• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Out of state resident

Ram Rod

imported post

Well, here's the deal. I've had my Arkansas CHL for 8+ years as if that matters. Kansas recognizes my permit for CC. The girlfriend and I may be moving to the KC area this summer. Olathe, Lawrence, etc. I understand that I must be a resident for six months before I could apply for a Kansas permit, and if the laws don't change, my Arkansas permit should suffice through that period of time. Now...the open carry deal......can I do this in Kansas before I get my Kansas permit with my out of state Arkansas permit for CC? Any links would be appreciated.

KSDeputy

imported post

I live 12 miles from Lawrence, in the county. Lawrence is a unique liberal community, it has nice shopping, and lots of things to do if you want to. As large as it is, it has a hometown atmosphere, I think because of KU. Go to the farmer's market, and other festivities and see what you think. Make a list of pros and cons between the two cities. I have been to Olathe a few times, it just doesn't have the atmosphere that Lawrence does. I know lots of folks that work in Topeka, or Kansas City, but live in Lawrence.