• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

N.C Proposed Legislations that need a PUSH - from YOU

spy1

imported post

I've been working on an email (two, actually) that all of us North Carolinians can send to our State Representatives and Senators concerning outstanding gun legislation in our State.

All of the bills are currently "in Committee" - and they need to be pushed OUT and through the rest of the legislative process.

I based these two emails on information found here:

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4748

It was all I could do to keep them to ONE page in Word, but at least now it's done.

What I'm asking ALL N.C. members to do is to c&p these letters into an email to your own N.C Reps and Senators. Some of those will be the ones who either wrote the bills themselves, or those on the committees - but it's something we all need to do, to cover all of those who have anything to do with getting them passed (or buried, as the case may be).

Your own North Carolina State Senators' name can be found if you look on your voter registration card midway down, center Under the "Districts" heading, "State Senate" - then go to these pages for their contact info (ditto for State Representative):

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/members/memberList.pl?sChamber=House and here: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/members/memberList.pl?sChamber=Senate

If you don't have or can't find your voter registration card, that same page has a field - "Who Represents Me?" - where you can enter your FULL (Zip+4 - http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp ) zipcode to find out.

Here's the letter for your State Representative:

==============================

"Dear Representative, April 20, 2009
It seems as though this particular session is going to be of the utmost importance, not only to the North Carolina gun-owner, but to the very body of the North Carolina House and Senate and the concept of “State government” itself.
In this session, our own States’ officials will determine whether North Carolina is a sovereign State that believes in freedom and the Constitution – or simply exists as a “satellite” office of the “bosses” in D.C.
There are no less than nine PRO-gun bills extant under consideration – I ask that you do everything possible to get them out of Committee and vote in favor of all nine:
HB 257: (No Seizure of Lawful Firearms in Emergency) Prohibits the seizure of lawfully-possessed firearms or ammunition during a declared state of emergency.

HB 269: (Concealed Handgun Permit Valid in Parks) Removes restrictions on carrying concealed firearms in parks by Right-to-Carry permit holders.

HB 270: (Personal Protection in Restaurants) Removes restrictions on carrying concealed firearms in restaurants licensed to serve alcohol by Right-to-Carry permit holders.

HB 473: (Magistrate Can Carry Gun in Courthouse) Allows Magistrates to carry a firearm in a courthouse if they have a valid Right-to-Carry permit, and are there as part of the execution of their official duties.

HB 892: (Repeal Pistol/Crossbow Transfer Permit) Eliminates the requirement that law-abiding citizens receive a permit to purchase a handgun from their sheriff before acquiring a handgun.

HB 1131: (Castle Doctrine for North Carolina) Castle Doctrine self-defense bill would ensure that all citizens have a right to use force, including deadly force, against a violent attacker.

HB 1132: (Renew concealed carry Permit/ 30 Day Limit) Establish a 30-day deadline for processing renewal of Right-to-Carry permits.

HB 1133: (Firearm Locked in Vehicle/Parking Lot) Prohibits businesses from restricting law-abiding citizens (including employees) from storing a lawfully owned firearm in their vehicle while the vehicle is parked on company property.

HB 1445: (Reform Bill of 2009) Establish a procedure for restoring an individual’s Second Amendment rights for certain non-violent offenses.
I urge you to vote for the above nine. The legal, law-abiding, gun-owning citizens of North Carolina will both thank you and not let you down if you do.
At the opposite end of the spectrum, I urge you to fight/vote against or bury in committee the following three bills:
HB 1328: Would expand the so-called “safe” storage law to add new restrictions that would make it more difficult for law-abiding gun owners to lawfully keep firearms for self-defense in the home.

HB 1253: Would outlaw certain established practices for training dogs used for hunting.

HB 1428: Would allow counties to enact restrictions on hunting deer with dogs. Thank you.
(Signed) "

====================================

And here's the letter to c&p into your email to your State Senator:

====================================

Dear Senator,
It seems as though this particular session is going to be of the utmost importance, not only to the North Carolina gun-owner, but to the very body of the North Carolina House and Senate and the concept of “State government” itself.
In this session, our own States’ officials will determine whether North Carolina is a sovereign State that believes in freedom and the Constitution – or simply exists as a “satellite” office of the “bosses” in D.C.

