• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABC 20/20 Show on Guns Tonight at 10 PM Eastern

grishnav

imported post

On the flip side, it would be cool as hell to do the FOF drill they did in the video. My first instinct, I think, would be to duck. Then I'd draw and start searching for safe exits based on my knowledge of the classroom and the direction I hear the shots coming from. I don't think I'd actually try to engage the gunman unless there were no safe ways out and I could hear him getting close enough to comprimise my concealment/cover. And then I'd do what I could to wait for what sounded like a reload (although after all the shots in such a confined space it might not be possible to hear).

What do you think/hope you would do?

Ganghater

imported post

bugly wrote:
turbodog wrote:
I'm going to try and catch this one. I did like this 20/20 take on gun laws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_YTM_eAWnQ

Whaaaaaaat? you mean having guns doesn't make people rabid wanton killers? /sarcasm off/

Very well done, this was quite possibly one of the best articles I have seen. It was to the point, had factual data to back it up and put a face on the "victims" who fought back.

Too bad most anti-gunners were too busy either protesting something somewhere or playing guitar heroto watch it....
Hey... My kid plays guitar hero - he also shoots VERY well...

Phssthpok

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
T Dubya wrote:
Over the course of the hour, Samaha purchased 10 guns: three rifles, four shotguns, one handgun.
Three plus four plus one equals ten? I wonder if this reflects the accuracy of the rest of the article.

Where's the audio and video of these transactions? They send an avowed anti-gun activist into a gun show with cash, and simply take his word for it how the deals transpired?

And what's with this, in the story copy, blatantly suggesting readers join the effort?

CLICK HERE TO HELP OMAR SAMAHA FIGHT GUN VIOLENCE.

I thought the same thing too at first glance. It's actually poor grammar/editing that caused the confusion.

Over the course of the hour, Samaha purchased 10 guns: three rifles, four shotguns, one handgun. He could have purchased many more handguns, but he wanted to abide by Virginia State law, which allows the purchase of one handgun per month, and two assault weapons.
Should read something like:

Over the course of the hour, Samaha purchased 10 guns: three rifles, four shotguns, two assault weapons, and one handgun. He could have purchased many more handguns, but he wanted to abide by Virginia State law, which only allows the purchase of one handgun per month.
(Note I merely edited the existing text without correcting the false terminology used)

GetA2J

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
OMG? They found the loophole?!?!?! :what:

Sheesh... Do they not realize that you can do the same damn thing...

* at your home.
* at McDonalds.
* at (insert any event or location here)

Maybe we chould fight to close the dihydrogen monoxide loophole. You can get that crap ANYWHERE! :shock:

Sometimes even for free! :celebrate

What you may be neglegtful in understanding their agenda is, this "lophole" that they speak of they would like to see it eliminated in ANY AND ALL firearms transactions. Those at McDonald's, at you home, at (insert any event or location here) AND transferring any gun to ANY person regardless of their relationship to you!!

You will not be able to sell to a gang banger (no big loss there I always ask for ID AND permit/license for sales any way.) You will not be able to sell to your best friend, you will not even be able to GIVE the firearm to your brother, Sister,Dad, Son, Daughter, Wife, Grandson. Grandaughter. Te "loophole" will permanently closed for any and ALL firearm transfers for ANY reason.

Sure any of uscould tolerate this legilation for SOME of our sales / transfers, But look at their agenda before we make fun of their terminology or lack of gun knowlege. I think it is a shame the this foreigner Omar or what ever his name is to purchase ANY firearm WITHOUT any ID at all!When one potential seller asked for ID the Omar fella said he did't have any on him and the seller sold t to him anyway!!!!

For most of us who actually have a few brain waves left ANYONE being without an ID would be a huge red flag!!! NO SALE!!! Some of us have no more thought thn that?

I hate to see our lives legislated into oblivian but this whole idea trouibles me. I like the ability to buy and sell guns among individuals without long strings attached but I hate the fact that a possible gangbanger can get a gun without ID from a mindless seller too.

compmanio365

imported post

GetA2J, you need to realize that "gangbanger" could get a gun no matter the law passed saying you have to run background checks, etc. Instead of buying it from a moronic private seller who won't ask for ID and sells to anyone with cash, he'll just go buy it in a back alley somewhere from his favorite drug runner, etc. The law passed to "prevent" such things affects him not at all.

GaOwlPoop

imported post

"I think we should be prepared to send ABC and KOMO a clear and unified message that if they are going to promote this kind of propoganda, rather than a balanced news story, that they will permanently lose us as viewers.

AHHHH You mean you are still watching ABC? I haven't watched them in at least 20 years.

They were blatant about there bias back then and they haven't improved any.

