• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another OC question

Jarod44588

imported post

Got a new ruger p94, traded my weapon for it. I was given a 20 rnd extended mag for it, just wondering if anyone has OCd while using an extended mag? I have tried it out already for reliability and works flawlessly, so does anyone have any advice on the matter? Pros, cons LAWS, etc. Any info would be great

me812

imported post

Got a new ruger p94, traded my weapon for it. I was given a 20 rnd extended mag for it, just wondering if anyone has OCd while using an extended mag? I have tried it out already for reliability and works flawlessly, so does anyone have any advice on the matter? Pros, cons LAWS, etc. Any info would be great

There are no limits on the number of rounds you can carry. However, IMO, those extended mags are a bit silly as the vast majority of personal defense situations will be over before you empty a standard-capacity magazine. I actually carry a six-shot revolver with no reload and I do not feel undergunned in any way.

P.S. Getting a Ruger for your Taurus was a great deal. I'd trade any Taurus for any Ruger any day of the week.

Jarod44588

imported post

That is one thing i took into consideration. But i still love me some extended mags. :D
But yea i see what you mean, although 20 rnds is nice to have, like the saying goes, better to have it and not need it then need it not have it.

Really? Thought it was a bit shy of a good deal but as long as its a good deal im happy. Just didnt know anything bout taurus, some say good guns, some say POS guns, but ruger ive always heard they are built like tanks, which is good because im rough on guns

GWbiker

imported post

Jarod44588 wrote:
I think you did OK with the P94. It's a better model than the P85 and P89, both had some issues. (recall)

Clean, grease the rails, shoot, repeat.....:cool:

Jarod44588

imported post

I agree. A man has now offered me a GSG 5 22 cal, looks like an mp5 k, is a ruger p94 worth trading for it? Hes like gung ho about a straight up trade?

GWbiker

imported post

Jarod44588 wrote:
I agree. A man has now offered me a GSG 5 22 cal, looks like an mp5 k, is a ruger p94 worth trading for it? Hes like gung ho about a straight up trade?
Is it a .22LR?? Nearly ALL small bore RIMFIRE guns that I've used/owned in the past 40 years had issues with FTF, EXCEPT Beretta rifle, handguns 950B, 21A and the 70 series.

I would avoid anything else.

Sure he's eager to trade.......what does that tell you...:uhoh:

me812

imported post

but ruger ive always heard they are built like tanks

You heard right. In reloading manuals, some of the hottest loads are marked "Ruger only." There is a reason for that.

I own a couple Rugers myself and am a big fan of them.

Jarod44588

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
Jarod44588 wrote:
Is it a .22LR?? Nearly ALL small bore RIMFIRE guns that I've used/owned in the past 40 years had issues with FTF, EXCEPT Beretta rifle, handguns 950B, 21A and the 70 series.

He told me its in great condition, only a few hundred rounds through it, etc, comes with lots of stuff. So just kinda making me wonder

GWbiker

imported post

Jarod44588 wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
Jarod44588 wrote:

He told me its in great condition, only a few hundred rounds through it, etc, comes with lots of stuff. So just kinda making me wonder
I'll bet he's also willing to sell you a bridge that runs from Brooklyn to NYC??

READ what people here are trying to tell you:banghead:

FogRider

imported post

me812 wrote:
but ruger ive always heard they are built like tanks

You heard right. In reloading manuals, some of the hottest loads are marked "Ruger only." There is a reason for that.

I own a couple Rugers myself and am a big fan of them.
One of the reasons I ended up deciding on a GP100 is so I can shoot the hot loads my dad my dad makes for his.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

There'as no reason for an extended mag 'cept for wow/wtf factor and to get it hung up on stuff. Why wouldyou want a .22 anythingfor a carry gun?

Jarod44588

imported post

i dont know about that, i see people OC with 2 mags, same thing but in an all in one package, and it doesnt get hung up on stuff, so far, nbut i guess time will tell how that goes.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I carry two mags but not all the roundsin one stick.Besides... it looks like Rambo wannabe.

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

The MP5 look alike you are speaking of I purchased from Scottsdale Gun Club. It is a fun gun to shoot...but it is a .22. After common sense hit me in the head, I sold it to someone else. It is a fun plinker gun, yes. Is it a nice looking gun, sure....But not worth the money.

Jarod44588

imported post

Yea i told the guy im not interested, i need a gun to defend mysel;f with, not one to look super cool and shoot at them tin cans.

curtm1911

imported post

.22 can shooter semi auto rifle: Simple answer to the $64,000 question..............Here is that name again, Ruger 10/22 and you can get larger capacity magazines for it, lots of other "Look Cool" goodies too. No problems ever with mine, and I have run many thousands of rounds through it. Shoot, Clean, Repeat Often.

BTW, I will buy a Ruger Revolver over any other make just because they are tanks, and mine have sweet triggers too. Maybe I am just lucky, but that is how it is. Love my MKII 22/45 too and my 10/22MAGNUM, got a good one there too, The Firearm Gods have always seemed to Bless me, I now pay Homage to them, and also the places I buy my ammo............Shoot Often and Share Your Sport/Fun with others.

Jarod44588

imported post

Used to have a 10/22, nice gun. Liked it alot but needed something with a bit more power XD

Just got an email from som dude from the site i posted my taurus for sale on, man claimed to be a police officer he said "Its because of punks like you that we have to worry about our safety, and its becasue of you that police officers have to watch out and be even more careful, and you should rot in jail for carrying a gun that you bought ILLEGALLY through this "private party" "
dude was nuts, out of no where. He didnt believe a person under 21 could buy a handgun legally, no matter where they got it.

Stupid is a disease and its spreading like the black plague.:cuss:

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

Personally I would find it hard to believe it was a police officer in Arizona.

sig.jpg

http://www.arizonadefensegroup.com