest and then deciding what to protest after you get there is kind of pointless. People yelling to get rid of the Fed and fiat currency while another bunch wants a "fair tax" (isn't that like a gentle rape?) makes no sense.

And for liberty's sake, keep out the Republican party types and the neocons. They are worse than worthless.
Agreed on the Republicrats and neocons (read "statists").

I wonder if it is really necessary to keep a narrow focus. Especially when there is so much wrong. I'm not saying it isn't necessary. I'm just wondering.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
R a Z o R wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
And for liberty's sake, keep out the Republican party types and the neocons. They are worse than worthless.
A nice portmanteau 'worseless'.

But you are absolutely correct about GOP and neocons, they are worseless.

... Doug Huffman ...

What party do you suggest that will win the POTUS back from the aggressive progressive liberal transnationalist left wing gun-grabbers ? Losing again is a little more than worthless . As a centrist unaffiliated voter I am curious to know your winning plan for the 2010 elections .

It doesn't matter. POTUS-Left and POTUS-Right have proven to be equally repugnant to liberty. The latter builds the FEMA camps and signs the PATRIOT Act and forms the HSD; the former usesthem against you.

... Tomahawk ...

It matters to me . Which one do you find more preferable because it is one or the other ? My vote or lack of voting helps the greater evil .

Ignorance , apathy , and bigotry are the I don't know , I don't care , and it someone else's fault reasoning that will lead us to failure .

Look what Ross Perot got me !

Tomahawk

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
It doesn't matter. POTUS-Left and POTUS-Right have proven to be equally repugnant to liberty. The latter builds the FEMA camps and signs the PATRIOT Act and forms the HSD; the former usesthem against you.

... Tomahawk ...

It matters to me . Which one do you find more preferable because it is one or the other ? My vote or lack of voting helps the greater evil .

Ignorance , apathy , and bigotry are the I don't know , I don't care , and it someone else's fault reasoning that will lead us to failure .

Look what Ross Perot got me !

Whole threads have gone on for pages and pages over the "lesser of two evils" argument and its weaknesses or strengths.

The fallacy is thinking that participating in a election in which you have but two bad choices will give you a good result.

Accept the fact that no matter what you do a jerk is going to win. Then either stay home or vote for the third party of your choice and sleep well with your decision.

Meanwhile, get politically active and find other ways to make the changes you want. Grassroots activism has been very effective at the state and local levels, and as a result a local election can make a difference in many cases. But the federal election for office of president is thus far beyond this treatment and it will be a while before that changes, if ever.

Always remember that simply voting is not enough to make a difference. If it was it'd be illegal.

ETA: Let me add that the Tea Party thing could be effective if it finds a common issue to unite people,and relentlessly hammers home its message.Unfortunatelythe neocons and Rep. party types have seized the opportunity to run to the front of the crowd and act like they represent it. All they want to do is get republicans elected; they have no principles to speak of, none that are compatible with restoring liberty.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
SNIP It matters to me . Which one do you find more preferable because it is one or the other ? My vote or lack of voting helps the greater evil .

Why would anyone vote to strengthen the shackles to bind him?

What about conscience and integrity?

I cannot in good conscience sic the dogs of either major party onmy fellows. I'd rather not vote or vote third party.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Bush 1 put NAFTA on the 5 yard line . And I voted for Ross Perot .

Look what that got us !

Bill Clinton made a touch down with NAFTA .

Look what that got us !

We need a plan and a sharp focus now .

Tomahawk

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Bush 1 put NAFTA on the 5 yard line . And I voted for Ross Perot .

Look what that got us !

Bill Clinton made a touch down with NAFTA .

Look what that got us !

We need a plan and a sharp focus now .
So your plan is...to vote Republican? Or am I missing something?