• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABC 20/20 Show "If I Only Had A Gun"

thirdwatch2007

imported post

Hi,

I was wondering what other people were thinking about after seeing last night on ABC's 20/20 "If I Only Had A Gun". Also Dose anyone know of any course / training offered in the state simmiler to what was shown in the show? Thank you all for your time.

hammer6

imported post

thirdwatch2007 wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering what other people were thinking about after seeing last night on ABC's 20/20 "If I Only Had A Gun". Also Dose anyone know of any course / training offered in the state simmiler to what was shown in the show? Thank you all for your time.

i almost vomited. and that was after just 20 minutes, at which time i had to shut it off.

a few comments. and this is basically just brainstorming- no specific order.

the first kid that they had in the room with the surprise attack- he was told not to tell anyone that he had a gun. but he blurted it out in like 10 seconds. the kid had no common sense and no instincts. he tried to be a hero but forgot his gun was UNDER his shirt.

the people they picked to be the weapon holders in these "scenarios" had no experience with weapons (unless there was someone after the first 20 minutes). when i first got my first gun, i played with it CONSTANTLY (unloaded and no magazine inserted of course) until i could get to the point where my hand fits on there perfectly without thinking about it. and i don't wear huge gloves either- like they had these people wearing. at no point during my CWL class did my instructor tell us that once we were licensed, we had to be heroes, or get involved should a situation arise. if a guy comes in with a gun and starts shooting, the first thing i'm going to do is find cover and then decide what to do. i'm not going to fumble my gun and stand straight up in the middle of the room pointing a gun at his head only to hit his leg.

the whole scene with the college kids helpling clean the garage out was so dumb. these kids obviously were not in touch with reality- i mean- the kids takes a flashlight and looks down the barrel of the gun to see if it's loaded. he obviously had NEVER held a gun before. there's 300 million people in this country and they picked the most air headed out of touch 50 people they could find. i would have liked them to pick a couple CWL holders (maybe they did later- like i said i only watched the first 20 min.) who had like 5-7 years of experience.

and then that poor little 11-year old kid who killed his best friend by accident. he wishes obama would make everyone have a lock for every gun in the country. or just get rid of them. because his parents did make sure to tell him not to point a real gun at someone- nonetheless TOUCH ONE wihtout adult supervision. come on- my 6 year old knows that.

and finally- the 8 year old who was shooting the AK47. that's his dad's fault for putting more than 1 bullet in that gun. i mean COME ON. i've never shot an AR before, but i can pretty much assume that i wouldn't be able to let go after the first bullet fired my first time shooting the gun. i would assume that the RECOIL would be a lot more than i am used to handling, and would try it with 1 bullet so i can gage myself. and so i don't shoot myself in the face.

that's all for now. if i watch the rest of it on HULU, maybe i'll post more. who knows. i'm assuming it's on HULU.