• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just received and Installed my Crimson Trace Laser Grips

Snake Eater

imported post

Here are the pics sorry I was very excited and wanted to get them on my Pistol I did not take quality pics.

I checked to make sure these were the right ones and yes they are.

DSCF1185.jpg

Nice looking box

DSCF1186.jpg

Nice looking pistol

DSCF1187.jpg

The grips come wrapped in their own cloth

DSCF1188.jpg

They also have a nice ziplock bag to keep small parts in

DSCF1189.jpg

Inventory time Grips, two Batteries CR2032, two Allen wrenches, two swabs, one armorers tool, one clip to retain grips and one pin. Oh yeah safety stickers to place on your pistol.

DSCF1190.jpg

Next two pics are battery installation.

DSCF1191.jpg

DSCF1192.jpg

This little clip is a beast to get in. it has to set on top of the beavertail so the grips don't slip off.

DSCF1193.jpg

Here is the pain in the butt pin. the holes were either not drilled properly or there was debris in the holes. once cleared the pin took some coaxing but finally went in.

DSCF1194.jpg

Done!!!

DSCF1196.jpg

My Serpa had to be modified to accept the laser grips about 1" had to be removed.

DSCF1197.jpg

My serpa after mod

DSCF1198.jpg

What do you think. They do not add much to the grip and to me make it grip easier.

Range test will have to wait all I have right now is carry ammo I amlooking for some 45acp ammo to shoot with now. Range report to follow when ammo is found Thanks.

NightOwl

imported post

Pretty interesting. Surprising that they make them for the Taurus Judge, which could arguably be the last Taurus to make them for, and not the other Taurus models. Well, maybe next year.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes at the range.

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

Just got mine for my Sig P229 357sig. Like you though, installed but haven't made it to the range yet. Funny thing....I Didn't have to modify my Blackhawk Serpa, looks to me like the holster was molded with them installed. I'll post a few picshere tonight.

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

Here ya go folks!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

I guess when they made this holster they thought ahead about the Crimson Trace sights!!! Yay for me.