• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open season on criminals-Mason County, says State Sen.

Nosrac

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
I know where I want to move....:monkey

Yeah, no criminal tag or punch card required..he says it's unlimited. :)

I think it's great to get the idea across but on the TV clip I saw I think the Senator could have worded it a little better. I'm sure they cut and paste what they want for the story so it may have been out of context.

MadHatter66

imported post

Looks like some of the comments are from the anti's...but then again KOMO is a Seattle station, so would you expect any less?

Looks like it time to drive 30min south, go bag some criminals! Hunting party anyone?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sempercarry wrote:
I don't like carp either....or did you mean crap?:p

:)

Carp.

But, we've got that member in Maryland who is a taxidermist. Maybe she can tell us what a pelt would be worth. :)

Nosrac

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
"You might expect a lead enema. I'm telling you, people in Mason County are fed up with crime. They know how to protect themselves," Sheldon said.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19142861/detail.html#-

Unfortunately, the anti's are confusing "self defense" and "vigilante" which is why I thought he could have made his point better.Self defense should have been the common theme and pounded into each sentance with the point that he isn't promoting vigilantism. Of course, to get the sensationalism thereporters inflame thewrong message.

Ganghater

imported post

Nosrac wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
"You might expect a lead enema. I'm telling you, people in Mason County are fed up with crime. They know how to protect themselves," Sheldon said.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19142861/detail.html#-

Unfortunately, the anti's are confusing "self defense" and "vigilante" which is why I thought he could have made his point better.Self defense should have been the common theme and pounded into each sentance with the point that he isn't promoting vigilantism. Of course, to get the sensationalism thereporters inflame thewrong message.
First, let me apologize - I USED TO BE AN ANTI !!!!! I'm soooooooo sorry. Research and search for truth led me to carrying with peace of mind and pride. As a former anti I know they stop listening before you start speaking, if they do try to listen emotion overrides logic - yeah, I'm an engineer and gave in to emotion!!! Thanks for providing accurate information. Let's win over some more emotionally charged illiterates. And, I'm very LIBERAL (usually...)

scarlett1125

imported post

Has anyone considered writing to the networks that are cutting this story up the way they want to run it? Truthfully, the only way to get honest reporting is to demand it. I'm tired of watching the news and knowing that I'm not getting the whole story--and that goes for the vast majority of the news outlets.

Here's how I see it. If a small group of Christians was able to overrun the FCC so badly that Howard Stern had to leave, then we should be able to do the same to our local news outlets, at the very least.

Anyone up for sending some emails? I'd even write them, using the kinds of research that you guys find on here.

Scarlett

FunkTrooper

imported post

Anytime a politician advocates people taking responsibility for themselves they are reprimanded. I'm sure you all remember when you would go to a restaurant and ask for the non-smoking section people didn't like having the choice so they made the government ban smoking in private businesses; Its the same thing here.

DEROS72

imported post

This ties in nicely with the rally we had in Seatac a couple of weeks ago covered by KING and KIRO.