Thread: my gf is getting this for me

Post imported post

So my girlfriend is getting me a NIB taurus pt 1911 due tone as well as some punisher grips for it. Im so excited i can hardly wait for it.:celebrate

Post imported post

These are the grips to go with it.

Post imported post

Man, I need a GF like that! Great gift!

Post imported post

I wish my g/f would buy me guns.

The Taurus is a nice weapon. my roommate/ best friend has a Stainless PT1911 and in the 1750 rounds through it he has had zero problems. I do recommend you get a new hammer with out the lock in it. Most problems I have seen with the Taurus 1911 are what you see with others 1911s and are easily fixed by going to a good smith instead of sending it back to Taurus for a long waiting period.

Congrats on the new gun!!!

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    Man, I need a GF like that! Great gift!
    +1 Does she have a sister ??

Post imported post

lol she has 2 actually lol. she says that she is getting it for me because she loves me and wants to make me happy, so it will go good with my glock 17 i guess.

Post imported post

So what did you get her?

Post imported post

I got the PT1911Ar, you'll love it. It's like getting a Kimber for half-price. Well, free, for you...

I've yet to find a woman that decent. Then again, I still live in Whorida...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    I got the PT1911Ar, you'll love it.* It's like getting a Kimber for half-price.* Well, free, for you...
    IDK about getting a Kimber at half-price. There is a big difference between my Kimber and my roommates Taurus in terms of fit, finish, accuracy and parts not getting loose over time and having to constantly be checked. It does go bang every time though, so in that way it is just like my Kimber.

The Taurus is a fantastic entry level 1911. No doubt about that, but to say it's a half price Kimber is just fooling yourself.

Post imported post

Vandal wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    I got the PT1911Ar, you'll love it. It's like getting a Kimber for half-price. Well, free, for you...
    IDK about getting a Kimber at half-price. There is a big difference between my Kimber and my roommates Taurus in terms of fit, finish, accuracy and parts not getting loose over time and having to constantly be checked. It does go bang every time though, so in that way it is just like my Kimber.

The Taurus is a fantastic entry level 1911. No doubt about that, but to say it's a half price Kimber is just fooling yourself.
    Well, maybe I cannot vouch for all specimens, but with over 15 years of 1911s under my belt, I stand by my statement.

I had my doubts about the Taurus 1911s when they first came around, I hated everything else Taurus made. I suppose there can be a Lemon in any manufacturer's run... But I've yet to see the specimen from Taurus' 1911 line that did not measure up to a Kimber. I bet even Kimber screws up from time to time, too. But I haven't seen either........yet.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

You sir present a good argument. I do like both guns, My roommate's Taurus is a lot of fun to shoot. I am just partial to my Kimber because, well, it's mine