Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC mayor to release anti-gun ad in Virginia

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

NEW YORK (AP) - New York's mayor and relatives of Virginia Tech massacre victims are releasing a new television ad next week urging the state to close a gun show loophole.

The second anniversary of the shooting is next Thursday.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will join victims' relatives in Arlington on Monday to release the ad.

It calls for Virginia to end a practice allowing what are called "occasional sellers" at gun shows to sell weapons without conducting background checks.

From WTOP

Post imported post

Where in Arlington is Bloomberg going to be?I think the mayor ought to meet me and my Swedish Mauser.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

I am off that day, would love to come and watch the circus!

Carl

Post imported post

Counter protest.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

As sent at http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/mayor.html

Dear Mayor:
    Dear Mayor:

I see you are sticking your nose into Virginia affairs again (NYC mayor to release anti-gun ad in Virginia (http://www.wtop.com/?nid=600&sid=1646955)). As a resident of Virginia, I respectfully ask you butt out. Since you are neither an elected official or a citizen of the Commonwealth of Virginia, your actions are unnecessary, unwelcome, and meddlesome.

Sincerely,
    xxxxx
    ---

Post imported post

Somebody needs to invite STEVE LAUER from Lauer custom weaponary, and we need to have signs that save I LOVE DURACOAT Painted in DURACOAT and that have the TECH logo and painted in bright colors GUNS Save LIVES.

Post imported post

I'm no where near NOVA but a nice large OC contingent would be nice, may get some media time. I hope Philip is going to be there....?

Post imported post

at least the assbag mayor missed the assembly session!

Post imported post

I think this odious carpetbagger isn't really aware of how repugnant he is to most traditional Virginians. When he ran his little "sting" operation here, the General Assembly was quick to pass a law that pointedly told him to "butt out" or he would be charged with a felony next time. That's pretty remarkable, and I applauded it. Also recall that he campaigned at the last minute for Devolites-Davis, the RINO who was sure she'd be re-elected, only to go down in flames. We can be pretty certain that her choice of (anti-gun) supporters cost her a lot of votes. So bring on your mawkish ads, Bloomy, and watch tens of thousands of Virginians feel the bile rising in ther throats as they watch. What an idiot !

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    I think this odious carpetbagger isn't really aware of how repugnant he is to most traditional Virginians. When he ran his little "sting" operation here, the General Assembly was quick to pass a law that pointedly told him to "butt out" or he would be charged with a felony next time. That's pretty remarkable, and I applauded it. Also recall that he campaigned at the last minute for Devolites-Davis, the RINO who was sure she'd be re-elected, only to go down in flames. We can be pretty certain that her choice of (anti-gun) supporters cost her a lot of votes. So bring on your mawkish ads, Bloomy, and watch tens of thousands of Virginians feel the bile rising in ther throats as they watch. What an idiot !
    dutch, where you been? Well put. Bad enough when the Feds try to do something like this but he has "zero" association with VA.

Post imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
    Counter protest.

I like that, a lot.

Where can we start sending billboard donations?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

curtiswr wrote:
    Bulldog1967 wrote:
    Counter protest.

I like that, a lot.

Where can we start sending billboard donations?
    That is awesome! Brutally honest! Sure to draw a response and reopen the dialog.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Folks, if you think for one second that the brady bunch and Bloomberg will host this event in a place where you can carry you'd be dead wrong. I have no idea where the event will be, however past experience shows the MMM learned its lesson concerning holding meetings in places open to the public. Expect this on private property, a church, or a school. Opposing views are not allowed to be heard in the gun control crowd, especially at their news conferences.

I'd love to ask the hypocrite mayor how many ARMED body guards he brought with him.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Thanks for the link, Sheriff. The antis comments... unbelievable.

Post imported post

I have found it's very tiring debating the anti-gun crowds. They don't need statistics, reasoning or rationale, just baseless accusations and erroneous data passed around as facts.

What gun show loophole anyway? I just sold a gun to a fellow the other day without going to a gun show or through a dealer. He showed me his concealed permit, I showed him mine, and we happily went our separate ways.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    Folks, if you think for one second that the brady bunch and Bloomberg will host this event in a place where you can carry you'd be dead wrong. I have no idea where the event will be, however past experience shows the MMM learned its lesson concerning holding meetings in places open to the public. Expect this on private property, a church, or a school. Opposing views are not allowed to be heard in the gun control crowd, especially at their news conferences.

I'd love to ask the hypocrite mayor how many ARMED body guards he brought with him.
    There ya go !!! Of course he's got a "good and sufficient" reason to have guns about his self. Not like you or me. Never the less it should be very easy to make him squirm.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:

Very good observation Naked. Empty holster (maybe with a plastic gun) anyone??? Or just perhaps CC, if you have a permit.

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    nakedshoplifter wrote:

Very good observation Naked. Empty holster (maybe with a plastic gun) anyone??? Or just perhaps CC, if you have a permit.
    Nep,

We are VIRGINIANS! We don't need to hide our weapons from a Yankee Carpetbagger like this *****! He has NO BUSINESS sticking his nose into our affairs! I say organize a huge contingent of REAL LEGALLY ARMED VIRGINIANS to confront this Yankee **** and force him to expose his (their) REAL agenda!

