• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

looking for a good gunsmith

rhnhjh79

imported post

:cuss:The slide on my s&w .40 sigma is getting stuck back tryed changing the mag. still does it and all ammo. so i,m looking for a good gunsmitharound chesapeake, va:banghead::banghead:

curtiswr

imported post

Don't know about Sigmas, but I know that this was a common problem that some people had with Springfield XD pistols when they would reassemble it but not center the guide rod properly. Check that?

acrimsontide

imported post

rhnhjh79 wrote:
:cuss:The slide on my s&w .40 sigma is getting stuck back tryed changing the mag. still does it and all ammo. so i,m looking for a good gunsmitharound chesapeake, va:banghead::banghead:
No offense intended, but in my opinion Smith & Wesson makes fine REVOLVERS. I have known of quite a few issues with their semi-auto pistols.

kle

imported post

call S&W and tell them of your problems; they should fix it under warranty (and pay for shipping both ways!), and they should have it back to you in two weeks or faster.

AbNo

imported post

acrimsontide wrote:
rhnhjh79 wrote:
No offense intended, but in my opinion Smith & Wesson makes fine REVOLVERS. I have known of quite a few issues with their semi-auto pistols.
No offense, but that comment is of no help to this topic. ;)

Now, R-j-nin-.... however you say that, the only gunsmith I can think of is in Staunton. I know it's not much help due to distance, but I thought I'd provide it, anyway.

http://www3.davidsonsinc.com/consumers/subsites/dealer_home.asp?dealer_id=527432

tripledipper

imported post

I would send it backto Smith. If you are the original owner they will send you a shipping label, if not, the cost of shipping to them is on you, but that isprobably allit will cost you. They are good people to deal with and have afast turnaround time.

noah

imported post

Bob Yurina is good but he might have it a year ( 757-361-0311 ). He has had 2 of mine a year. Bobs in norfolk is good but they might have it a year also:banghead:.