Thread: Out of state resident

Post imported post

Well, here's the deal. I've had my Arkansas CHL for 8+ years as if that matters. Kansas recognizes my permit for CC. The girlfriend and I may be moving to the KC area this summer. Olathe, Lawrence, etc. I understand that I must be a resident for six months before I could apply for a Kansas permit, and if the laws don't change, my Arkansas permit should suffice through that period of time. Now...the open carry deal......can I do this in Kansas before I get my Kansas permit with my out of state Arkansas permit for CC? Any links would be appreciated.

Post imported post

if its legal in the city you are in you can open carry (without CCW) I live in Olathe and OC everyday, I have seasoned the cop here about the laws so it should be less awkward to OC here, I made a OC map for KC

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum24/23672.html

it covers KS and MO sides of KC

Thats my 2 cents hope it helps

Post imported post

Thanks. That helps tremendously. Maybe I'll see you this summer. My girlfriend seems to like Lawrence better, but she has family in Olathe.

Post imported post

I live 12 miles from Lawrence, in the county. Lawrence is a unique liberal community, it has nice shopping, and lots of things to do if you want to. As large as it is, it has a hometown atmosphere, I think because of KU. Go to the farmer's market, and other festivities and see what you think. Make a list of pros and cons between the two cities. I have been to Olathe a few times, it just doesn't have the atmosphere that Lawrence does. I know lots of folks that work in Topeka, or Kansas City, but live in Lawrence.