• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave Best Buy in Jackson

Kimberguy

imported post

No_guns_allowed.gif

Rogue9er

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Please tell me that you took that picture with a camera that you bought elsewhere rather than at the store...

If so you definitely need to send that to corporate, and tell them where you spent $200 or so to get the camera to take said picture.

maahes

imported post

The corporate office is now aware of the sign, they said they are looking into the matter, and apologized many times that I had such an experience.

They also told me "well I show lots of other Best Buys in your nearby towns". I explained that I was informed years ago that Best Buy had a Standard Operating Platform so that a customers experience is the same in every Best Buy you go into, so this one store is setting a precedent for all your other stores as they are making their own policy. How am I to know that another store will not turn around and say "your return policy is not valid here you need to take it to the store you purchased it at." They didn't have a response. :banghead:

And no I had to take the pic with my phone Im going to get the camera online most likely.

DanM

imported post

maahes wrote:
. . . They didn't have a response.
Why is it that so many times it seems we gun owners and carriers are the only ones present in a situation who possess the higher brain functions of reason and logic?

This is just a rhetorical question. I know it won't be answered any time soon, as so many other genetic deficiencies won't.

Kimberguy

imported post

I am sitting in front of best buy rite now and they have removed the no guns sign.... Let me know when you guys want to make a visit... I should like to buy a movie

maahes

imported post

Ill wait till I hear back from the GM and/or get something in writing as if I go back there without clarification it could constitute trespassing.

Giving that the sign is removed perhaps this is going in the right direction, I believe an info packet should be given to the general manager to be passed down to her staff so that way they can properly educate the sheeple when there are complaints.

mastiff69

imported post

I spoke with corporate today (cust relate ) what a joke this guy was, he asked me why i needed to carry a gun (DUH) he said that is corp policy that each store sets there on policy on guns, and that there general rule is no weapons allowed.
1-861-229-1100 Best Buy Corp Ph. No.
UPDATE***** Just spoke to Mr. Seng Xiong at Corporate is anExcusitive in Resolutions, Very nice guy, very much aprofessional, he said

Quote: WE follow the guidelines, & Lawsof each State....

Decoligny

imported post

maahes wrote:
Michigander wrote:
MI-copperhead wrote:
Amazing how stupid some of these store managers are.
I don't know that I'd call it stupidity, so much as never having been given a reason to know better.

I would call it stupid business practice. I had over $1000k in cash in my pocket that could have been spent in his store, and he didn't want my money. And this store isn't doing well either, they just went through a "restructure" and removed a bunch of positions and let a bunch of people go. Obviously they didn't get rid of the people that were costing the company money.
$1k = $1,000.00

$10k = $10,000.00

$1,000k = $1,000,000.00

DUDE ! ! ! !

You carryaround a million dollars in cash in your pocket ? ? ? :what:

WOW ! ! ! ! No wonder you Open Carry. :lol:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Decoligny wrote:
maahes wrote:
Michigander wrote:
MI-copperhead wrote:
Amazing how stupid some of these store managers are.
I don't know that I'd call it stupidity, so much as never having been given a reason to know better.

I would call it stupid business practice. I had over $1000k in cash in my pocket that could have been spent in his store, and he didn't want my money. And this store isn't doing well either, they just went through a "restructure" and removed a bunch of positions and let a bunch of people go. Obviously they didn't get rid of the people that were costing the company money.
$1k = $1,000.00

$10k = $10,000.00

$1,000k = $1,000,000.00

DUDE ! ! ! !

You carryaround a million dollars in cash in your pocket ? ? ? :what:

WOW ! ! ! ! No wonder you Open Carry. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

lechwe

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
I spoke with corporate today (cust relate ) what a joke this guy was, he asked me why i needed to carry a gun (DUH) he said that is corp policy that each store sets there on policy on guns, and that there general rule is no weapons allowed.
1-861-229-1100 Best Buy Corp Ph. No.
UPDATE***** Just spoke to Mr. Seng Xiong at Corporate is anExcusitive in Resolutions, Very nice guy, very much aprofessional, he said

Quote: WE follow the guidelines, & Lawsof each State....

Did he say if corporate was going to get in touch with all of their stores and make sure they all follow this policy? If not this will be a hassle over and over again.

Good luck.

maahes

imported post

Ok seems BB is off the hook, I called cust relations back and they contacted the stores manager on duty who apologized for the incident stating their reaction was from a "gun incident in the store 2 days prior to me being there".

Since the customer relations people will not let you talk to the store I decided to swing by there on the way home for face to face confirmation and to ask them to inform the Jackson PD of their mistake in policy (with empty holster). She called her GM (Jen) to confirm she could, who told her not to as they are still held by mall policy. :banghead: I asked that a mall security representative come down to the store to help clear this up....

30 min later...

The mall guard shows up, I explain I was told some time ago that stores with seprate entrances from the mall and hours that differed from the mall were not held under the mall code of conduct. The security guard explained that the code of conduct stated you couldn't display weapons but if it was concealed they didn't have a policy against it..... both I and the Best Buy manager looked at each other then corrected the security guard. Mall policy states only on duty law enforcement can carry weapons. The mall guard stated they didnt train them very well... sigh.

However he did state that the malls code of conduct covered all mall property... Including the following stores/restaurants:
Shell Gas
BP Gas
Ground Round
Old Country Buffet
Panera Bread
Pizza Hut/Wing street
Jackson 10 Theater
GFS
Michales
Lowes
Outback Steakhouse
And the hotel thats over there my be included but he couldnt remember.
:cuss:

He told me the director of Security will be at the mall 8:30 to 4 so I will go in there in the morning before I go to work and get a final on this.

Kimberguy

imported post

They are all old... Taller white hair or was it the short balding hispanic guy(they are the ones who surrounded me and got me detained)
Get me his name when you get the chancen I would appriciate it.

mastiff69

imported post

I suppose then , that there policy reaches my property in Battle Creek then too..

Sounds like there tin badge has gone to there heads...

All do respect, i would have to ask him this question of them (security) ARE you on drugs, under the influence or just ignorant !!!

maahes

imported post

T Vance wrote:
How is Lowe's and Outback Steakhouse under mall policy? There is a road that is between the "mall area" and those places. If that's the case, they mine as well go and expand that "mall policy" to add Pet supplies Plus, Wendy's, Culver's, and the Subway in Vandercook Lake!
This was exactly my question as I have never seen a mall security guard patrol those parking lots after dark. According to their website the mall owns from West ave to Longfellow Ave. excluding the Goodrich theater and the bank next to it.

However my questions will go unanswered for now as the director of security was not in today and the secretary did not know when he would be back. I left my name, business and business phone so I should get a call back.

Edit: Mall website http://www.jacksoncrossing.com/stores.php