• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nancy Pelosi calls for gun registration.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Pelosi-We-Want-Registration-bw-14883186.html

BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on April 7 acknowledged that gun registration is on her agenda, days after Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that the Second Amendment would not “stand in the way” of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.

“These are alarming remarks from Speaker Pelosi and Attorney General Holder,” said Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb. “It appears that the Obama administration and Capitol Hill anti-gunners have dropped all pretences about their plans for gun owners’ rights, and it looks like the gloves are coming off.”

Pelosi’s revelation came during an interview on ABC’s Good Morning, America. While insisting that Congress “never denied” the gun rights of American Citizens, Pelosi told Roberts, “We want them registered. We don’t want them crossing state lines…” Gottlieb noted that citizens’ rights do not stop at state lines.

“But that doesn’t really matter,” he observed. “History has shown that around the world, registration has always led to confiscation.”

In Mexico, according to the Wall Street Journal, Holder was asked if the administration might encounter constitutional issues as it tries to crack down on alleged gun trafficking. His response: “I don’t think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of efforts we have begun and will expand upon.”

“These comments belie administration promises and Democrat rhetoric that party leaders respect the rights of law-abiding Americans to own the firearm of their choice,” Gottlieb said. “They imposed registration of semi-autos in Pelosi’s California and it led to a ban, but it certainly didn’t disarm criminals, like the convicted felon who killed four Oakland police officers last month. We know from Holder that the Obama administration wants to renew the nationwide ban on such firearms, but that won’t prevent crime, either.

“The administration and Congressional anti-gunners have declared war on gun rights,” Gottlieb said. “The press seems deliberately blind to the statements from Pelosi and Holder, who blame our gun rights for their incompetence in dealing with crime. More than 90 million gun owners haven’t hurt anybody, and they are tired of being treated like criminals.”

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation’s oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 600,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

Code:
Second Amendment Foundation
Alan Gottlieb, 425-454-7012

SANDCREEK

imported post

Exactly WHAT "PRETENSES" is this article refering to ? No surprises here.
I recommend that Obama's Kenyan birth certificate and his Occidental College records be publicly "registered"-then we can entertain debate on firearms registration- which ain't going to happen either.

GWbiker

imported post

MousePrifeII wrote:
I can see it now.....

Homeowner hears men trying to break thru his front door and dials 911....

911 operator:"911 -- What is your emergency".

Homeowner:"I need the Police, right now. Men are trying to break into my house".

911 operator:"OK Sir, just relax. Sir, there is a charge of $500 for Police response calls for home invasion".

Homeowner:"What $500. OK, but hurry, they're coming thru the door".

911 operator:"Sir, will this charge be on Visa or Master Card".

YllwFvr

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
MousePrifeII wrote:
I can see it now.....

Homeowner:"I need the Police, right now. Men are trying to break into my house".

911 operator:"OK Sir, just relax. Sir, there is a charge of $500 for Police response calls for home invasion".

LMAO. They would make a killing too. No pun intended.

A gun march would be a good idea, but is this in addition to the Million Gun owner rally next year?

suntzu

imported post

I call on all Americans to steadfastly refuse ANY attempt at registration, defacto or otherwise.

I also call on ALL freedom loving Americans to write your reps and let the cry go out that trying to abort the Constitution or the rights guaranteed to us--and that we the PEOPLE absolutely and unequivocally REFUSE to abrogate our rights in the name of Mexico or anyone else--not one right, not ever.

suntzu

imported post

YllwFvr wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
MousePrifeII wrote:
I can see it now.....

LMAO. They would make a killing too. No pun intended.

A gun march would be a good idea, but is this in addition to the Million Gun owner rally next year?
the gun owner rally should be sooner rather than later....wait too long and it will be too late.

spy1

imported post

Even should gun registration become required by "law", the answer is total civil disobedience.

Not a single gun owner in America should comply - PERIOD. Pete

Pagan

imported post

Can't register home made guns, since there is no serial number. AndI agree that a mass civil protest would be required to demonstrate opposition to the un-Constitutional law.

How about a compromise, if we are required to register all guns, then make ALL types of guns available to Americans, without special tax stamps and further background checks. Just an idea.

2a4all

imported post

Pagan wrote:
Can't register home made guns, since there is no serial number. AndI agree that a mass civil protest would be required to demonstrate opposition to the un-Constitutional law.

How about a compromise, if we are required to register all guns, then make ALL types of guns available to Americans, without special tax stamps and further background checks. Just an idea.
Would this include persons currently prohibited from owning guns (e.g. felons, mentally ill, etc.)?

Pagan

imported post

As background checks are already required for FFL sales, that is really a non issue. But the lawful right to own NFA restricted items without special tax stamps or special permission from the local fuzz, would be a huge step in the right direction, and since those items would not be restricted then anybody could simply build their own and hence thwart registration:cool:since no SN are required for homemade guns. Those guns just remain forever yours, never to transfer ownership.

Huck

imported post

Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on April 7 acknowledged that gun registration is on her agenda, days after Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that theSecondAmmendment would not "stand in the way"of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.

Canthey say TREASON any louder?

Furthermore, I could'nt care less about Mexico's problems. We have enough problemshere caused by Mexico, about 20 million of them. (Illegals)

III