• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HAPPY EASTER!!!

adamsesq

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
And representing the Agnostics of the board....

I_know_the_bible_is_true_sophistry.gif

You know, the more I think about this the more, as a Bible believing full faith Christian, I like this picture. It is a very good indication of reality. The issue, however, is that the Agnostics just can't grasp their arms (or hearts) around what you experience when you go "inside the building" that tells you how true the rest of the signage is. And what we know is inside the building is the Love of God.

-adamsesq

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I wonder what the contrary faith-system's connect-the-dots might look like?

Given the distribution of dot-facts on the analogous ontological-map, I can't imagine it any such simple closed curve. Neither could Kurt Godel in his incompleteness theorems,

Any effectively generated theory capable of expressing elementary arithmetic cannot be both consistent and complete. In particular, for any consistent, effectively generated formal theory that proves certain basic arithmetic truths, there is an arithmetical statement that is true but not provable in the theory.

For any formal recursively enumerable (i.e., effectively generated) theory T including basic arithmetical truths and also certain truths about formal provability, T includes a statement of its own consistency if and only if T is inconsistent.

I suspect anyone smart enough to argue atheistic reality is too smart to do so. Analogous to the recursive statement "This sentence is false." might be the statement "Atheism is the faith in the non-existence of God."

Dustin

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
MousePrifeII wrote:
happy easter.

the trolls posting anti religious stuff:

it sucks your life is so pathetic you have to spam internet forums with your lame garbage
What makes you think that your viewpoint is more valid than that of anyone else?

It has nothing to do with who's is more valid. It has to do with respecting another mans beliefs.

If you don't believe this is what Easter Means to you, than that's ok. However this isn't a debating forum. These guys were just trying to say Happy Easter to each other. Common, Normal, Happy Easter. Yet somehow, that just urked someone else. They just couldn't stand the fact that someone believed something they don't. So instead of them being happy that each man can believe what he wants, they decide to try and stir up contreversary by touting their own beliefs.

Simply put, you guys could have EASILY let them be.

Had you started a thread about how God doesn't exist, you should have recieved the same respect. ALL Christians would/SHOULD have just STAYED OUT. Not gone on in your thread and start trying to convert you to their belief.

Its all about respect people.

If you don't like something, just stay away from it. Give everyone their own space. It's not as if they are beating down your door with it.

Every time I see something like this done to someone's thread it reminds me of little piss ant teenagers who think they know everything and just HAS to try and SHOVE it down the throats of every damn person they come in contact with. As if the normal Christians don't know what they believe or why they believe it. Like you found something new. How pitiful ...

compmanio365

imported post

This is the same crap we are going through with "Christmas" and all that trying to be turned into "the Holidays". No, it's Christmas. I am not religious in any sense, but I don't become offended because someone chooses to be, and certaintly not because someone wishes me a "Happy Easter" or "Merry Christmas". Get your panties untangled and just realize that someone is trying to wish you well, and leave it at that.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Dustin wrote:
However this isn't a debating forum. These guys were just trying to say Happy Easter to each other. Common, Normal, Happy Easter. Yet somehow, that just urked someone else. They just couldn't stand the fact that someone believed something they don't. So instead of them being happy that each man can believe what he wants, they decide to try and stir up contreversary by touting their own beliefs.

You mean the same way the religious people butt in when someone is talking about evolution or science in general?

PatMcCotter

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Aran wrote:
adamsesq wrote:
Aran wrote:
If everyone has today off, explain why I'm working 17 hours today?
Because someone has to ask "Would you like fries with that?"-adamsesq
True... but I'm in corporate security.
Yep, the next step on the ladder of success. First burger-flipper, then Third Assistant Under the Secretary of North Gate Access, department of security theater.
Of course, without the electricity from the power plant operators working 24/7/365, you wouldn't be able to spew such drivel all over the world.

Pagan

imported post

How about my Pagan self celebrate the Easter season to welcome the rebirth and new birth of life that the sun brings and take joy in this wonderful natural world of ours and the "mystic" based folks celebrate their god or gods as they see fit andwe all just realize that everybody sees this time of year as important,thus uniting all of us in some positive way.

But us pagans have many more holidays, woohoo! :monkey

Gordie

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
Gordie wrote:
You're right about Christmas, there was little documentation about the time of the birth of Jesus, though most evidence indicates it was not in Dec.

