Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Nancy Pelosi calls for gun registration.

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran T Dubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Va, ,
    Posts
    892

    Post imported post

    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Pelosi...-14883186.html

    BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on April 7 acknowledged that gun registration is on her agenda, days after Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that the Second Amendment would not “stand in the way” of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.


    “These are alarming remarks from Speaker Pelosi and Attorney General Holder,” said Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb. “It appears that the Obama administration and Capitol Hill anti-gunners have dropped all pretences about their plans for gun owners’ rights, and it looks like the gloves are coming off.”

    Pelosi’s revelation came during an interview on ABC’s Good Morning, America. While insisting that Congress “never denied” the gun rights of American Citizens, Pelosi told Roberts, “We want them registered. We don’t want them crossing state lines…” Gottlieb noted that citizens’ rights do not stop at state lines.

    “But that doesn’t really matter,” he observed. “History has shown that around the world, registration has always led to confiscation.”

    In Mexico, according to the Wall Street Journal, Holder was asked if the administration might encounter constitutional issues as it tries to crack down on alleged gun trafficking. His response: “I don’t think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of efforts we have begun and will expand upon.”

    “These comments belie administration promises and Democrat rhetoric that party leaders respect the rights of law-abiding Americans to own the firearm of their choice,” Gottlieb said. “They imposed registration of semi-autos in Pelosi’s California and it led to a ban, but it certainly didn’t disarm criminals, like the convicted felon who killed four Oakland police officers last month. We know from Holder that the Obama administration wants to renew the nationwide ban on such firearms, but that won’t prevent crime, either.

    “The administration and Congressional anti-gunners have declared war on gun rights,” Gottlieb said. “The press seems deliberately blind to the statements from Pelosi and Holder, who blame our gun rights for their incompetence in dealing with crime. More than 90 million gun owners haven’t hurt anybody, and they are tired of being treated like criminals.”

    The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation’s oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 600,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.








    Contact:
    Code:
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Alan Gottlieb, 425-454-7012
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles Area, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,723

    Post imported post

    "WE" didn't.

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/24177.html

    Yours is in the right section though.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Arlington, Texas, USA
    Posts
    234

    Post imported post

    Exactly WHAT "PRETENSES" is this article refering to ? No surprises here.
    I recommend that Obama's Kenyan birth certificate and his Occidental College records be publicly "registered"-then we can entertain debate on firearms registration- which ain't going to happen either.



  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    56

    Post imported post

    Deleted by moderator known troll.

  5. #5
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    958

    Post imported post

    MousePrifeII wrote:
    liberals will stop at nothing.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30162245/
    I can see it now.....

    Homeowner hears men trying to break thru his front door and dials 911....

    911 operator:"911 -- What is your emergency".

    Homeowner:"I need the Police, right now. Men are trying to break into my house".

    911 operator:"OK Sir, just relax. Sir, there is a charge of $500 for Police response calls for home invasion".

    Homeowner:"What $500. OK, but hurry, they're coming thru the door".

    911 operator:"Sir, will this charge be on Visa or Master Card".

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    National City, CA, ,
    Posts
    239

    Post imported post

    NATIONAL GUN RIGHTS PARADE. ONE DAY, ALL 5O STATES.

  7. #7
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524

    Post imported post

    KS_to_CA wrote:
    NATIONAL GUN RIGHTS PARADE. ONE DAY, ALL 5O STATES.
    LET'S "GET 'ER DONE"
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scranton, Pa, ,
    Posts
    270

    Post imported post

    GWbiker wrote:
    MousePrifeII wrote:
    liberals will stop at nothing.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30162245/
    I can see it now.....

    Homeowner hears men trying to break thru his front door and dials 911....

    911 operator:"911 -- What is your emergency".

    Homeowner:"I need the Police, right now. Men are trying to break into my house".

    911 operator:"OK Sir, just relax. Sir, there is a charge of $500 for Police response calls for home invasion".

    Homeowner:"What $500. OK, but hurry, they're coming thru the door".

    911 operator:"Sir, will this charge be on Visa or Master Card".
    LMAO. They would make a killing too. No pun intended.

    A gun march would be a good idea, but is this in addition to the Million Gun owner rally next year?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The south land
    Posts
    1,230

    Post imported post

    I call on all Americans to steadfastly refuse ANY attempt at registration, defacto or otherwise.

    I also call on ALL freedom loving Americans to write your reps and let the cry go out that trying to abort the Constitution or the rights guaranteed to us--and that we the PEOPLE absolutely and unequivocally REFUSE to abrogate our rights in the name of Mexico or anyone else--not one right, not ever.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The south land
    Posts
    1,230

    Post imported post

    YllwFvr wrote:
    GWbiker wrote:
    MousePrifeII wrote:
    liberals will stop at nothing.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30162245/
    I can see it now.....

    Homeowner hears men trying to break thru his front door and dials 911....

    911 operator:"911 -- What is your emergency".

    Homeowner:"I need the Police, right now. Men are trying to break into my house".

    911 operator:"OK Sir, just relax. Sir, there is a charge of $500 for Police response calls for home invasion".

    Homeowner:"What $500. OK, but hurry, they're coming thru the door".

    911 operator:"Sir, will this charge be on Visa or Master Card".
    LMAO. They would make a killing too. No pun intended.

    A gun march would be a good idea, but is this in addition to the Million Gun owner rally next year?
    the gun owner rally should be sooner rather than later....wait too long and it will be too late.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    242

    Post imported post


  12. #12
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086

    Post imported post

    NO, I REFUSE.

    I guess she'll have to think of something else...
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    Hey Nancy! Register this! nlm

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    242

    Post imported post

    Even should gun registration become required by "law", the answer is total civil disobedience.

    Not a single gun owner in America should comply - PERIOD. Pete

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gloucester, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    Can't register home made guns, since there is no serial number. AndI agree that a mass civil protest would be required to demonstrate opposition to the un-Constitutional law.

    How about a compromise, if we are required to register all guns, then make ALL types of guns available to Americans, without special tax stamps and further background checks. Just an idea.

  16. #16
    Regular Member 2a4all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newport News, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,586

    Post imported post

    Pagan wrote:
    Can't register home made guns, since there is no serial number. AndI agree that a mass civil protest would be required to demonstrate opposition to the un-Constitutional law.

    How about a compromise, if we are required to register all guns, then make ALL types of guns available to Americans, without special tax stamps and further background checks. Just an idea.
    Would this include persons currently prohibited from owning guns (e.g. felons, mentally ill, etc.)?
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

    Member VCDL, NRA

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gloucester, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    As background checks are already required for FFL sales, that is really a non issue. But the lawful right to own NFA restricted items without special tax stamps or special permission from the local fuzz, would be a huge step in the right direction, and since those items would not be restricted then anybody could simply build their own and hence thwart registrationsince no SN are required for homemade guns. Those guns just remain forever yours, never to transfer ownership.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Huck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Evanston, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    647

    Post imported post

    Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on April 7 acknowledged that gun registration is on her agenda, days after Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that theSecondAmmendment would not "stand in the way"of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.
    Canthey say TREASON any louder?

    Furthermore, I could'nt care less about Mexico's problems. We have enough problemshere caused by Mexico, about 20 million of them. (Illegals)

    III




    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •