• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ex-employee of Bellevue gun dealer charged in pistol thefts

jchen012

imported post

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/405020_wades09.html
Federal prosecutors have charged a former employee of Wade's Eastside Guns, accusing the 43-year-old man of stealing more than a dozen handguns from the popular Bellevue gun shop.

In a complaint filed earlier this week, Sammamish resident Leeland Cho is accused of taking firearms from the store before being fired when a coworker saw him reselling ammunition he'd bought at Wade's under an employee discount.

I Spy

imported post

They've been hiring lately. Somehow someone with a grudge got hired, then steals in retribution? Hope this screws up his nextNICS. This is saddening, Wade's is a great place with excellent staff.

just_a_car

imported post

911Boss wrote:
Karma I guess, Wade's has been ripping folks off for years....
+1. They get you with a good deal on a rifle then try to sell all the high priced accessories. I saved my buddy a few hundred dollars by stopping him from buying an EOTech and just getting a cheapo red dot that works just as well for what he's doing.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
911Boss wrote:
Karma I guess, Wade's has been ripping folks off for years....
+1. They get you with a good deal on a rifle then try to sell all the high priced accessories. I saved my buddy a few hundred dollars by stopping him from buying an EOTech and just getting a cheapo red dot that works just as well for what he's doing.
I've yet to see a "good deal" on any firearm there. Of course I quit looking after a while. Was never a fan of Wade's "I'm doing you a favor by selling you a gun" attitude.

just_a_car

imported post

Actually, before this gun craze, I helped my friend that I previously mentioned buy an M4A3 there with a Stag Arms upper and Bushmaster lower for $799 + tax. One of the better deals I'd seen outside of gunbroker.

Solar

imported post

I have gone to Wade's for many years and have seen the dynamics there firsthand in regards to the way they treat the customers. Keep in mind that they have a very popular indoor range in the same building and have a constant flow of people that are new to the sport and lots of guys bringing in their girlfriends or buddies who are just starting their gun buying/shooting experience. Compared to most gun shops I have been in there are a LOT of people behind the counter and they do a good job adapting to the different levels of competence of the customers. Being able to maintain the stock of guns and accessories they have, especially considering the locality which has historically had a 12-20% higher retail price for goods since it is one of the wealthiest areas in the world, I think they do ok. If you are more savvy and know what you want, look for that deal wherever you can. Wade's has always been a good spot to really do some "window shopping" and the staff will give you their own personal recommendations, even if it is counter to their profit margins. The quality of their used selection in my opinion is outstanding compared to many of the shops I have been to over the years. I find it true at most gun shops that you are always looked upon with at least a little skeptisism until you are a familiar face.

just_a_car

imported post

Great points Solar. Admittedly, some of the people that go to the range there are wannabe gangstas, but you'll find that all over (yes, seen it firsthand... there were calling it a Gat and shooting gangsta-style).

Also, I'd like to point out that it was at Wade's that I learned about the living trust and how easy it is. I had heard about it online but figured it was just as hard as doing the normal Class III thing. They showed me otherwise and even showed me the paperwork and explained how it all worked. They even allowed me to feel how amazingly lighter the titanium suppressor was to even the aluminum one, not to mention the steel one....

...This was all after I had told them I wasn't there to buy anything, just window shop.

Most stores I've been in treat you like a lump on their ass after you say that.

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Great points Solar. Admittedly, some of the people that go to the range there are wannabe gangstas, but you'll find that all over (yes, seen it firsthand... there were calling it a Gat and shooting gangsta-style).
I was there a while back and this Asian kid rolls up on a razor scooter, rents a Tec-9, puts the huge target about 10 feet out and could barely hit it...the rangemaster guy had to come out andsupervise him....