Thread: Tea Party

Post imported post

http://www.teapartyday.com/

It's on April 15 and there are a few in WA. I was thinking of going to one in the Puget Sound area and would love to attend with other OCers.

Post imported post

There is one two blocks from my home in Seattle, but I haven't been able to talk to the organizer. I'd like to know what the organizer's tax issues are before attending. I've only one solid right-minded neighbor that I am aware of.

Post imported post

First, A quick "howdy" from Mason County Washington. I'm impressed by the seemingly strong local contingent here. Cool!!! It's nice to meet you all.

Secondly, I'll be attending the "tea party" in Olympia on the steps of our State Capital. I have never been an active protester of anything but find myself needing to be one of the many voices for this event in particular. I normally carry concealed wherever I am permitted to do so and haven't seen anything prohibiting me from carrying on campus but I'm curious if anyone knows anything different. Is there anything that bans concealed or open carry on the grounds of the State Capital? I'd like to hear about it.

I've read RCW 9.41.300 about a 1/2 dozen times now. I figure by around the 12 or 13 I'll begin to understand it.

Post imported post

Welcome Chas. As most of us started, we all had to read, re-read and keep reading the laws to know them as well as we do.

Also, it really helps a lot to get together with fellow OC'ers to discuss laws, experiences and methods of carry. We used to do a monthly meet for dinner or lunch, but it's gotten a little hectic recently. I'm hoping that now that the weather's improving we'll be doing that a little more often.

Edit: Sorry, I replied without reading the latter part of your post with the questions...

There are rules and regulations in the Code of Conduct and Student Code of Conduct of every institution of higher education and there are only two that I know of where you're "okay" or have a loophole to carry on campus, those are the U of W and South Puget Sound CC. SPSCC copies state law in their code and the UW says that possession of firearms is considered misconduct, but then goes on to say that nothing in that section is to be construed to deny a student their legally and/or constitutionally protected rights: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/WAC/default.a...te=478-120-020 (see subsections (3)(f) and (6)).

Second, there's nothing barring you from carrying at the State Capitol Building as long as you are following state law in RCW 9.41, as mentioned in WAC 236-12-470 at the end of subsection (1).
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Thank you very much. I feel a lot better.
    For the sake of due diligence I contacted the State AG's office for clarification. I doubt I'll get a response before sometime next week. It never hurts to verify!
    Thank you again for the quick response.

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    Second, there's nothing barring you from carrying at the State Capitol Building as long as you are following state law in RCW 9.41, as mentioned in WAC 236-12-470 at the end of subsection (1).
    Even us 'old timers' find new things to learn every once in a while.

This is the first I've seen of this WAC and I'll admit to being a tad confused by the language.

As I read it, the first thing that jumps out is a blanket ban on '..firearms...' anywhere on the capital grounds. But then at the end it states:

Provided, That a person may carry a firearm in accordance with chapter 9.41 RCW.
    So it seems that so long as you are in compliance with EVERY PART of 9.41 you are good to go even INSIDE the building, correct?

Post imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:

This is the first I've seen of this WAC and I'll admit to being a tad confused by the language.

As I read it, the first thing that jumps out is a blanket ban on '..firearms...' anywhere on the capital grounds. But then at the end it states:

Provided, That a person may carry a firearm in accordance with chapter 9.41 RCW.
    So it seems that so long as you are in compliance with EVERY PART of 9.41 you are good to go even INSIDE the building, correct?
    Correct. I have legally CC'd to the capitol building to testify twice in front of House committees. Would I suggest OC in such cases? Not really, but that's an individual choice and one that should be thought about carefully as to whether it more hurts or helps the carry cause and the OC cause.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:

EXACTLY!

As if it is designed to read "DON'T DO IT..........but it's not illegal"

Post imported post

chas wrote:
    EXACTLY!

As if it is designed to read "DON'T DO IT..........but it's not illegal"
    Don't worry... it won't be the first time you see something like this in WA State RCW and/or WAC. ;-)
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I have no problem OC at a tea party.I have no car so if anyone is going I would love to go.It is time we started taking back the Constitution of the United States and stop apologizing for being American.We answer to no one but each other ,the Constitution,Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights.I will anwer to no foriegn entity or to a government that does. By the way I had to unsnap my weapon on a guy on the 174 today.Walked OC all over pike place and the only response I got was this gal that said "I like your Style".What can I say it was a good hair day........

We must stamp out ........

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    By the way I had to unsnap my weapon on a guy on the 174 today.
    :shock:
    Sorry... you can't just drop that and not expect a "WTF?!" What happened?
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Sitting in the front behind the driver.Phsyco comes from the back and starts harassing a gal sitting in front.He got totally out of control.Driver told him to get off twice,he didn't.He started waiving his arms around screaming,getting aggresive with the driver.Guy next to me saw me put down my umbrella and unsnap my retention with my hand on my weapon.Crazy guy looked at me and got off at the next stop.The guy next to me said this guy always causes trouble on the 174 and said you should of shot him.I wouldn't unless he started physically attacking the driver or the other passenger. This guy was extremely nuts ,big and potentially dangerous. Actually since the guy was unarmed it crossed my mind if got anymore out of control,to unholster my side arm and wack him upside the head with it.The OC of the weapon was enough to difuse the situation.Trevor can attest to the wack jobs that ride the 174.I just wanted to get downtown.Found some cool stuff at the Military surplus store as well.

By the way pass the word 60 minutes is doing a story sunday on the mass increase in gun sales all over the country.This ought to be good........

Post imported post

Going to the one in Seattle, I will have the long stick with the Thulsa Doom Symbol with the creepy, ever present "Obama Circle" taking up the place where the sun and moon go.

Conan: "A Standard, a Symbol, perhaps on a part of a shield; 'Two Snakes coming together, facing each other, but they are one!'"

Obligatory scantly Clad hot babe: "With a sun and a moon below? Black sun, black moon?"

Conan: "Yes!"

Post imported post

I still need a ride if someone is going...........

Post imported post

I'm going to try for the one in Westlake Park, since it's the only one in Seattle for which I have the location, date, and time. (There is one very close to my house, but it doesn't have a time!) It's close to work, so I don't know if I'll OC or not.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I am hoping to be at the one in Bellingham if I can find it. And I will OC.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Sadly the guy organizing in Gig Harbor didn't reply to my email and I have a workshop to build, so I won't be going.I wish people could read and respond to email.

Post imported post

Well i am going down town and I will be Oc.This is to important .

Post imported post

sirpuma wrote:
    Sadly the guy organizing in Gig Harbor didn't reply to my email and I have a workshop to build, so I won't be going.I wish people could read and respond to email.
    The notice here, came on fairly short notice. The volunteer organizers are hosting events at their homes, to avoid the crowds downtown. They are just nowtrying to vet people because they are concerned that allowing an anti into their home, will be disruptive.

I found an event two blocks from my house, talked on the phone, and visited in advance. That is because they provided a phone number. Some are overwhelmed by the last minute resonses... and our on-line (from teapartyday.com)emails are "blind", anonymous, andgenerated by spam-like email addresses. Could easily be overlooked.

These neighborhood events are very, verysmall.

Post imported post

I heard on the radio today that the one in Bellingham will be on the guide by Bellis Fair from 4-6.

Post imported post

That was a great rally and they are going to get bigger.Notice the Seattle police not bothering me.A couple of they told me they are very suppotive of the right of citizens to bear arms.I should send thet pic to KING 5 and point that out.

Post imported post

I went to the Bellingham tea party OC'ing my new Springfield EMP tucked into a little inside-the-pants holster Lots of Bellingham PD there. In the middle of it all someone came running up to two LEO's about someone having a heart attack. The LEO's ran off to attend to that and later returned to what was obviously their assigned station for the event. I was a bit behind them but they were constantly looking around and I know they saw me. Shortly a sergeant arrived --- guy with a whole sleeve full of hashmarks. I asked him if he had heard about the heart attack victim and he said he hadn't. He did a double-take at my weapon but it didn't seem to faze him and nothing was said.

It was good to see the huge turnout in Bellingham. This was my first appearance at any such demonstration and it felt good. I hope that this is the beginning of a movement to take our country back. And just by the way, kudos to the Bellingham PD for their educated non-response to OC.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I went to the Bellingham one and OC'ed. It was a great event no problems and I was pleasantly surprised by the turn out. I figured a few hundred people not a few thousand. No wonder I didn't see you there Richard but saw two other of our fellow OCers there.

No problems from the LEO or anybody attending. It felt good to actually be part of something, instead of sitting idly and doing nothing.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)