Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: HAPPY EASTER!!!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fishersville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    16

    Post imported post

    The Lord our God has sent his only begotten son to die on the cross for our sins. He was to be resurrected after 3 days and all who believe in him shall have Eternal Life. THAT IS AWESOME Praise the LORD THY GOD. Thank you Heavenly Father.

    Remember John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believesin Him should not perish but have eternal life.

    "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

    Have a Happy Easter and enjoy your Salvation and your Family I hope you have a great walk with Jesus today.

    God Bless you all. This Blessed Day

    John 3:5-7
    Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."
    "That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is the spirit."
    "Do not marvel that I said to you, "You must be born again."

    Will
    __________________

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    Thank God, thank goodness.

    I pray the usurper devil in the White House is removed soon, before it is too late and before the next Holy Day. Our doom is upon us and we are unarmed.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ParkHills, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    970

    Post imported post

    Happy Easter Snake eater!! Thanks for the blessings, America has not turned her back on god the Father, Jesus the son, and the Holy Spirit!!:celebrate

  4. #4
    Regular Member TechnoWeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,086

    Post imported post

    And representing the Agnostics of the board....







    Bless America!


    (Easter, like many holidays, has been perverted into a commercial enterprise. Religious or not, I see it as a day that families should spend together and celebrate life.)
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fishersville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    16

    Post imported post

    Carnivore wrote:
    Happy Easter Snake eater!! Thanks for the blessings, America has not turned her back on god the Father, Jesus the son, and the Holy Spirit!!:celebrate
    Amen to that.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    674

    Post imported post

    Praise be to our lord Baal, eternal keeper of the sun's flame.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    56

    Post imported post

    Deleted by moderator known troll.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    674

    Post imported post

    Anti-religious? Excuse me, Mr. I'mGoingToTakeYourHolidaysAndMakeThemMyOwn, but it was OUR day first.

  9. #9
    Lone Star Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Seattle-ish, Washington, USA
    Posts
    714

    Post imported post

    MousePrifeII wrote:
    happy easter.

    the trolls posting anti religious stuff:

    it sucks your life is so pathetic you have to spam internet forums with your lame garbage
    What makes you think that your viewpoint is more valid than that of anyone else?

  10. #10
    Regular Member TechnoWeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,086

    Post imported post

    Actually, like most Christian holidays, they have roots in pagan ritual.

    The reasons, among others, is that when attempting to convert pagans to christianity, they wanted holidays to celebrate around the same time. Which is why although Jesus was said to have been born in June or July, we celebrate Christmas in december. Yule (as in, Yule log) was actually a pagan winter religious festival.


    Easter was originally an entire month long celebration of feasts for the pagan goddess Ēostre. In the netherlands, and parts of germany, they still celebrate easter with large bonfires.



    No trolling here, just pointing out an alternative viewpoint.

    As I said, I still believe it important to spend time with your family on such a day that everyone has off, just not for religious reasons, more for moral reasons.
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    674

    Post imported post

    If everyone has today off, explain why I'm working 17 hours today? >:|

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    56

    Post imported post

    Deleted by moderator known troll.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , Oregon, USA
    Posts
    367

    Post imported post

    Aran wrote:
    If everyone has today off, explain why I'm working 17 hours today? >:|
    Because someone has to ask "Would you like fries with that?"

    -adamsesq

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    674

    Post imported post

    adamsesq wrote:
    Aran wrote:
    If everyone has today off, explain why I'm working 17 hours today? >:|
    Because someone has to ask "Would you like fries with that?"

    -adamsesq
    True... but I'm in corporate security.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    Aran wrote:
    adamsesq wrote:
    Aran wrote:
    If everyone has today off, explain why I'm working 17 hours today?
    Because someone has to ask "Would you like fries with that?"-adamsesq
    True... but I'm in corporate security.
    Yep, the next step on the ladder of success. First burger-flipper, then Third Assistant Under the Secretary of North Gate Access, department of security theater.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    , Nevada, USA
    Posts
    716

    Post imported post

    TechnoWeenie wrote:
    Actually, like most Christian holidays, they have roots in pagan ritual.

    The reasons, among others, is that when attempting to convert pagans to christianity, they wanted holidays to celebrate around the same time. Which is why although Jesus was said to have been born in June or July, we celebrate Christmas in december. Yule (as in, Yule log) was actually a pagan winter religious festival.


    Easter was originally an entire month long celebration of feasts for the pagan goddess Ēostre. In the netherlands, and parts of germany, they still celebrate easter with large bonfires.



    No trolling here, just pointing out an alternative viewpoint.

    As I said, I still believe it important to spend time with your family on such a day that everyone has off, just not for religious reasons, more for moral reasons.
    You're right about Christmas, there was little documentation about the time of the birth of Jesus, though most evidence indicates it was not in Dec.

