Thread: Why is the south end getting out of control?

Post imported post

http://www.komonews.com/news/42724137.html
    FEDERAL WAY, Wash. -- The search is on for the men who attacked a disabled man, leaving him with numerous broken bones and a jaw that has been wired shut.

Surveillance cameras captured the beating of the 32-year-old man at the Federal Way Transit Center a little after 11 p.m. on Monday.

Post imported post

Bastards

Post imported post

Unbelievable . . . some people are such a$$holes . . . .

Post imported post

It's Federal Way. I always OC there. Never have had a problem. Too bad his friend wasn't carrying and could have shot those f'ing pukes.

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    It's Federal Way.* I always OC there.* Never have had a problem.* Too bad his friend wasn't carrying and could have shot those f'ing pukes.
    I'm not big on the idea of getting involved in other people's business, but in a case like this... These guys are lucky there weren't any honest, armed citizens nearby.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    I'm not big on the idea of getting involved in other people's business, but in a case like this... These guys are lucky there weren't any honest, armed citizens nearby.
    Very lucky. Hard not to get involved when you do see something like that going on.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Must we wait until the blows fall to 'see' what is coming? Go armed, be safe.

Post imported post

I, Spy wrote:
    marshaul wrote:
    Very lucky. Hard not to get involved when you do see something like that going on.
    Indeed. If I saw some disabled kid getting beaten by 5 punks, and I was able to stop the attack, I would do something about it. To do otherwise, I feel, would be the most heinous form of apathy, and I would deserve to feel like I was a man with no honor.

I would hope the sight of my drawn .45 would be enough for them to run, but if not, I would have no qualms about doing what was necessary.

I guarantee that KOMO wouldn't have a story ran about that little scenario.......*insert puke icon here*

Post imported post

I'll bring it up. Can we consider this a hate crime? Whether it's because he's white or because he's disabled?
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
    I'll bring it up. Can we consider this a hate crime? Whether it's because he's white or because he's disabled?
    Neither....it's only a hate crime if the victim is black, remember? White people are NEVER the victims of racism, that's just a myth. (Still need a 'puke' icon...)

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    gsx1138 wrote:
    Neither....it's only a hate crime if the victim is black, remember? White people are NEVER the victims of racism, that's just a myth. (Still need a 'puke' icon...)
    Not true. Caucasian homosexuals are the victims of hate crimes more than even the media portrays. It's only when it's a severe beating or death that we hear about it.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

Also people are beating up homeless in Seattle.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor....bd797693.html

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    gsx1138 wrote:
    Not true. Caucasian homosexuals are the victims of hate crimes more than even the media portrays. It's only when it's a severe beating or death that we hear about it.
    That was the point (well, not the homosexuals part, but it happens pretty often too would be my guess).....guess my sarcasm wasn't obvious. :quirky

Post imported post

Sorry comp, sounded like you were saying "white people can't be victims of racism because racism is only when white people hate on other races, not the other way around" which, I admit, some people believe to be true.

And yes, I agree that such a belief is racist in it's own right.

I would suggest using the phrase "< /sarcasm>" at the end of sarcasm to make it clear, unless you are sure it's clear you're being sarcastic. Admittedly, only people that know BBCode and HTML would get it, but most of us are familiar with BBCode just from being on these forums.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA