Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: MALLS THAT ARE NO GUN ZONES

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    23

    Post imported post

    IF A MALL OR STORE HAS A NO GUN ZONE DOES THIS APPLY TO CCW HOLDERS, BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A WEAPON? I COULD SEE IF YOU WANTED TO CARRY OPENLY THAT YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO GO THERE. BUT IS IT OK FOR CCW?

    KAISER-MAN MODESTO, CA



  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    64

    Post imported post

    try a different door, seems like most malls only place that sigh on one or a couple of the doors.

    seems to also vary by store in the mall

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    KAISER-MAN wrote:
    IF A MALL OR STORE HAS A NO GUN ZONE DOES THIS APPLY TO CCW HOLDERS, BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A WEAPON? I COULD SEE IF YOU WANTED TO CARRY OPENLY THAT YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO GO THERE. BUT IS IT OK FOR CCW?

    KAISER-MAN MODESTO, CA

    Legally, yes it does apply to CCW holders, too, however it is near impossible to inforce against CC, if the carriers conceal their weapons well. OC'ers are the ones that get spotted quickly, for obvious reasons.

  4. #4
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    958

    Post imported post

    Since our major shopping malls in Arizona are posted against OC and CC even with a permit, a Beretta 21A in an Uncle Mike Sidekick #1 pocket holster can be a pleasant companion for a day of shopping.

    Of course it's not legal....

  5. #5
    Regular Member Springfield45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    299

    Post imported post

    Depends where you are located, here in Pennsylvania, those signs do not carry any legal weight, they are meaningless. However, when asked leave for violating, one must follow directions unless he/she wants a criminal trespass charge...

    ~~Springfield

  6. #6
    Regular Member PikesPeakMtnMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    426

    Post imported post

    Springfield45 wrote:
    Depends where you are located, here in Pennsylvania, those signs do not carry any legal weight, they are meaningless. However, when asked leave for violating, one must follow directions unless he/she wants a criminal trespass charge...

    ~~Springfield
    Colorado law is the same.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    1,877

    Post imported post

    GWbiker,

    ...or a 21-A in a Uncle Mike's Sidekick Ankle Holster (Size 10) wearing (preferably) boot-cut jeans. A Beretta 3032 will fit just fine also.

    No metal detectors? No problem!

    -- John D.


    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

  8. #8
    Regular Member GLOCKMAN40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    All the malls here in Indiana that are owned by the Simon Brothers are "NO GUNS ALLOWED" Malls
    " A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State,
    The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed ".

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    64

    Post imported post

    when will they learn... im sure every person who decided to shoot up a mall was like hey... theres a no gun sign, crap I better go to that other mall....

    NOT!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sandy Springs, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    263

    Post imported post

    GWbiker wrote:
    Since our major shopping malls in Arizona are posted against OC and CC even with a permit, a Beretta 21A in an Uncle Mike Sidekick #1 pocket holster can be a pleasant companion for a day of shopping.

    Of course it's not legal....
    Is it illegal or simply against policy? Would you be arrested and prosecuted if you were found to be armed or would you just be asked to leave?

  11. #11
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    958

    Post imported post

    smash29 wrote:
    GWbiker wrote:
    Since our major shopping malls in Arizona are posted against OC and CC even with a permit, a Beretta 21A in an Uncle Mike Sidekick #1 pocket holster can be a pleasant companion for a day of shopping.

    Of course it's not legal....
    Is it illegal or simply against policy? Would you be arrested and prosecuted if you were found to be armed or would you just be asked to leave?
    It is illegal. AZCDL tried to change the law recently with legislation to fix the problem. Bill made it thru the House and the Senate but ex governor Nanny Nappy nixed the idea.

    If seen OC a gun, being asked to leave and escorted outside by mall ninjas is the usual play. Armed individual *must* then leave or face charge of trespass by Police.

    Major malls in Tucson have interconnect with Sears, Macy's, Dillards, etc. Entrance ways from department store into mall is *not* posted. It's the Mall major entrances posted with a Code of Conduct menu. Weapons ban is listed deep in the menu.

    Of course if you CC and don't see any signs................

    BTW, many Arizona malls are owned/operated by a concern headquartered in Chicago................which has a total gun ban.



  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    460

    Post imported post

    Doesn't matter to me. I prefer not to spend my money at such places anyway, and I am happy to report that I have lived long enough to watch a number of them go out of business.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sneads Ferry, ,
    Posts
    189

    Post imported post

    +1 on that. The local mall posted when NC passed their cc law and allowed business to opt out by posting. 9 years and counting and I haven't spent a dime there and haven't missed it nor been deprived of one thing.

  14. #14
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    958

    Post imported post

    We have two Tucson malls that just announced bankruptcy proceedings. Both are owned by a Sheet-Cago concern and both are posted "No weapons" at main entrances. Unarmed mall ninjas will escort anyone being spotted OC to parking lot.

    I don't shop at either one.


  15. #15
    Regular Member VAopencarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The 'Dena, Mаяуlaпd
    Posts
    2,147

    Post imported post

    GWbiker wrote:
    smash29 wrote:
    GWbiker wrote:
    Since our major shopping malls in Arizona are posted against OC and CC even with a permit, a Beretta 21A in an Uncle Mike Sidekick #1 pocket holster can be a pleasant companion for a day of shopping.

    Of course it's not legal....
    Is it illegal or simply against policy? Would you be arrested and prosecuted if you were found to be armed or would you just be asked to leave?
    It is illegal. AZCDL tried to change the law recently with legislation to fix the problem. Bill made it thru the House and the Senate but ex governor Nanny Nappy nixed the idea.

    If seen OC a gun, being asked to leave and escorted outside by mall ninjas is the usual play. Armed individual *must* then leave or face charge of trespass by Police.

    Major malls in Tucson have interconnect with Sears, Macy's, Dillards, etc. Entrance ways from department store into mall is *not* posted. It's the Mall major entrances posted with a Code of Conduct menu. Weapons ban is listed deep in the menu.

    Of course if you CC and don't see any signs................

    BTW, many Arizona malls are owned/operated by a concern headquartered in Chicago................which has a total gun ban.

    GW, if this is the case then it is against policy NOT the law. If it was 'illegal' you would be arrested for carrying. Refusing to leave the premises/trespassing is a charge that has nothing to do with guns. You can be asked to leave the premises for a number of reasons.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

  16. #16
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    958

    Post imported post

    VAopencarry wrote:
    GW, if this is the case then it is against policy NOT the law. If it was 'illegal' you would be arrested for carrying. Refusing to leave the premises/trespassing is a charge that has nothing to do with guns. You can be asked to leave the premises for a number of reasons
    You're correct. I just reread AZ gun law 13-1502. An armed person would simply be asked to leave (policy) but if they refused then (illegal) summoned Police could charge that person with trespass.

    Going armed into a tavern which sells alcohol by the drink in Arizona would be illegal.

  17. #17
    Regular Member GLOCKMAN40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    gnsGWbiker wrote:
    VAopencarry wrote:
    GW, if this is the case then it is against policy NOT the law. If it was 'illegal' you would be arrested for carrying. Refusing to leave the premises/trespassing is a charge that has nothing to do with guns. You can be asked to leave the premises for a number of reasons
    You're correct. I just reread AZ gun law 13-1502. An armed person would simply be asked to leave (policy) but if they refused then (illegal) summoned Police could charge that person with trespass.

    Going armed into a tavern which sells alcohol by the drink in Arizona would be illegal.
    Here in Indiana, you will also be asked to leave if they find out you have a weapon on you , but the signs however have no powers at all , they are put up just to let you know that they don't want you in with a weapon, Also here in Indiana you can go into places like " BW3'S, OUTBACKS, OR FRIDAYS,Where they serve alcohol and be fine ,you may not drink any alcohol of anykind at the bar in the bar area or at your seat where you are eatting lunch or dinner if you are armed with a firearm, it is illegal if you do."DON'T MIX DRINKING WITH GUNS---NEVER "
    " A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State,
    The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed ".

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    boise, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    53

    Post imported post

    Well here in boise idaho the mall is a no gun zone, but i dont have a choice as to whether i go ther or not sence i work at the foot locker in the mall. If i didnt work there then i would never step foot in that mall.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •