• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NYC mayor to release anti-gun ad in Virginia

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NEW YORK (AP) - New York's mayor and relatives of Virginia Tech massacre victims are releasing a new television ad next week urging the state to close a gun show loophole.

The second anniversary of the shooting is next Thursday.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will join victims' relatives in Arlington on Monday to release the ad.

It calls for Virginia to end a practice allowing what are called "occasional sellers" at gun shows to sell weapons without conducting background checks.

From WTOP

Bulldog1967

imported post

Counter protest.

feelsafe.jpg

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member

rob99vmi04

imported post

Somebody needs to invite STEVE LAUER from Lauer custom weaponary, and we need to have signs that save I LOVE DURACOAT Painted in DURACOAT and that have the TECH logo and painted in bright colors GUNS Save LIVES.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think this odious carpetbagger isn't really aware of how repugnant he is to most traditional Virginians. When he ran his little "sting" operation here, the General Assembly was quick to pass a law that pointedly told him to "butt out" or he would be charged with a felony next time. That's pretty remarkable, and I applauded it. Also recall that he campaigned at the last minute for Devolites-Davis, the RINO who was sure she'd be re-elected, only to go down in flames. We can be pretty certain that her choice of (anti-gun) supporters cost her a lot of votes. So bring on your mawkish ads, Bloomy, and watch tens of thousands of Virginians feel the bile rising in ther throats as they watch. What an idiot !

Neplusultra

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
I think this odious carpetbagger isn't really aware of how repugnant he is to most traditional Virginians. When he ran his little "sting" operation here, the General Assembly was quick to pass a law that pointedly told him to "butt out" or he would be charged with a felony next time. That's pretty remarkable, and I applauded it. Also recall that he campaigned at the last minute for Devolites-Davis, the RINO who was sure she'd be re-elected, only to go down in flames. We can be pretty certain that her choice of (anti-gun) supporters cost her a lot of votes. So bring on your mawkish ads, Bloomy, and watch tens of thousands of Virginians feel the bile rising in ther throats as they watch. What an idiot !
dutch, where you been? Well put. Bad enough when the Feds try to do something like this but he has "zero" association with VA.

IanB

imported post

Folks, if you think for one second that the brady bunch and Bloomberg will host this event in a place where you can carry you'd be dead wrong. I have no idea where the event will be, however past experience shows the MMM learned its lesson concerning holding meetings in places open to the public. Expect this on private property, a church, or a school. Opposing views are not allowed to be heard in the gun control crowd, especially at their news conferences.

I'd love to ask the hypocrite mayor how many ARMED body guards he brought with him.

Sheriff

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
I'd love to ask the hypocrite mayor how many ARMED body guards he brought with him.
Somebody needs to put him on the spot and ask how many firearms he and his family members own.

Chuckles

imported post

I have found it's very tiring debating the anti-gun crowds. They don't need statistics, reasoning or rationale, just baseless accusations and erroneous data passed around as facts.

What gun show loophole anyway? I just sold a gun to a fellow the other day without going to a gun show or through a dealer. He showed me his concealed permit, I showed him mine, and we happily went our separate ways.

Neplusultra

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Folks, if you think for one second that the brady bunch and Bloomberg will host this event in a place where you can carry you'd be dead wrong. I have no idea where the event will be, however past experience shows the MMM learned its lesson concerning holding meetings in places open to the public. Expect this on private property, a church, or a school. Opposing views are not allowed to be heard in the gun control crowd, especially at their news conferences.

There ya go !!! Of course he's got a "good and sufficient" reason to have guns about his self. Not like you or me. Never the less it should be very easy to make him squirm.

Neplusultra

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:

Very good observation Naked. Empty holster (maybe with a plastic gun) anyone??? Or just perhaps CC, if you have a permit.

ODA 226

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:

Very good observation Naked. Empty holster (maybe with a plastic gun) anyone??? Or just perhaps CC, if you have a permit.

Nep,

We are VIRGINIANS! We don't need to hide our weapons from a Yankee Carpetbagger like this prick! He has NO BUSINESS sticking his nose into our affairs! I say organize a huge contingent of REAL LEGALLY ARMED VIRGINIANS to confront this Yankee turd and force him to expose his (their) REAL agenda!

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!