• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Go mess with the Brady Campaign on Facebook!

Orygunner

imported post

As many of us know, none of the anti-gun groups, such as the Brady Campaign, The Gun Guys, Freedom States Alliance, etc. allow public comments on their Blogs.The Brady CampaignBlog used to, but eventually stoppedallowing them. They said it was because "gun nuts" couldn't carry on a reasonable discourse without threatening, but the truth was that their lies and distortions couldn't hold up to the truth (as we know no gun control argument can).

Yesterday, I stumbled across a goldmine. The Brady Campaign Facebook page :celebrate.

I "Became a fan" and started getting into a few great discussions in the "comments" threads of various news postings, when the hammer came down. They erased all my messages, called me a Troll (MOI?) and said I was only there to cause trouble... They even "banned" me, which means I can't post any new comments on their wall. They must have missed something though, because I can still add comments to existing posts... And I'll continue to do it, too.

Hell yeah I'm going to cause trouble... They want to try and cause trouble for my RKBA,I'm gonna cause trouble right back :D.

Anyway, I invite you all to "become a fan" of the Brady Campaign on facebook and help expose the lies. However, please keep it civil, use facts instead of emotion, and don't start calling names, use foul language, etc.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brady-Campaign-to-Prevent-Gun-Violence/6236054211

Thanks, and have fun!

...Orygunner...

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Orygunner wrote:
They erased all my messages, called me a Troll (MOI?) and said I was only there to cause trouble...

omg the irony.... :quirky I think I've heard something along those lines before.

Anyway, right from the front page:
From the Info section about the Brady Campaign fb page:

"It is not to be used to disparage or make-fun-of the Brady Campaign and it is not a forum for "debate" about gun control. And one more thing... Trolls will be permanently banned from the group."

Just out of curiosity, is there any way for users to report violation of this to the monitor (or whomever) of this fb page? I know it's frustrating to all of us when this page is used for other uses than its intended one.

EDIT: Well your idea sounded good but I read like two comments and wanted to throw my computer out the window. Sorry, you're on your own. I wouldn't even know where to being.

This one was fun though: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brady-Campaign-to-Prevent-Gun-Violence/6236054211#/photo.php?pid=644558&id=6236054211

Little dose of reality for her. Someone should have pinned that button on the VA Tech shooter. He must have forgot it was a gun free zone. :quirky

Seriously man, if I have a stroke this morning from reading all this stupidity then you're entirely at fault.

Just look at this crap...

Guns do not prevent violence..they only attract it. Handguns should be outlawed worldwide!
[/quote]Because that woulddefinitelykeep them out of the hands of people that don'tfollow the law. :quirky

Not going to argue with people that promote violence. No good has ever come out of a gun...only death and more violence. My dogs were shot by a creep that has a long history of violence. If laws would actually protect citizens, this long time violent cretin would not have been allowed to own a gun. So I consider myself a VICTIM of gun violence. Ban handguns!

Yes, because it was the GUN'S fault your dog got shot. It was ALREADY illegal for the guy with the rap sheet to own the gun. Why can't these people comprehend that?

I agree with Julia, my son was shot and he is VERY lucky to be alive but will continue to have medical problems the rest of his life. They never caught the shooter!!!

Can't find the shooter? Ban all guns!! The gun did it!!!

My brother was shot and murdered in 2005. I hate guns!!!!
[/quote]

My friend was hit by a drunk driver! UGH I HATE CARS!! BAN THEM ALL!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

When I gouge my eyes out I'm sending you the medical bill orygunner. :p

Orygunner

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
When I gouge my eyes out I'm sending you the medical bill orygunner. :p
[/quote]
Glad I could help! :) Hey, that made me think ofa new one liner:

...If guns cause crime, then spoons gouge out AWDstylez's eyes... ;)
...Orygunner...

riverrat10k

imported post

Bless you orygunner (in a non-denominational non-religous or however you want to take it way).

I would travel to OR. to kiss you but I think you are male and I don't go that way.

Thanks for doing that job that most Americans won't do!

riverrat

dukenukum

imported post

Guns do not prevent violence..they only attract it. Handguns should be outlawed worldwide!

so governments and criminals can run all over us .

