• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Go mess with the Brady Campaign on Facebook!

Snake Eater

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Orygunner wrote:
They erased all my messages, called me a Troll (MOI?) and said I was only there to cause trouble...

omg the irony.... :quirky I think I've heard something along those lines before.

Anyway, right from the front page:
From the Info section about the Brady Campaign fb page:

"It is not to be used to disparage or make-fun-of the Brady Campaign and it is not a forum for "debate" about gun control. And one more thing... Trolls will be permanently banned from the group."

Just out of curiosity, is there any way for users to report violation of this to the monitor (or whomever) of this fb page? I know it's frustrating to all of us when this page is used for other uses than its intended one.

EDIT: Well your idea sounded good but I read like two comments and wanted to throw my computer out the window. Sorry, you're on your own. I wouldn't even know where to being.

This one was fun though: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brady-Campaign-to-Prevent-Gun-Violence/6236054211#/photo.php?pid=644558&id=6236054211

Little dose of reality for her. Someone should have pinned that button on the VA Tech shooter. He must have forgot it was a gun free zone. :quirky

Seriously man, if I have a stroke this morning from reading all this stupidity then you're entirely at fault.

Just look at this crap...

Guns do not prevent violence..they only attract it. Handguns should be outlawed worldwide!
Because that woulddefinitelykeep them out of the hands of people that don'tfollow the law. :quirky

Thats why the cops carry their duty weapon out in the open and EVERYTIME I GO TO WALMART TARGET OR SOME OTHER PUBLIC PLACE OPEN CARRINGA RIOT ERRUPTS AND I AM CONSTANTLY IN JAIL FOR DISTURBIG THE PEACE OR ENCITING A RIOT.
Not going to argue with people that promote violence. No good has ever come out of a gun...only death and more violence. My dogs were shot by a creep that has a long history of violence. If laws would actually protect citizens, this long time violent cretin would not have been allowed to own a gun. So I consider myself a VICTIM of gun violence. Ban handguns!
Nothing but your Freedom and continued exsistance!!!

Can this idiot be serious, He just proved one of our biggest arguemnts(sp) It is hilarious that they don't even listen to them selves.

Yes, because it was the GUN'S fault your dog got shot. It was ALREADY illegal for the guy with the rap sheet to own the gun. Why can't these people comprehend that?

I agree with Julia, my son was shot and he is VERY lucky to be alive but will continue to have medical problems the rest of his life. They never caught the shooter!!!

Can't find the shooter? Ban all guns!! The gun did it!!!

My brother was shot and murdered in 2005. I hate guns!!!!
[/quote]

My friend was hit by a drunk driver! UGH I HATE CARS!! BAN THEM ALL!!!

What about the Alohol HATE CARS AND BOOZE!!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

When I gouge my eyes out I'm sending you the medical bill orygunner. :p[/quote]

Snake Eater

imported post

Anyway, right from the front page:
From the Info section about the Brady Campaign fb page:

"It is not to be used to disparage or make-fun-of the Brady Campaign and it is not a forum for "debate" about gun control. And one more thing... Trolls will be permanently banned from the group."

Just out of curiosity, is there any way for users to report violation of this to the monitor (or whomever) of this fb page? I know it's frustrating to all of us when this page is used for other uses than its intended one.
OKSO THAT IS WHY WE DO IT HERE.

THAT IS ALL YOU PEOPLE DO IS DEBATE ABOUT GUN CONTROL IT IS THE REASON YOU EXSIST!!!! DUH!!!

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE SWEET FRAGRANCE OF GUN POWDER IN THE MORNIG!!!

IS THIS A FORUM TO SWAP RECIPIES??? NO IT IS FOR GUN CONTROL BITCHY CROCKER!!!!

GWbiker

imported post

I wasted a few days of my life reading their simplistic rubbish about gun control. Damn, those Brady Campaign people are such naive fools. :banghead::banghead:

Sheeple, I believe would be the correct label for the Brady's.

XD40coyote

imported post

I swear, these anti gun people are leading me to drink...er.. I mean OC!

Here's another gem!

Yup. We are all gonna die if the guns stay on the streets! This is crazy. I wouldn't think of walking around with a gun. The police have months of gun training, and practice weekly at the range and look at how often they accidently shoot someone.

LOL ROFLMAO & OCFTW

What cops practice weekly? Not all cops are SWAT officers, and even they may not all practice weekly. How about how often cops miss shooting at the bad guys or when cops have all those ND's they seem to have?

Eww and get a look at the political cartoons on there too.

I dunno whats more fun to get giggles from, anti gunners or peta people?

GWbiker

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
Yeah, they've already gone in and removed comments again. I'm happy to keep going back and keep them on their toes. I've even started sending messages to some of the posters on there :) ...Orygunner...
Are you still trying to debate the issue of gun control with them?

I think I frighten them with my avatar.........it's a........

Aran

Banned
imported post

My display picture on Facebook is me in a trenchcoat and cowboy hat with a shotgun in one hand (Think of the opening credits for Walker: Texas Ranger as the title plays in, but with a black hat and coat... and way more out of shape) and a Hi-Point Carbine in the other.

I don't think I'd be able to make more than one comment, no matter what it is, before getting banned there.

GWbiker

imported post

I usually make a daily troll into the Brady Campaign site to read some really unbelievable topics being posted by the "Sheeple".

Today's gem is written by Alice Adams:

How can our lawmakers refuse to ban assault rifles. If the pilgrims didn't need them to survive, we don't either! This is such a no-brainer. I can't believe our elected officials are so easily swayed with the NRA's big money. Certainly human life still counts for something in Washington!

Well damn Alice, the pilgrims didn't have anti-bacterial drugs either so let's all go back in time when many women died during child birth and normal life expediency in this country was 40 years.:banghead::banghead:

GWbiker

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
What was Reagans favorite vegatable?

James Brady...

Doh, did I say that aloud...
On a seriously note, James Brady took a head shot from a 2 1/2 barrel RG10 revolver firing a .22 SHORT bullet. Were it not for swift emergency medical treatment Brady would have died. He remains a wheel chair bound invalid.

That said, I believe Mr. Brady should be given some respect!

President Reagan also got hit with a .22 SHORT fired by John nutsy Hinckley that bounced off a car door frame and went into his arm pit, then into a lung. He damn near died also.

From this gun owners observation, the little .22 rimfire can produce a mild but lethal punch.

GWbiker

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
"If laws would actually protect citizens,"

Laws are nothing more than ink on paper!
To be ignored by criminals.:cuss:

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Aran wrote:
My display picture on Facebook is me in a trenchcoat and cowboy hat with a shotgun in one hand (Think of the opening credits for Walker: Texas Ranger as the title plays in, but with a black hat and coat... and way more out of shape) and a Hi-Point Carbine in the other.

I don't think I'd be able to make more than one comment, no matter what it is, before getting banned there.
Come on Aran, don't leave us dangling...Pics or it didn't happen....

FogRider

imported post

Y'know, if any one of them came here and started saying anything anti-gun they would be called a troll and banned almost immediately. Why go to their page and do the same just to cause trouble? And that's what it is, whatever else you want to call it. They don't want to hear your arguments, and they are not going to listen to them (at least on the\at page), and there will be one result: you'll be banned. Can't we behave just a little bit better than them?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

FogRider wrote:
Y'know, if any one of them came here and started saying anything anti-gun they would be called a troll and banned almost immediately.

I pointed that out on the first page. I'm far from anti-gun, but just because I'm not a fanatical extremist I'm called a "troll" here.

Orygunner

imported post

FogRider wrote:
Y'know, if any one of them came here and started saying anything anti-gun they would be called a troll and banned almost immediately. Why go to their page and do the same just to cause trouble? And that's what it is, whatever else you want to call it. They don't want to hear your arguments, and they are not going to listen to them (at least on theat page), and there will be one result: you'll be banned. Can't we behave just a little bit better than them?

Yeah, We areconsiderably better:

1. I don't go there and post some wacky opposing opinion then disappear (like 99% of trolls we see here).

2. I am posting in a respectful manner, not being threatening or abusive to anyone.

3. WE encourage reasonable discussion and debate. I haven't seen anypro-gun rights sites turn off public comments, or censor anyone, or delete/close threads unless someone was being downright abusive or bordering on mentally ill. However, Almost every anti-gun sites either turn off all public comments or heavily censor comments because the truth upsets their propaganda and lies about gun control.

They can only ban you so far on Facebook. They can "ban" you from commenting on some of their posts, but not all of them. They can "moderate" and delete your comments, but cannot get you kicked from Facebook unless you are threatening or hostile. I think they set a limit on the number of public comments you can make per day (I wasn't counting whenI hit the limit, but it may have been around 50 or so?).

The way I figure it, the Brady Campaign is making trouble for me and every other good, freedom-loving American gun owner, so I'm happy to do my little part to return the favor :cool:.

...Orygunner...

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
FogRider wrote:
Y'know, if any one of them came here and started saying anything anti-gun they would be called a troll and banned almost immediately.