GetA2J

imported post

You are correct sir but we seem to allow infringements that do not directly affect us. A hunter may say " go ahead and ban (assault) rifles nobody needs them to hunt with" A shotgunner who likes to hunt fowl and shoot trap may say "Go ahead and ban all semi-auto handguns who needs all that ammo stored on the gun, a revolver is good enough for anybody"

I didn't specifically need to mention gangbangers, that was brght up by the ATF agent in the news tory and I mentioned it just to tye the stories' amnalogies to mine.

compmanio365

imported post

"Some" may; I think you'll find that most on this site do not ascribe to this viewpoint of "let them ban whatever doesn't affect me", as we've seen all too well how the slippery slope works.

None of these gun control laws has done anything to stop ONE crime from occurring, and instead has caused every last one of the tragedies we've seen in these "gun free zones" over the years. The blood is on the hands of every "anti" out there, and those who say "let them ban X, it doesn't affect me". Every last person who "let it go" is guilty by association of mass murder.

GetA2J

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
"Some" may; I think you'll find that most on this site do not ascribe to this viewpoint of "let them ban whatever doesn't affect me", as we've seen all too well how the slippery slope works.

None of these gun control laws has done anything to stop ONE crime from occurring, and instead has caused every last one of the tragedies we've seen in these "gun free zones" over the years. The blood is on the hands of every "anti" out there, and those who say "let them ban X, it doesn't affect me". Every last person who "let it go" is guilty by association of mass murder.

Eae up compmanio365: I was simply stating that as this poster had mentioned rather sarcastically:

OMG? They found the loophole?!?!?! :what:

Sheesh... Do they not realize that you can do the same damn thing...

* at your home.
* at McDonalds.
* at (insert any event or location here)

Maybe we chould fight to close the dihydrogen monoxide loophole. You can get that crap ANYWHERE! :shock:

Sometimes even for free! :celebrate

That although the libs called this the "gunshow loophole" that you can do "the same damn thing" at several locaions. I was implying without fact that the way his post was formatted meant that he felt that closing the "gunshow loophole" would someow leave open the Mcdonalds or home or any other event or location loopholes.

Much like the hunters and other gun entheusiasts seem to allow bans as long as it is not their "chosen" gun style or type. I was not in any way implying that people on this board ascribe to this viewpoint. or at least it was not my intention.

Also I was not implying that this gun law would stop any crimes as we all know that criminals will have weapons be-it guns or throwing stars, or clubs, or carsor any other item but it is only with our (the gun community) common sense can we prevent the simplest of mistakes byasking for an ID AND some form of legal documentation that the purchaser is a law abiding citizen. According to the above news story there was no less than one seller who asked for ID but when the request was denied he made the sale any way. IFwe are to believethe story is factual in its content?.?

I apologize for any misunderstanding my lack of language savvoy or usage has caused. I am of course on your side and do not wish to argue the pointless gun laws.

jchen012

imported post

ABC can go screw themselves. When the NY shootings occured a week ago, every major news network mentioned "maybe we should revisit gun control." Even Fox News. The only network that didn't mention anything about gun control was CBS. They are my new station. Plus I have always been a big fan of the Ron+Don show on KIRO radio.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hatchet job. Very anti gun slant. Too bad to. It is this type of propaganda that plays right into the hands of mass killers.It very much promotes people being defenseless. In the name of safety of course.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Why dont we all write letters to the companys that are buying adtime and tell them how unhappy we are about the unfair reporting not to mention thedown right lies and that we will not be purchasing their products. There are brand names that I havenot purchased for 20+ years because of things like this. Or the alternative lets pick out the biggest advertiser and only hit them. A couple thousand letters will likly get their attention.

Orphan

Tomahawk

imported post

OK now they're showing that idiot DEA agent shooting himself in the leg (with his face blurred out!) to prove that us mere mortals can't be trusted if this boob finds it so hard!

ChinChin

imported post

Not surprised it's a hit-piece.

never mind all of us who take defensive training and have more range time then local officers who only ever shoot twice a year to qualify (notice they didn't mention THAT.)

One of their "qualified" shooting students was an airsoft kid? C'mon! I play driving video games. . .I have no illusion I could drive indy car.

ETA: Mrs. Chin Chin pointed out that the school shooting test wasn't fair. The kids they found had little training; while the "shooter" was a defensive firearms training instructor. Most all of the mass shootings in the past 30 years had villains who didn't have anywhere NEAR his level of firearms experience.

So you had a marksman level "shooter" against entry level novices. Nope, not biased at all!

Tomahawk

imported post

Hit piece? You bet. Nothing but disturbing imagery and little BS experiments "proving" you have no chance to be of any help when armed.

I love the stupid teenagers, treating guns like they are some kind of diseased item. The one moron pointing it at his face. Years of indoctination pays off.

-------------------------------

Oh, gee, now some cute little boy is going to tell us what he thinks the president should do about guns. The world awaits his (ABC's) wisdom.

I need a drink...

Jeff Hayes

imported post

ABC and KOMO care about money. They get money from advertizers. Lets start a letter writing campaign to the companys that are buying ad time during 20/20. Writing letters to ABC and KOMO is a waste of time IMHO. In this economy a few thousand people telling a company you are not going to purchase their product because of where they advertized will do a lot more good and it only costs the price of a stamp and envelope.

Orphan