Not going to argue with people that promote violence. No good has ever come out of a gun...only death and more violence.

tell that to my mom who stopped a home intruder / wanted rapist stone cold with a gun

I agree with Julia, my son was shot and he is VERY lucky to be alive but will continue to have medical problems the rest of his life. They never caught the shooter!!!

" they" never caught the guys who robbed and me at the store I worked at ( they had guns ) I still have health problems but I choose to get over it and arm myself for protection .
My brother was shot and murdered in 2005. I hate guns!!!!

I had a first cousin who along with her children was burned to death by an arsonist ( her husband ) hey lets out law matches and fire .

rds801

imported post

Will these people ever learn that bad people will do bad things? They keep blaming the guns, not the people committing these crimes. I was having a talk with my 7 year old this morning as we walked the dog. He started asking me about gangs and guns. He mentioned that guns are bad. I said "But I have guns". He says yeah but those are for protection, when the gangs have guns it's bad. A 7 year old gets it. Why can't some of those adults get it.:cuss:

GWbiker

imported post

I posted there, but I believe *we* are being ignored. It appear the anti's have a closed mind!:cry:

GWbiker

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
As many of us know, none of the anti-gun groups, such as the Brady Campaign, The Gun Guys, Freedom States Alliance, etc. allow public comments on their Blogs.The Brady CampaignBlog used to, but eventually stoppedallowing them. They said it was because "gun nuts" couldn't carry on a reasonable discourse without threatening, but the truth was that their lies and distortions couldn't hold up to the truth (as we know no gun control argument can).

Yesterday, I stumbled across a goldmine. The Brady Campaign Facebook page :celebrate.

I "Became a fan" and started getting into a few great discussions in the "comments" threads of various news postings, when the hammer came down. They erased all my messages, called me a Troll (MOI?) and said I was only there to cause trouble... They even "banned" me, which means I can't post any new comments on their wall. They must have missed something though, because I can still add comments to existing posts... And I'll continue to do it, too.

Hell yeah I'm going to cause trouble... They want to try and cause trouble for my RKBA,I'm gonna cause trouble right back :D.

Anyway, I invite you all to "become a fan" of the Brady Campaign on facebook and help expose the lies. However, please keep it civil, use facts instead of emotion, and don't start calling names, use foul language, etc.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brady-Campaign-to-Prevent-Gun-Violence/6236054211

Thanks, and have fun!

...Orygunner...
I went there. They won't talk to us.....:cry:

Orygunner

imported post

Yeah, they've already gone in and removed comments again. I'm happy to keep going back and keep them on their toes. I've even started sending messages to some of the posters on there :)

...Orygunner...

GWbiker

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
Yeah, they've already gone in and removed comments again. I'm happy to keep going back and keep them on their toes. I've even started sending messages to some of the posters on there :)

...Orygunner...
I spent some time on the BB FB reading their postings. They are such innocent subjects, like children dancing around a Maypole waving crepe paper streamers singing phrases to Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc.....

I would LOVE to take them all on a guided tour of a state maximum security prison.:what:

GWbiker

imported post

Check out the "location" of the Brady Bunch posters -- New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Mass. I wonder how many of them actually saw a real gun.

Aran

Banned
imported post

GWbiker wrote:
Check out the "location" of the Brady Bunch posters -- New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Mass. I wonder how many of them actually saw a real gun.
Hey now, I'm from New York.

(And I didn't see that many guns until I came to PA and bought my own... Okay, fair point)

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
Orygunner wrote:
Umm, it's Facebook. How do they make money?

Got some proof or further explanation of what you mean?

...Orygunner...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_is_Facebook_financed

You make hits, and Brady bunch gets financing from advertisers---FOR ADVERTISEMENT SPACE!!

You mean facebook gets financing. Facebook is selling the ads, not the people with the pages otherwise we'd all be getting paid for our facebook pages. :p

Carnivore

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Carnivore wrote:
Orygunner wrote:
Umm, it's Facebook. How do they make money?

Got some proof or further explanation of what you mean?

...Orygunner...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_is_Facebook_financed

You make hits, and Brady bunch gets financing from advertisers---FOR ADVERTISEMENT SPACE!!

You mean facebook gets financing. Facebook is selling the ads, not the people with the pages otherwise we'd all be getting paid for our facebook pages. :p

Trust me this fella is all about ANTI GUN, andthe Obamination of America!!

http://www.fastcompany.com/node/1207594/print