I pointed that out on the first page. I'm far from anti-gun, but just because I'm not a fanatical extremist I'm called a "troll" here.

That's part of your problem Stylez, you whine about being called a troll but yet you callpeople that have a differing view than you concerning the carriage of weapons"fanatical extremists."It works both ways and you are not innocent. By reading your past posts, it is clear to me that you don't even stand-by the main purpose of this site and I wonder why you even bother. Quite frankly, I think you are the worst type of gun owner, the one that only believes in thepart of the 2nd amendment that says "to keep,"and is more than willing to accept concessions and restrictionsto fundamental liberties without evenbatting an eye.

You have claimed why you are here in the past and that is the main reason you are called a troll, not for differing viewpoints, (although I personally think that people that take the time topost over a thousand posts on a OC forum should probably be of the pro-OC mind-set - there are plenty of other gun forums that better represent your views.)

Coming to this site to ruffle feathers and offer ridiculing insults as a main tactic of trying to winarguments is unnecessary and silly. How you haven't been banned is totally beyond me.

FogRider

imported post

Orygunner wrote:

1. I don't go there and post some wacky opposing opinion then disappear (like 99% of trolls we see here).

2. I am posting in a respectful manner, not being threatening or abusive to anyone.

3. WE encourage reasonable discussion and debate. I haven't seen anypro-gun rights sites turn off public comments, or censor anyone, or delete/close threads unless someone was being downright abusive or bordering on mentally ill. However, Almost every anti-gun sites either turn off all public comments or heavily censor comments because the truth upsets their propaganda and lies about gun control.

They can only ban you so far on Facebook. They can "ban" you from commenting on some of their posts, but not all of them. They can "moderate" and delete your comments, but cannot get you kicked from Facebook unless you are threatening or hostile. I think they set a limit on the number of public comments you can make per day (I wasn't counting whenI hit the limit, but it may have been around 50 or so?).

The way I figure it, the Brady Campaign is making trouble for me and every other good, freedom-loving American gun owner, so I'm happy to do my little part to return the favor :cool:.

...Orygunner...
The thing is, they've made it clear that they don't even want polite, respectful pro-gun posts on that page. There are so many other places that you can have a nice polite debate that taking it there seems pointless. You are never going to change a mind there, and pretending that you are seems hopelessly naive. So if you're not going to change a mind, and know that any comments are just going to aggravate the folks there, then you are just there to cause trouble. So lets call it what it is: a troll. If you're ok with that, fine. But it seems to me like this is a good opportunity to be the bigger man and just let them hang out in their own little corner of the web unmolested.

Orygunner

imported post

FogRider wrote:
Orygunner wrote:

...Orygunner...
The thing is, they've made it clear that they don't even want polite, respectful pro-gun posts on that page. There are so many other places that you can have a nice polite debate that taking it there seems pointless. You are never going to change a mind there, and pretending that you are seems hopelessly naive. So if you're not going to change a mind, and know that any comments are just going to aggravate the folks there, then you are just there to cause trouble. So lets call it what it is: a troll. If you're ok with that, fine. But it seems to me like this is a good opportunity to be the bigger man and just let them hang out in their own little corner of the web unmolested.

I see your point. However, all I want to do is hang out in my own little corner of the country unmolested by more gun control, and these are the guys fighting tooth and nail to make more of it.

So yeah, maybe I won't change any minds over there (I think I've at least been successful in getting a few people to explore alternative information to the Brady Campaign propaganda, but can't be sure). But I'm perfectly fine with causing problems and a headache for them, especially since I'm decidedly taking the high road and their irrational, emotional wackiness becomes evident to all :)

...Orygunner...

FogRider

imported post

I'm not saying don't try to fight them, I'm just saying that's not the place to do it. Find them somewhere else (they're all over the place), and talk to them there. Your sane arguments will go a lot farther towards convincing someone when they don't have dozens of their cronies surrounding them screaming about how evil and wrong you are, and kicking you out of the discussion before you have a chance to really prove your point.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong here. It just seems like raiding their forum is a tad petty, and we serve our cause better to leave those tactics to them. There are other, better ways to have our voices heard.

Orygunner

imported post

FogRider,

I've spent a good bit of time looking for other forums to discuss these issues, and maybe my searching skills just suck. AllI've ever found is an overwhelming amount of pro-gun forums and Blogs, but I'm not looking for an "echo chamber." I've only found a fewanti-gun forums and blogs,but they all either have no public comments, or are heavily moderated.

If you could point me towards other predominantly anti-gun sites that allow open, polite discussion, I would be appreciative!

Thanks,

...Orygunner...