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    nakedshoplifter wrote:

Nep,

We are VIRGINIANS! We don't need to hide our weapons from a Yankee Carpetbagger like this *****! He has NO BUSINESS sticking his nose into our affairs! I say organize a huge contingent of REAL LEGALLY ARMED VIRGINIANS to confront this Yankee **** and force him to expose his (their) REAL agenda!

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!
    Don't get me wrong, I'd drive the five hours to go to that party! But like Naked said, the party will be on private property so they can control who shows up and with what. That's the law. And it's rightful. Now he has to be on public property to get there and to leave from there..... :^). He does have an argument in that guns bought in VA are showing up on the streets in NYC. BUT, the way he is going about dealing with this issue is horribly wrong. It's a Federal issue, and through the Feds is the way to deal with it. He's attacking it directly between NY and VA. That is wrong on so many levels. Someone needs to can his ass.

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    nakedshoplifter wrote:

Nep,

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!
    Don't get me wrong, I'd drive the five hours to go to that party!
    OK! Let's go! We can surround the "private" property and put our own people inside to confront this Carpetbagging *****!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    nakedshoplifter wrote:

Nep,

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!
    OK! Let's go! We can surround the "private" property and put our own people inside to confront this Carpetbagging *****!
    OK, when is this going to be again?? I have to make plans.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Let's tell that carpetbagger to keep his New York city thugs in New York!

Stafford County Sheriff's Office

NEWS RELEASE

DATE: April 10, 2009

ROBBERY SUSPECTS APPREHENDED

Stafford, Va.The Stafford County Sheriff's Office reports the arrest of three suspects in an armed robbery that took place at Cigarettes Unlimited, 712 Warrenton Road in Stafford , this morning, April 9, 2009. The three suspects are Ariel Peisahovish, age 25, of Holgate Street , Staten Island , New York , Vyacheslav Elentulch, age 24, of Brighton Beach , Brooklyn , New York and Dmitry Khavkin, age 26, of 1900 Ocean Avenue , Brooklyn , New York .

Each suspect has been charged with 2 Counts of Robbery, 2 Counts of the Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony and 1 Count of Abduction.

The Stafford County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call this morning at 7:56 reporting a robbery had just taken place. The caller told Dispatchers that the clerk at Cigarettes Unlimited store had been robbed at gun point and that three white males had left the scene in a white van with New York plates. The individual who called 911 (who was working in the suite next door) heard the clerk yelling after the suspects left. That individual came out of his business and spotted the van leaving the scene and was able to get a license plate number and relay that to the authorities. The suspects had locked the victim’s store and thrown the keys in the grass outside. The same employee from the business next door spotted the keys and unlocked the door to Cigarettes Unlimited. The victim, who was inside Cigarettes Unlimited, was secured to a chair with tape by the suspects. The suspects were in the store for over 30 minutes loading boxes of tobacco products in the van they were driving.

A lookout was issued describing the vehicle and the license plate number. Deputy Chris Armitage and Deputy Josh Truslow were on I- 95 north in anticipation that the suspects might use I- 95 as an escape route. Deputy Truslow spotted the vehicle on I- 95 north and he and Deputy Armitage fell in behind the van and made a felony stop, with back-up, at mile marker 150 north on I- 95. The suspects were taken into custody without incident.

The vehicle was searched and found in the van was a fully loaded 40 caliber hand gun and a fully loaded, pistol grip, 12 gauge shotgun. In addition, close to 1000 cartoons of cigarettes, having a value of $7,000.00, were also located in the van.

The victim was transported to Mary Washington Hospital as a precautionary measure. She was treated and released.

“This is just another example of citizens working hand in hand with the Sheriff’s Office to apprehend dangerous criminals,” states Sheriff Charles Jett. “Because of the witness’s willingness to get involved and the ability of the deputies to anticipate the actions of these criminals, the deputies were able to make a quick apprehension.”

Crime Solvers asks and encourages anyone with information in this case or any other crimes, to please call the Stafford County Crime Solvers at 540-659-2020 or Toll Free 1-866-493-1083. Remember that you do not have to give your name, just your information. If your information leads to an arrest or indictment, you could receive up to a $1,000.00 reward.

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    nakedshoplifter wrote:

Nep,

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!
    OK, when is this going to be again?? I have to make plans.
    me too.

Post imported post

I would like to protest peacfully this scumbag coming to our state to insult and degrade us.

Has anyone here ever participated in a demostration before? I have and there aresome very important things to be aware of,for our safety.

A properly organized protest would be very worth while, but strict codes of conduct should be followed to thwart anybody with the protesters getting arrested or causing the other side to have more "ammo" to use against the 2A. Seriously now, once you start taking to the streets, only those with the utmost in self control and have the very best legal conduct should be encouraged, especially with such a sensitive subject as our Rights are concerned, basically NO hot heads! IMO.

Post imported post

"1000 cartoons of cigarettes, having a value of $7,000.00"

HUH???

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast