• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new to arizona and have a quick question to clear things up

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

You will love the Scottsdale Gun Club. It is awesome. Full disclosure: The owner is a 2nd cousin of mine, about a generation younger, and credits me with a bit of the inspiration on starting a career in firearms. I think of it as one of my best achievements, even if it seemed a minor even at the time, 35 years ago!

eric411420

imported post

VingThorr, That's great to hear. I'm down by the border myself. I am also from Michigan and it still seems like a set-up to be allowed to carry here! Nice to have that freedom! As far as LEO's go, I am DEFINITELY on your side.

Great site.

Eric

eric411420

imported post

ZX-Twitch, I just read your post. I am thinking about selling my Kahr .40. Let me know if you're interested. If so, we'll talk privately.

Eric

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

Terry. Nadine is awsome, though. Terry's mother is my cousin. Unfortunately, both of her parents have passed on. They were my favorite aunt and uncle.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Allowed to carry here...' No... you're not FORBIDDEN to carry.

The Right is recognized and codified in the AZ Constitution: Art 2 Sec 26: "The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves or the state shall not be impaired."

Government does not grant Rights... you're born with those. Government can only recognize and defend/protect rights... or DENY them. Government may grant license and permit but NEVER Rights.

I wouldn't sweat being accosted by any LEO in AZ for being openly heeled. This includes Border Patrol. They're not the sort of over reactionary emotionalgirly-men that some states 'n municipalities hire. JBT's (Jack Boot Thugs) are bullies behind a badge... and most bullies are cowards.

Welcome to Arizona... you'll love it.

Somebody posted 116 deg... HA! I've seen it 124-125three days inna row here on the plateau. Even the lizards run tippy-toe. l