• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another OC question

me812

imported post

Just got an email from som dude from the site i posted my taurus for sale on, man claimed to be a police officer he said "Its because of punks like you that we have to worry about our safety, and its becasue of you that police officers have to watch out and be even more careful, and you should rot in jail for carrying a gun that you bought ILLEGALLY through this "private party" "
dude was nuts, out of no where. He didnt believe a person under 21 could buy a handgun legally, no matter where they got it.

It seems to be a common misconception that one must be 21 to purchase a handgun via private sale. A while back, I had a handgun for sale on some site and specified in the ad that the buyer had to be over 18. Anyway, some idiot emailed me ranting about how what I was doing was illegal and a person had to be 21 for me to sell them a handgun. Maybe it was the same guy who emailed you.

Jarod44588

imported post

wouldnt doubt it.
i gave the guy this sites URL, but he just continued to write me bad emails calling me stupid saying im going to get arrested etc etc.

me812

imported post

i gave the guy this sites URL, but he just continued to write me bad emails calling me stupid saying im going to get arrested etc etc.

lol. Yeah, that sounds like the same guy that emailed me.

Jarod44588

imported post

Ha now he is telling me hes going to send all my emails to DPS.
i was like, uhh ok? have fun wiht that.

curtm1911

imported post

To Quote Bugs Bunny; "What a Maroon":celebrate

Sounds like this guy chases parked cars to give speeding tickets too....take that for what it is worth...........lol

Jarod44588

imported post

For real.
Dude is crazy i guess. Wont stop emailing me now.
with awesome hotmail you cant block people either :(

me812

imported post

For real.
Dude is crazy i guess. Wont stop emailing me now.
with awesome hotmail you cant block people either

Yes, you can. Go to your inbox and click "options" in the upper right hand corner. A menu will pop down. On the menu, click "more options." On the page that that takes you to, click "safe and blocked senders" under "junk e-mail." On the page that that takes you to, click "blocked senders." On the page that that takes you to, put this jackass's email addy in the field and click the button that says "add to list."