There are six PRO-gun bills either before the Senate or “in committee” – I ask you to work toward getting these bills OUT of committee, voting FOR them and getting them all signed by the Governor:

SB 11: (D.A & Ass’t D.A. Concealed Gun in Ct. House) Allows District Attorneys and Assistant District Attorneys to carry a firearm in a courthouse if they have a valid Right-to-Carry permit, and are there as part of the execution of their official duties.

SB 234: (Sport Shooting Range Protection) Improves the existing range protection law.

SB 235: (Personal Protection in Restaurants) Removes restrictions on carrying concealed firearms in restaurants licensed to serve alcohol by Right-to-Carry permit holders.

SB 329: (Right to Hunt) Right to Hunt and Fish Constitutional Amendment.

SB 782: (Repeal Pistol/Crossbow Transfer Permits) Eliminates the requirement that law-abiding citizens receive a permit to purchase a handgun from their sheriff before acquiring a handgun.

SB 1038: (Concealed Carry List/NOT Public Record) Establishes that the list of Right-to-Carry permittees is not a matter of public record.
I urge you to vote FOR the above six. The legal, law-abiding, gun-owning citizens of North Carolina will both thank you and not let you down if you do.
At the opposite end of the spectrum, I urge you to fight/vote against or bury in committee the following two (or three) bills:

SB 664: (Safe storage of Firearms) Would expand the so-called “safe” storage law to add new restrictions that would make it more difficult for law-abiding gun owners to lawfully keep firearms for self-defense in the home.

SB 515/SB 739: (Prohibit Penning of Wildlife) Would outlaw certain established practices for training dogs used for hunting.

Time is of the essence here – these bills NEED to be passed or buried BEFORE the Federal government pre-empts our sovereignty once again with nationwide “laws” that they have absolutely no business passing. WE (the state of North Carolina) need to pre-empt THEM in this.
Thank you.
(Signed)

============================

I think you all can see the vital importance of some of the bills here from just reading their titles and the short description thereof. The complete bills can be read by following the NRA link I gave originally.

Please, North Carolina - send these two emails! Pete

http://www.alarmandmuster.com/Home.html

spy1

imported post

Thank you both!

Hopefully there'll be a lot MORE people chiming in with posts like that!

'Cause God knows they'll CAVE on that if they don't think their precious position is on the line! Pete

Ratt402

imported post

This is what I got back today. 4/13/09

" Thank you for writing. Senator Berger appreciates your comments and will take them into account when deciding how to vote"

Who knows, maybe it will do some good.

Semper Fi !

partemisio

imported post

This is what I got when I entered my zip:

"
ZIP+4 Location Unavailable The General Assembly obtains ZIP+4 locations from the US Postal Service. Though the USPS provides us with over 830,000 locations statewide, there are still quite a few ZIP+4 codes that they are unable to correlate with census geography, upon which legislative districts are based.[?]
Luckily, a ZIP+4 code is not the only way to identify your representatives. If you are a registered voter, you can use the State Board of Elections' search utility, as follows:
  1. Open the "http://www.sboe.state.nc.us/VoterLookup.aspx?Feature=voterinfo]Voter Lookup[/url]" page.Enter your information into the form and click the "Submit" button.If more than one person is found, select one and click the "Use Selected" button.In the middle of the results page, click on the "My Districts" link to see your district assignments.You can then return to the "Representation" section of the NC General Assembly web site and look up your representatives based on the district numbers you noted in the previous step.
Still another way to find your representatives is to contact your local Board of Elections office directly. The State Board of Elections maintains a list of contact information for all 100 http://www.sboe.state.nc.us/content.aspx?id=13]county boards of elections[/url] in North Carolina."

My zip is 28453-8635

Swampbeast

imported post

sent...I got a reply saying they support my gun rights and areNRA membersbut didn't give any specific comments on the bills