• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GFL no background check protocal

jerg_064

imported post

Just a question on the protocal or w/e you like to call it.

So you don't have to get a NICS check when you buy a firearm if you hold a valid GFL. So what is done.

Do you still fill out the 4473?

Are the local police notified at all?

The FBI definitely is not notified correct?

Do they take a copy of your GFL and/or DL, or what?

thanks for the info

rmodel65

imported post

they write your GFL number down you fill out the form, pay the money walk out with gun:celebrate

exgabrit

imported post

Once you have your GFL (and thus background checked), while the GFL is valid, you are assumed to be 'background checked' for the duration of the license. Therefore no further checks are done.

jerg_064

imported post

exgabrit wrote:
Once you have your GFL (and thus background checked), while the GFL is valid, you are assumed to be 'background checked' for the duration of the license. Therefore no further checks are done.

Those facts were already given within the question.

Perhaps I asked the question in the wrong manner.

Does anyone outside of the dealership recievethetransaction information?

Not including the BATFE who can look at the records whenever they please.

I'm sure the answer is NO. right?

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

The correct answer is no, but nobody receives the transaction information even if you do not have a license and they run the instant background check.

jerg_064

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
The correct answer is no, but nobody receives the transaction information even if you do not have a license and they run the instant background check.

Good Info, I learn something new everday, almost. Don't know where the heck i ever got the idea that LE got weapon information for the background check.