• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HAPPY EASTER!!!

Snake Eater

imported post

The Lord our God has sent his only begotten son to die on the cross for our sins. He was to be resurrected after 3 days and all who believe in him shall have Eternal Life. THAT IS AWESOME Praise the LORD THY GOD. Thank you Heavenly Father.

Remember John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believesin Him should not perish but have eternal life.

"For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Have a Happy Easter and enjoy your Salvation and your Family I hope you have a great walk with Jesus today.

God Bless you all. This Blessed Day

John 3:5-7
Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is the spirit."
"Do not marvel that I said to you, "You must be born again."

Will

Carnivore

imported post

Happy Easter Snake eater!! Thanks for the blessings, America has not turned her back on god the Father, Jesus the son, and the Holy Spirit!!:celebrate

TechnoWeenie

imported post

And representing the Agnostics of the board....

I_know_the_bible_is_true_sophistry.gif

Christianity-Atheism.jpg

Bless America!

(Easter, like many holidays, has been perverted into a commercial enterprise. Religious or not, I see it as a day that families should spend together and celebrate life.)

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

MousePrifeII wrote:
happy easter.

the trolls posting anti religious stuff:

it sucks your life is so pathetic you have to spam internet forums with your lame garbage
What makes you think that your viewpoint is more valid than that of anyone else?

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Actually, like most Christian holidays, they have roots in pagan ritual.

The reasons, among others, is that when attempting to convert pagans to christianity, they wanted holidays to celebrate around the same time. Which is why although Jesus was said to have been born in June or July, we celebrate Christmas in december. Yule (as in, Yule log) was actually a pagan winter religious festival.

Easter was originally an entire month long celebration of feasts for the pagan goddess Ēostre. In the netherlands, and parts of germany, they still celebrate easter with large bonfires.

No trolling here, just pointing out an alternative viewpoint.

As I said, I still believe it important to spend time with your family on such a day that everyone has off, just not for religious reasons, more for moral reasons.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Aran wrote:
adamsesq wrote:
Aran wrote:
If everyone has today off, explain why I'm working 17 hours today?
Because someone has to ask "Would you like fries with that?"-adamsesq
True... but I'm in corporate security.
Yep, the next step on the ladder of success. First burger-flipper, then Third Assistant Under the Secretary of North Gate Access, department of security theater.

Gordie

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Actually, like most Christian holidays, they have roots in pagan ritual.

The reasons, among others, is that when attempting to convert pagans to christianity, they wanted holidays to celebrate around the same time. Which is why although Jesus was said to have been born in June or July, we celebrate Christmas in december. Yule (as in, Yule log) was actually a pagan winter religious festival.

Easter was originally an entire month long celebration of feasts for the pagan goddess Ēostre. In the netherlands, and parts of germany, they still celebrate easter with large bonfires.

No trolling here, just pointing out an alternative viewpoint.

As I said, I still believe it important to spend time with your family on such a day that everyone has off, just not for religious reasons, more for moral reasons.

You're right about Christmas, there was little documentation about the time of the birth of Jesus, though most evidence indicates it was not in Dec.

However you are wrong about why Easter is celebrated in the spring. It is well documented that this is when Jesus was crucified. It is just coincidental that pagan holidays fall in the same time period. Attributing something to a celebration just because it happened during that same month is like saying that we celebrate Independence Day in July because of Lughnassadh.

Snake Eater

imported post

The flesh and blood of the Son of man, denote the Redeemer in the nature of man; Christ and him crucified, and the redemption wrought out by him, with all the precious benefits of redemption; pardon of sin, acceptance with God, the way to the throne of grace, the promises of the covenant, and eternal life. These are called the flesh and blood of Christ, because they are purchased by the breaking his body, and the shedding of his blood. Also, because they are meat and drink to our
souls. Eating this flesh and drinking this blood mean believing in Christ. We partake of Christ and his benefits by faith. The soul that rightly knows its state and wants, finds whatever can calm the conscience, and promote true holiness, in the redeemer, God manifest in the flesh. Meditating upon the cross of Christ gives life to our repentance, love, and gratitude. We live by him, as our bodies live by our food. We live by him, as the members by the head, the branches by the root: because he
lives we shall live also. (Jn 6:60-65) Commetary by Matthew Henry

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Gordie wrote:
You're right about Christmas, there was little documentation about the time of the birth of Jesus, though most evidence indicates it was not in Dec.

However you are wrong about why Easter is celebrated in the spring. It is well documented that this is when Jesus was crucified. It is just coincidental that pagan holidays fall in the same time period. Attributing something to a celebration just because it happened during that same month is like saying that we celebrate Independence Day in July because of Lughnassadh.
Is it also "just coincidental" that the christian holiday is named after a pagan God?

Amazing if true.

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t020.html

http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter7.htm

http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/origin-of-easter.htm

Aran

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Aran wrote:
adamsesq wrote:
Aran wrote:
If everyone has today off, explain why I'm working 17 hours today?
Because someone has to ask "Would you like fries with that?"-adamsesq
True... but I'm in corporate security.
Yep, the next step on the ladder of success. First burger-flipper, then Third Assistant Under the Secretary of North Gate Access, department of security theater.
It's putting me through college so I can get a "real" job and allowing me to not have to rely on public assistance, or student loans.

Or would you prefer that you paid for my education via taxes? The government is pretty nice about giving out money, you know.