    However you are wrong about why Easter is celebrated in the spring. It is well documented that this is when Jesus was crucified. It is just coincidental that pagan holidays fall in the same time period. Attributing something to a celebration just because it happened during that same month is like saying that we celebrate Independence Day in July because of Lughnassadh.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    , Nevada, USA
    Posts
    716

    Post imported post

    Oops, double click.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fishersville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    16

    Post imported post

    The flesh and blood of the Son of man, denote the Redeemer in the nature of man; Christ and him crucified, and the redemption wrought out by him, with all the precious benefits of redemption; pardon of sin, acceptance with God, the way to the throne of grace, the promises of the covenant, and eternal life. These are called the flesh and blood of Christ, because they are purchased by the breaking his body, and the shedding of his blood. Also, because they are meat and drink to our
    souls. Eating this flesh and drinking this blood mean believing in Christ. We partake of Christ and his benefits by faith. The soul that rightly knows its state and wants, finds whatever can calm the conscience, and promote true holiness, in the redeemer, God manifest in the flesh. Meditating upon the cross of Christ gives life to our repentance, love, and gratitude. We live by him, as our bodies live by our food. We live by him, as the members by the head, the branches by the root: because he
    lives we shall live also. (Jn 6:60-65) Commetary by Matthew Henry

  19. #19
    Lone Star Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Seattle-ish, Washington, USA
    Posts
    714

    Post imported post

    Gordie wrote:
    You're right about Christmas, there was little documentation about the time of the birth of Jesus, though most evidence indicates it was not in Dec.

    However you are wrong about why Easter is celebrated in the spring. It is well documented that this is when Jesus was crucified. It is just coincidental that pagan holidays fall in the same time period. Attributing something to a celebration just because it happened during that same month is like saying that we celebrate Independence Day in July because of Lughnassadh.
    Is it also "just coincidental" that the christian holiday is named after a pagan God?

    Amazing if true.

    http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t020.html

    http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter7.htm

    http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/origin-of-easter.htm


  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    674

    Post imported post

    Doug Huffman wrote:
    Aran wrote:
    adamsesq wrote:
    Aran wrote:
    If everyone has today off, explain why I'm working 17 hours today?
    Because someone has to ask "Would you like fries with that?"-adamsesq
    True... but I'm in corporate security.
    Yep, the next step on the ladder of success. First burger-flipper, then Third Assistant Under the Secretary of North Gate Access, department of security theater.
    It's putting me through college so I can get a "real" job and allowing me to not have to rely on public assistance, or student loans.

    Or would you prefer that you paid for my education via taxes? The government is pretty nice about giving out money, you know.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , Oregon, USA
    Posts
    367

    Post imported post

    TechnoWeenie wrote:
    And representing the Agnostics of the board....





    You know, the more I think about this the more, as a Bible believing full faith Christian, I like this picture. It is a very good indication of reality. The issue, however, is that the Agnostics just can't grasp their arms (or hearts) around what you experience when you go "inside the building" that tells you how true the rest of the signage is. And what we know is inside the building is the Love of God.

    -adamsesq

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    I wonder what the contrary faith-system's connect-the-dots might look like?

    Given the distribution of dot-facts on the analogous ontological-map, I can't imagine it any such simple closed curve. Neither could Kurt Godel in his incompleteness theorems,

    Any effectively generated theory capable of expressing elementary arithmetic cannot be both consistent and complete. In particular, for any consistent, effectively generated formal theory that proves certain basic arithmetic truths, there is an arithmetical statement that is true but not provable in the theory.

    For any formal recursively enumerable (i.e., effectively generated) theory T including basic arithmetical truths and also certain truths about formal provability, T includes a statement of its own consistency if and only if T is inconsistent.

    I suspect anyone smart enough to argue atheistic reality is too smart to do so. Analogous to the recursive statement "This sentence is false." might be the statement "Atheism is the faith in the non-existence of God."

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles Area, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,723

    Post imported post

    diesel556 wrote:
    MousePrifeII wrote:
    happy easter.

    the trolls posting anti religious stuff:

    it sucks your life is so pathetic you have to spam internet forums with your lame garbage
    What makes you think that your viewpoint is more valid than that of anyone else?

    It has nothing to do with who's is more valid. It has to do with respecting another mans beliefs.

    If you don't believe this is what Easter Means to you, than that's ok. However this isn't a debating forum. These guys were just trying to say Happy Easter to each other. Common, Normal, Happy Easter. Yet somehow, that just urked someone else. They just couldn't stand the fact that someone believed something they don't. So instead of them being happy that each man can believe what he wants, they decide to try and stir up contreversary by touting their own beliefs.

    Simply put, you guys could have EASILY let them be.

    Had you started a thread about how God doesn't exist, you should have recieved the same respect. ALL Christians would/SHOULD have just STAYED OUT. Not gone on in your thread and start trying to convert you to their belief.

    Its all about respect people.

    If you don't like something, just stay away from it. Give everyone their own space. It's not as if they are beating down your door with it.



    Every time I see something like this done to someone's thread it reminds me of little piss ant teenagers who think they know everything and just HAS to try and SHOVE it down the throats of every damn person they come in contact with. As if the normal Christians don't know what they believe or why they believe it. Like you found something new. How pitiful ...








  24. #24
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    This is the same crap we are going through with "Christmas" and all that trying to be turned into "the Holidays". No, it's Christmas. I am not religious in any sense, but I don't become offended because someone chooses to be, and certaintly not because someone wishes me a "Happy Easter" or "Merry Christmas". Get your panties untangled and just realize that someone is trying to wish you well, and leave it at that.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Dustin wrote:
    However this isn't a debating forum. These guys were just trying to say Happy Easter to each other. Common, Normal, Happy Easter. Yet somehow, that just urked someone else. They just couldn't stand the fact that someone believed something they don't. So instead of them being happy that each man can believe what he wants, they decide to try and stir up contreversary by touting their own beliefs.

    You mean the same way the religious people butt in when someone is talking about evolution or science in general?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •