• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why is the south end getting out of control?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
It's Federal Way.  I always OC there.  Never have had a problem.  Too bad his friend wasn't carrying and could have shot those f'ing pukes.
I'm not big on the idea of getting involved in other people's business, but in a case like this... These guys are lucky there weren't any honest, armed citizens nearby.

I Spy

imported post

marshaul wrote:
I'm not big on the idea of getting involved in other people's business, but in a case like this... These guys are lucky there weren't any honest, armed citizens nearby.
Very lucky. Hard not to get involved when you do see something like that going on.

compmanio365

imported post

I, Spy wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Very lucky. Hard not to get involved when you do see something like that going on.
Indeed. If I saw some disabled kid getting beaten by 5 punks, and I was able to stop the attack, I would do something about it. To do otherwise, I feel, would be the most heinous form of apathy, and I would deserve to feel like I was a man with no honor.

I would hope the sight of my drawn .45 would be enough for them to run, but if not, I would have no qualms about doing what was necessary.

I guarantee that KOMO wouldn't have a story ran about that little scenario.......*insert puke icon here*

compmanio365

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
I'll bring it up. Can we consider this a hate crime? Whether it's because he's white or because he's disabled?
Neither....it's only a hate crime if the victim is black, remember? White people are NEVER the victims of racism, that's just a myth. (Still need a 'puke' icon...)

just_a_car

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:
I'll bring it up. Can we consider this a hate crime? Whether it's because he's white or because he's disabled?
Neither....it's only a hate crime if the victim is black, remember? White people are NEVER the victims of racism, that's just a myth. (Still need a 'puke' icon...)
Not true. Caucasian homosexuals are the victims of hate crimes more than even the media portrays. It's only when it's a severe beating or death that we hear about it.

compmanio365

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:
Not true. Caucasian homosexuals are the victims of hate crimes more than even the media portrays. It's only when it's a severe beating or death that we hear about it.
That was the point (well, not the homosexuals part, but it happens pretty often too would be my guess).....guess my sarcasm wasn't obvious. :quirky

just_a_car

imported post

Sorry comp, sounded like you were saying "white people can't be victims of racism because racism is only when white people hate on other races, not the other way around" which, I admit, some people believe to be true.

And yes, I agree that such a belief is racist in it's own right.

I would suggest using the phrase "< /sarcasm>" at the end of sarcasm to make it clear, unless you are sure it's clear you're being sarcastic. Admittedly, only people that know BBCode and HTML would get it, but most of us are familiar with BBCode just from being on these forums.