• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive encounter with Dona Ana Cnty Deputy

fighting_for_freedom

imported post

Correction: I know the law, and I know how to apply it. My father was a cop, my brother is a cop, and I'm looking at joining law enforcement. Hit and run is a crime, and as they hit my car and then took off again, they committed a crime. Possession of narcotics is a crime, and while I personally believe that marijuana is a harmless drug, the other, heavier drugs aren't so harmless. As they sped down my street every day, I couldn't just sit by and let them kill somebody.

Freedom, per the Constitution, is in regards to our enumerated rights. If you want speeding and possession of narcotics to be a right, then get it added on. A freedom must not encroach upon another's freedom, such as the right to self-preservation.

As others here have stated, if they wanted to drag race then they could've done it on a track or a back road.

I fight for Constitutional freedoms. I don't give a damn about anything else.

If somebody is endandering my family, they are encroaching upond my Constitutional rights. Should I just wait until they kill somebody? Think again.

Edit: 45 in a 25 is speeding. 80 in a 25 is just downright careless and dangerous. I don't really care about speeding. It's when it becomes a threat to human life that I become concerned.

fighting_for_freedom

imported post

Unfortunately for you, neither of the situations you presented create a viable danger for my family. It's not until a reasonable action is committed that it may become a danger. And I have never shot at anybody, nor do I ever want to have to. I use the least amount of force necessary to negate a threat. There are times I've simply told a person to stop whatever it was they were doing. I'd already tried stopping the punks that were speeding to talk to them. Didn't work - they almost ran me over.

So we're all supposed to sit back and let the world walk all over us? I prefer to leave people alone. But when their coming dangerously close to killing somebody, I cannot in all good concience sit back and watch.

fighting_for_freedom

imported post

Reasonable judgement is the key here. If I was walking around with my pistol in my hand, I wouldn't blame somebody who held me at gunpoint and removed my weapon. But some people just can't reason.

And let me guess: You'd rather we had no cops, right?