However you are wrong about why Easter is celebrated in the spring. It is well documented that this is when Jesus was crucified. It is just coincidental that pagan holidays fall in the same time period. Attributing something to a celebration just because it happened during that same month is like saying that we celebrate Independence Day in July because of Lughnassadh.
Is it also "just coincidental" that the christian holiday is named after a pagan God?

Amazing if true.

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t020.html

http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter7.htm

http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/origin-of-easter.htm

Your first cite only discusses the problems with the name of the holiday, not with what is being celebrated, and does not dispute the historical occurrence which is celebrated on "Easter" by Christians around the world.I agree with the author that Resurrection Sunday is a better name.

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t020.html

Your second cite only discusses the origin of the name, it goes on to say that only in the English language is it refereed to as Easter. In most other languages it isgiven a name based on the word "passover" which is more appropriate.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter7.htm

Your third cite talks about the history of most of our traditions around Easter, which like Christmas came from pagan rituals. It points out that the puritans dismissed the celebrating of Easter do to this, it does not say that the resurrection did not occur.

http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/origin-of-easter.htm

All of these cites show problems with the traditional celebrations surrounding Easter, none dispute what Christians are celebrating, the Crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

None of these show a reason to doubt the resurrection, only the traditions that have been incorporated into the celebration of it.

I agree that incorporating the traditions ofother religious beliefs into Christianity does Christians no favors, but it does not refute the truth of the Bible. The Bible shows this happening several times in the Old Testament with the Jews as they would accept other beliefs into their own and then come back to Yahweh.

Dustin

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Dustin wrote:
However this isn't a debating forum. These guys were just trying to say Happy Easter to each other. Common, Normal, Happy Easter. Yet somehow, that just urked someone else. They just couldn't stand the fact that someone believed something they don't. So instead of them being happy that each man can believe what he wants, they decide to try and stir up contreversary by touting their own beliefs.

You mean the same way the religious people butt in when someone is talking about evolution or science in general?

Nope.

I'm talking right here, and right now. If someone is saying Happy JuJu holiday, and someone else JUST HAS to stop by and say, "You know, JuJu is a stupid Holiday!".

That is just wrong and disrespectful. If you don't like celebrating JuJu than fine. Don't go to a JuJu festival, but there's no need to go to a JuJu festival and start rasing cane about how much you hate JuJu.

See ?

BTW, you write that statement as if no religous people can talk about science.

ALSO> I'm done here.If you guys want to debate Religion vs Christianity vs Creation vs Evolution. You can do so here - [url]http://www.evolutionfairytale.com/articles_debates/evolutiondefinition.htm[/url]

I've been a member for there for a good many years, and I've seenit all. Just be sure you don't waltz in there like a smartass with no evidence to back your claim, or you'll get smashed by fellow Evolutionists, and/or fellowCreationist the same.

Riana

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
This is the same crap we are going through with "Christmas" and all that trying to be turned into "the Holidays". No, it's Christmas. I am not religious in any sense, but I don't become offended because someone chooses to be, and certaintly not because someone wishes me a "Happy Easter" or "Merry Christmas". Get your panties untangled and just realize that someone is trying to wish you well, and leave it at that.

+1000

Absolutely. I took no offense when someone offered up prayers for me after a particularly scary hospital stay, or when someone wishes me Merry Christmas. One relative offers up a particularly long blessing when we depart her home - I can't remember it all, but it boils down to "Have a safe trip." :lol: I've never corrected her, or explained that I'm not of her faith, so the words don't mean anything to me, in a religious sense. I just take it for what it's meant to be - not preaching to convert, but a sincere wish of well-being.

bugly

imported post

if YOU died and returned from the dead three days later, you'd be shot in the head for being a zombie.
Happy Zombie Jesus day, from the bottom of my heart.
If the day makes you feel good about yourself and your family, so be it, but this is a forum dedicated to discussion of open carry of implements of destruction (how ironic is that?)
Personally, I never evangelize my religion (and I am very religious/spiritual), so I would appreciate it if the rest of you follow suit, even though your religion tells you to convert everybody or kill them. (look through the history books, kids, it's all there in the fine print.)
Can we talk about our guns now?