• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gov. Timmy's Dangerous ID Compliance Amendments Defeated!!!!

Thundar

imported post

[align=center] [/align]
[align=left]April 9, 2009[/align]

[align=left]Dear Advocate of Liberty,[/align]
[align=left]There was intense debate over the Governor's recommendations to amend SB 1046 into a Dangerous ID compliance bill.[/align]
[align=left]I just finished watching the debate.[/align]
[align=left]The Senate accepted the Governor's amendments on a straight party line vote, 21-19 with all 19 Republicans voting no.[/align]
[align=left]The House debate was intense. Even Bill Janis, who was an early opponent of our effort to Stop Dangerous ID, saw the danger. He argued brilliantly that agreeing to the Governor's amendments would cede all authority on the matter to the federal government in the future.[/align]
[align=left]Why?[/align]
[align=left]Because the amendments said that whatever the Feds did in the future would automatically become Virginia law.[/align]
[align=left]The House voted down the Governor's amendments 67 to 32. [/align]
[align=left]67 delegates said no to Governor Kaine's slavish support of federal control. [/align]
[align=left]Clearly, the House of Delegates is our only line of defense in the future against federal tyranny.[/align]
[align=left]Clearly, your emails and phone calls had an impact.[/align]
[align=left]Thank you.[/align]
[align=left]
For Liberty,[/align]
[align=left]Mike McHugh and Donna Holt[/align]
[align=left]Interim State Coordinators for Campaign for Liberty in Virginia
[/align]