Thread: looking for a good gunsmith

Post imported post

The slide on my s&w .40 sigma is getting stuck back tryed changing the mag. still does it and all ammo. so i,m looking for a good gunsmitharound chesapeake, va

Post imported post

Don't know about Sigmas, but I know that this was a common problem that some people had with Springfield XD pistols when they would reassemble it but not center the guide rod properly. Check that?

Post imported post

rhnhjh79 wrote:
    The slide on my s&w .40 sigma is getting stuck back tryed changing the mag. still does it and all ammo. so i,m looking for a good gunsmitharound chesapeake, va
    No offense intended, but in my opinion Smith & Wesson makes fine REVOLVERS. I have known of quite a few issues with their semi-auto pistols.

Post imported post

call S&W and tell them of your problems; they should fix it under warranty (and pay for shipping both ways!), and they should have it back to you in two weeks or faster.

Post imported post

acrimsontide wrote:
    rhnhjh79 wrote:
    No offense intended, but in my opinion Smith & Wesson makes fine REVOLVERS. I have known of quite a few issues with their semi-auto pistols.
    No offense, but that comment is of no help to this topic.

Now, R-j-nin-.... however you say that, the only gunsmith I can think of is in Staunton. I know it's not much help due to distance, but I thought I'd provide it, anyway.

http://www3.davidsonsinc.com/consume...aler_id=527432
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I would send it backto Smith. If you are the original owner they will send you a shipping label, if not, the cost of shipping to them is on you, but that isprobably allit will cost you. They are good people to deal with and have afast turnaround time.

Post imported post

Bob Yurina is good but he might have it a year ( 757-361-0311 ). He has had 2 of mine a year. Bobs in norfolk is good but they might have it a year also.