• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

20/20 anti gun show on tonight 10.00pm

EM87

imported post

I happened to be watching that as well. It's too bad that they didn't talk at all about the everyday citizen exercising gun rights.

WARCHILD

imported post

A... All
B... Bulls**t
C... Commentary

They have always had anti-gun, extremely biased and half-truth info in their programs. I sent them an email after their joke of a program they called "Guns in America". It should have been titled "Guns-N-Gangbangers". Of course I never got an answer...no surprise. I don't bother to even watch their show anymore.

conservative85

imported post

Controversies in American politics andsociety. & More Guns Less Crime. Two good reads. The first cites that Approx. 2.45 million crimes are thwarted by average citizens with fire arms each year. Most of those were thwarted with out a shot fired.

John Lotts book More guns less crime backs up the theory that armed citizens are more capable ofpreventing crimes than law enforcement. In my humble opinion cops are nothing more than Historians w/guns

SQLtables

imported post

I just watched the broadcast online... TERRIBLE! I hate how worked up I get about garbage like this. It was slightly refreshing to see the majority of the comments (at least the first page) were calling this crap out.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Yes, it was crap. I sat there wondering how many police officers would react the same as the people in the video. They seem to be arguing that Police Officers have so much training that they would be able to react appropriately to the scenarios as they were presented. In fact, the difficulty of some of the participants to actually get their handgun out from under their clothing seemed to be making a strong argument for "open carry". But no, the reporters just talk endlessly that police officers are trained to react immediately. Where was the filming of the supposed "trained officers" in the report. Perhaps the police would not do as well as the reporter or Ms Sawyer thinks they would.

The bias of the reporter and Dianne Sawyer was definitely obvious. In the final video, both the reporter and Ms Sawyer state that research showing that citizens carrying firearms do make a difference is "flawed"; I assume they are referring to the research by Lott and Kleck. If they understood how research is actually done, they would know that their statements are ludicrous. Overall, this series is a prime example of "media bias": Journalism at its worst.

autosurgeon

imported post

All I can say is those people don't practice much... I don't have problems drawing from under clothing... but OC is easier of course:p

You have to train how you carry and do it often for it to work... One of the true problems is that many people go to the range a couple times a year and think that is enough. Also if they only shoot at an indoor range and never get formal training or compete.. IDPA, USPSA, Etc. then they never learn how to properly present a pistol in a real world environment. However the 2A does not make distinction.. as with many things it is up the indevidual on how ready they will be.. The other problem is the liberals IE gun grabbers are of the mindset on everything that everyone either needs to have the exact same chance in life or none at all.....:banghead:

As I stress at my local range where I am one of the range officers. Train as you live and train a often as you can afford.. If you cannot afford to shoot as much as you like get some snap caps and practice drawing dry firing at least several times per week. Go jogging or ride you bike and then while you heart rate is high practice drawing and dry fireing... and last shoot as often as you can afford and if possible shoot on the move at silloutes not bullseye targets as then your mind will be mre ready when d-day arrives ifit does for you!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

HOW BIASED can you get. You have the firearm instructor as the attacker and he knowswho the person with the gunis and where his is sitting. He singles him out and shoots him.

I'm sure that a real attacker will be focused on his intended target(s) and will be surging with Adrenalin as well. CRAP and more CRAP. It would have been better to have an untrained student play the attacker, give them a gun and have them target the instructor.

Would it be better if no one had a gun and the killer was freeto shoot at his leisure? Come on.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Don't forget about the one point they asked the NRA to reply to but they wouldn't!That was the only oportunity they allowed for rebuttle!

Cowboy5995

imported post

You think this was the only terrible recent biased new report. Anyone catch the interview between Katie Couric and Attorney Gen. Holder?

Katie:Is it true that most democrats are getting chummy with the NRA because of campaign contributions and because no one wants to rile them up? Is it ture you were told to back off?

Holder: I want to work with the NRA for sensible gun control.

Katie also continued to say that 90% of the guns in the Mexico vs drug Cartel were from the US despite it being denounced weeks ago. She also said that corruption has infiltrated almost all of Mexico's LEOs.

T Vance

imported post

Cowboy5995 wrote:
Katie also continued to say that 90% of the guns in the Mexico vs drug Cartel were from the US despite it being denounced weeks ago.

Really? Because I caught Obama's live presentation with the President of Mexico. The AWB came up, and the President of Mexico said that 90% of the guns were from the USA. When I heard that number I though it was BS.

T Vance

imported post

Venator wrote:
HOW BIASED can you get. You have the firearm instructor as the attacker and he knowswho the person with the gunis and where his is sitting. He singles him out and shoots him.

I'm sure that a real attacker will be focused on his intended target(s) and will be surging with Adrenalin as well. CRAP and more CRAP. It would have been better to have an untrained student play the attacker, give them a gun and have them target the instructor.

Would it be better if no one had a gun and the killer was freeto shoot at his leisure? Come on.

I thought the exact same thing. They would walk in, shoot the person teaching the class, then happen to aim right for the person who happened to be the only one with a gun in the class.

How about the shirts they gave them to wear that helped prohibit them drawing their firearm properly. They were LONG AND KIND OF TIGHT, and each student had to wear that.

As far as the "gun show loophole", there was the guy who sold him a gun without seeing his ID and just charged him an extra $100...this is what the criminals would do even if there weren't gun shows.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

T Vance wrote:
Venator wrote:

I thought the exact same thing. They would walk in, shoot the person teaching the class, then happen to aim right for the person who happened to be the only one with a gun in the class.

How about the shirts they gave them to wear that helped prohibit them drawing their firearm properly. They were LONG AND KIND OF TIGHT, and each student had to wear that.

As far as the "gun show loophole", there was the guy who sold him a gun without seeing his ID and just charged him an extra $100...this is what the criminals would do even if there weren't gun shows.
Don't forget the Frigging gloves and helmets too. Not to many students I know wear bulky helmets and stiff gloves. They staked that deck but good